Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. H. ThimmaiahYour feedback matters!
I am suffering dry eyes. Not able to see shinig light nd sun light. Very much disturbed. Please advise.
My eye site -. 75 for right one and -. 50 for left one. So what should I do to improve and avoid lenses so I can clear medical test in some fields.
Hi doc, I willing to know about the Lasik eye surgery, is it good or bad? How much does it cost for both eyes? How long does the surgery takes and how long I need to do precautions I am a software technical guys, I need to work with systems all day so does this surgery affect my work? How long I need to take rest?
I m 20 year old male. Due to late night studies, my eyes became red and feel extreme itching sometime. Plzz help to get some relief.
My friend facing a problem of eye sight even if he consult eye specialist and have a little headache problem, how to overcome this.
What is serum IgE? My value is about 270.9 is it very bad? Will I have to take medicine? Although I am suffering from eye allergy?
From last 3 mon I hv problem in my eyes. Some liquid like dirty watter is flowing time to time. Andd its happening all the day. And you can say its common when I touch my eyes. Pls give me any solution for this.
From two weeks my eyes are paining because of my work on mobile and my higher studies. And I doesn't want spectacles please guide me what to do and diet plan.
I am suffering from eye defect. Power of my eye is - 3.75. What is the solution for me. Wearing specs is irritate me. So give me a solution for that. Please laser operation will help me? How much of cost for that operation. I am an engineering student at anna University. So, please me a solution.
I have been suffering from the problem of myopia, what are the symptoms of this and treatment for this.
I want to get a laser operation of my eyes to remove the spects. I am 26 year old . I want to know about if their are any disadvantages of this operation or any side effects later on.
Please suggest me some methods to decrease my eyes power. I have -1.75 on my left and -1.50 on my right. Does washing eyes with water several times a day helps to have effective vision?
I have a problem in my eyes at the time of study or playing with phone my eyes are full of tears what can I do.
Actually meri eyes side weak hai - 2 no but I think ki laser surgery It's is right time for surgery.
I am having problem of allergy retinitis consulted various doctors. Taking regular anti allergic" allegra -m" of sanofi. Please suggest something.
Hi ,I am suffering with red eyes from last 3 to 4 years. From the time I wake up my eyes look not normal. I don't have any habits of smoke or drinking. My profession is software engineer. I consulted few eye doctors but no cure. Please let me know if any body have solution and suggest best doctor to cure this in Hyderabad. Thank you.
The answer to this question is YES. Your child does need an eye examination at regular intervals starting from his or her birth. But the problem is that most, if not all parents don’t know this and wait for a problem to appear before taking their child to an ophthalmologist. Healthy eyes and vision determine your child’s overall development. And her eyes should be examined regularly so that vision problem like near or farsightedness, cataracts and the lazy eye can all be detected and treated early. So, vision care and eye checks should be a part of your child's routine medical care.
- Routine medical examination timing for ensuring good vision for your child are:
- As a newborn, your baby should be checked for eye health by a Paediatrician.
- If your baby is born prematurely, then retinal examination on 30th day of birth is very important to rule out Retinopathy of Prematurity which is a blinding condition
- If the child has obvious eye irregularities or there is a history of eye problems in your family, you should get your little one checked by an ophthalmologist immediately.
- In the first year of your child’s life, you must get a routine screening for your baby’s eye health.
- At 3 years, take your child for an eye health screening and visual acuity tests that measure sharpness of vision.
- Repeat the same when your child is around five years of age.
- Your child should be examined regularly after age five.
But, if the child presents with symptoms like frequent headaches and squinting, you should rush your child to an eye doctor. Your child needs an eye exam when
- He/she rubs his/her eyes constantly
- He / she suffers from extreme light sensitivity
- Has trouble focusing
- Is not able to follow an object properly with his/her eyes
- Has abnormal alignment or movement of the eyes after six months of age
- Suffers chronic redness of the eyes
- Has chronic tearing of the eyes
- Has a white pupil instead of black
If your child has started school, the signs to look out for include
- Not being unable to see objects at a distance and having trouble reading the blackboard
- Having difficulty reading
- Sitting too close while watching TV
If your child has signs of poor vision or crossed eyes or if you see signs of an eye problem like excessive watering and discharge from the eyes; have your child’s eyes examined right away.
Common eye problems
- Lazy eye or Amblyopia – If your child faces a problem of poor vision in one or both eyes. The eyes may also have a difference in the refractive error of two eyes. If untreated, amblyopia can cause irreversible visual loss in the affected eye. It is best treated before your child is eight years old.
- Strabismus - This is a misalignment of the eyes and presents as one of the eye turning in, out, up, or down. If detected early, vision in both your child’s eyes can be restored by patching the properly aligned eye, which forces the misaligned eye to work. Misaligned eye can be aligned with help of appropriate glasses, prisms, exercises or surgery
- Refractive errors - Your child can suffer from nearsightedness or farsightedness. Nearsightedness is very common in school- going children. The child is not able to see faraway objects clearly in this. The ophthalmologist will tackle this with the help of spectacles or contact lenses. If caught early, eye conditions can be corrected easily hence regular eye exams are highly recommended for your child.
Your child can suffer from nearsightedness or farsightedness. Nearsightedness is very common in school- going children. The child is not able to see faraway objects clearly in this. The ophthalmologist will tackle this with the help of spectacles or contact lenses. If caught early, eye conditions can be corrected easily hence regular eye exams are highly recommended for your child. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ophthalmologist.