Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Hello, my child is 3. 5 years. He doesnt eat properly. In fact we have to force feed him every time. He is not a fan any particular food. He weighs only 14kgs. Please suggest me how to increase his appetite since he is not interested in trying out new food. He looks too thin.
My son 6 years old still not able to speak clearly, also he us not behavior like 6 years old child. Pls help.
My son has learning disability with writing. He was diagnosed by a councillor. How do I help him, he is in class 9.
Give some good goodtonic name so that my 10 year old kid gains weight he is 10 years old and 23 kg height is 4.4.
Mastitis is primarily an infection that occurs inside or on women's breasts within the first three months after pregnancy. Sometimes the infection can also affect non pregnant women where it is referred to as periductal mastitis.
What are the causes and symptoms of Mastitis?
The most common reason behind such an occurrence is malfunctioning mammary ducts in pregnant women. Milk stasis or blocked milk ducts happen due to irregular feeding sessions, the baby's difficulty in sucking or not being able to attach optimally to the breast for feeding. The other plausible reason is bacterial infection that has somehow entered the ducts through a crack in the nipple area. Blocked milk ducts carry a lot of stagnant milk that provides the most suitable breeding ground for bacterial cultures. Steps must be taken so as not to pass on this bacterium to the baby who depends on breast milk almost entirely for nutrition.
1. It often manifests itself in the form of redness, swelling, pain, fever and exhaustion, resulting from inflammation of the breast tissues and mammary glands.
2. There is also a palpable warmth and tenderness of the breasts, accompanied by a general feeling of malaise.
3. Other common symptoms include lumpy formations, wedges, burning sensation especially during breast feeding.
4. Nipple discharge, body aches and relatively higher body temperatures might also occur in association.
You must consult with your doctor immediately after the appearance of similar symptoms; promptness is advisable when you are pregnant.
What problems does Mastitis cause?
1. Most commonly affecting nursing and recent mothers, Mastitis poses a pertinent problem in breastfeeding as it causes dysfunctional lactation.
2. Mastitis is therefore also as precarious for the new born baby who is left without its primary diet.
3. Doctors often recommend such mothers to continue breast feeding in spite of the disease, after prescribing some antibiotics which usually work in suppressing the infection after a maximum of 2 to 3 weeks.
4. The affected mothers usually feel too tired to take care of their child while suffering from this kind of infection.
1. Avoid wearing tight clothes or undergarments.
2. Regularize breastfeeding schedules; do not stop before 6 months.
3. Encourage your baby to feed especially when you experience of build-up of milk.
• It is less common in breastfed infants.
• Less exposure to sunlight.
• Dark skinned infants.
• Dietary deficiency of vitamin D.
• Chronic liver disease.
• Renal osteodystrophy.
• Calcium wasting.
SIGN AND SYMPTOMS:
– Prominent forehead.
– Delayed closing of anterior fontanels (normally closes by 6 months of age).
– Frequent rocking movement of the head.
– Temporary teeth usually appear late.
– Excessive sweating over the forehead.
– Beading of ribs (rachitic rosary), at the junction of the ribs and cartilages.
– Prominent sternum (Pigeon`s Breast).
• Spinal column:
– Patient has hump in the back (Kyphosis).
– Bow legs.
– Knock knees.
– Outwards curving of bones of forearm.
– Dwarfism in severe cases.
– Green stick fractures can occur in severe cases.
• Ligaments and muscles:
– Weakness of legs.
– Delayed walking and standing.
– Over extension of knee joints.
– Pot belly due to weakness of abdominal muscles.
• Digestive system:
– Indigestion due to liver and spleen affection.
• Nervous system:
– Restless at night.
– Rocking of head on the pillow.
– A predisposition to titanic convulsion.
• Respiratory system:
– Adenoid and tonsillar hypertrophy.
– Pharyngitis (inflammation of mucous lining of the pharynx).
– Triad of tetany.
– Laryngismus strides.
– Convulsion may be expected in low calcium type of rickets.
• Avoid bony injuries, to prevent factures.
• You should have sun bath for at least 1 – 2 hrs every day.
• Consume foods rich in vitamin D:
– Animal food: egg yolk and fish liver oils are riches source.
– Liver, veal, beef, oyster, salt water fish – mackerel, kipper, herrings, salmon, sardines and tuna.
– Dairy products like – cream, butter, cheese, fortified milk and margarines.
– Plant foods are low in vitamin D – vegetable oils, fruits, nuts and green leafy vegetables.
• Reduce calcium intake (reduce but do not completely avoid calcium as it is needed for maintenance of our body):-
– milk and sea food, nuts, green leafy vegetables, whole grains, peas, lotus stem, pulses, legumes and oil seeds
– Should avoid custard apple and banana as they are high in calcium.
• Breast feeding should be continued.
• You can take vitamin D supplements – cod liver oil, fortified milk.
• Consult physician if you have any of the above sigh and symptoms.
• Associated illness should be treated.
• Vitamin D injections can be injected under the guidance of your physician.
My 1 year daughter is urinating very less, just 3-4 times a day from two days and she is not interested to take much fluid or water. Also she is having cough n cold from last two days. Please suggest.
She is not gaining average weight. Altghou she is healthy. Age 1 year 5 month Weight 7 kg 200 g Pls give nutritional advice for her.
My baby 4 months old, her eye in infection and eye under in yellow type (chip-chip) dust. I given the mezol eye drop. Please advice me.
Mt report shows diameter of induration is 18m. MX 20 m.m.wat is DAT mean positive or negative? 3 years ki girl h.
My 6 year daughter has around 6 teeth which came out but only 3 have come back, and it's been quite some time. What should we do?
A majority of us would rather undergo any form of torture than go to a dentist. There is some great news for the ones who are silently enduring their dental pains. Read on as we reveal how to get rid of your teething troubles and that too painlessly!
#1- NO MORE INJECTIONS
If the fear of a needle is what’s keeping you away from the dental office, then think again as we can now numb you with as little as just a paste, spray or solution that doesn’t require an injection for its delivery. This revolutionary new technology takes away the prick of the needle and the pressure of the liquid expanding your lips and gums, instead, the solution enters by a digitally controlled dispenser going in drop by drop making it virtually undetectable.
#2- NO MORE DRILLING
The sound of the drill can be one of the most known triggers for creating fear and anxiety in the patient's mind. When coupled with its vibrations, heat and pressure the experience it creates oscillates from unpleasant to downright unbearable. If the drill were replaced by a beam of light that can clean up decay, even the most reluctant people would open up to the experience. Once patients experience the difference they not only get the most urgent and necessary treatments done but also opt for preventive treatments.
#3- BLADE FREE SURGERIES
If you had to undergo a dental surgery earlier you may have had to worry about blood loss, pain, swelling, stitches not to mention the countless gory images that come to mind - but fortunately not anymore ! A surgery can be completely pain-free with little or no bleeding, Immediate recovery,no stitches and no swellings having you back at work or play almost instantly.
#4- QUICK & EASY ROOT CANALS
Root canal treatment as a procedure is probably more dreaded than even extraction or removal of a tooth. The pain and fear associated with this treatment are due to the primitive way that it used to be done in earlier. Automated technologies make root canals completely painless, precise, quick and smooth in as little as just one session.
#5- RELAXING MEDICATION
If these reasons do not sound convincing enough then pain relieving and controlling drugs before or during your appointment may be the solution for you.
Great strides have been made in the field of pharmacology with medication that can block or control pain centres in the brain.
We now choose from a variety of medication ranging from oral drugs to breathing gases through a mask, that can relieve your anxiety during the procedure to a point that you no longer perceive or detect pain.
The only thing left to fear now remains a nagging toothache in the back of your mouth that you have been ignoring.
As hard as it may seem to believe, truth is, that with the best technology, great ambience, and a host of distraction techniques - a dental appointment may actually turn out to be pleasant and save you a world of pain in the future!