Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Dr. H SureshYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from sexual problems like erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation and weak semens. please suggest me.
I have been suffering from dengue fever which has impacted my gall bladder n lever. Please suggest diet plan to recover fast.
I haven't been able to sleep since 2 days and I am having a severe headache, tried multiple home remedies, but didn't work, what to do? Please help me!
Hey doctor I am suffering from night fail from last 2 months. It happens in 3 times in week. Please suggest me something to get rid of this problem.
allergy in my nose. And very runny. I have use some sprays but not effected. Please help me. Please tell me the treatment of this problem.
Hello sir I have a problem during sex that when I do sex with any girl my discharge was so fast and my wife became angry suggest any pills to avoid fast discharge and also tell me about some good medicines which are best and works so fast.
Omega 3 fatty acids during pregnancy. Do I need it?
1) if I take omega 3 fatty acid supplements during pregnancy, it will help my baby's brain development better?
There is not enough evidence that supplements help to boost a baby's brain power. Omega3's in a mom's diet are definitely beneficial though. Taking fish oil capsules does not have same health benefits eating fish as along with omega 3, fish are good sources of proteins, calcium and vitamins b and d which one doesn't get from fish oil capsules.
If at all someone is taking these supplements, it should be taken at the start of a meal to avoid the fishy taste and burps.
2) are there any proven medical benefits of fish oil supplements?
Fish oil have omega 3's in the form of dha and epa. They are good for people who have high triglyceride levels as it helps to lower the triglyceride level in the blood but one must take at least 2-4 g per day to have this effect. How much dha we get out of a particular brand of capsule is not known as fish oil is sold over the counter and is not regulated by drug agencies. Fish oil may also help in controlling diabetes. They may also reduce complications in a person with known heart disease. If you have none of the conditions above it is much better to simply eat fish as and when you want.
3) can I get omega3's from any other source?
While fish is a good source of omega 3's, it is not readily available in many parts of our country. Also vegetarians can get it from walnuts, dark leafy vegetables like spinach, kale, algae oil or flaxseed oils. But vegetarian sources are poor replacements as compared to fish.
Krill oil which is made from shrimps has as much omega 3's as fish oil.
4) how much fish should I eat to get enough omega 3's?
It is recommended to eat one cup fish twice a week and up to 4 cups of cooked fish are safe for consumption. Frequent fish eaters should mind the mercury contained in certain fish. Shrimps, tuna, salmon and catfish are generally low in mercury while mackerel, sharks and swordfish have high mercury content. Pregnant women should definitely try to reduce the mercury content in their diet.
Sir I am only 17 years old and I am very much suffering from nightfall problem from last three years. I know it's common to my age but I suffers min 6 time a weak which makes me very weak ,thin, and lazy. This makes me very tired all time. Sir I also take medication but it works only when I take medicine and then it starts again. I am very suffocated with my problem .some other problems are like due to this excessive nightfall. My testosterone level is very low. So please help me by giving some medical tips how to reduce frequent nightfall and also how to increase my testosterone level fast. As soon as possible.
Hi doctor I am 18 years old and I have psoriasis on my cheeks and on my left hand since last year and I prefer many doctors but it can't heal and increasing day by day and I used many ointments like onabet dispalic terbinaforce; terbinaforcelite and tadheen and I also used unani medicines but nothing change.
My heart rate is high around 85 to 100 bps and blood pressure is around 130/90 (variate to upward) after the car accident last year (Jan 2016). Subsequent to that I go for the check up to Cardio Doctor. He suggest me for the proper diet, quit smoking/alcohol and not to worry as everything is normal with your heart. However since then I used to feel this high palpitation which lead me to anxiety. Suggest me Doctor what to do? As I even started cardiac and gym. I am 32 years old and my earlier profession was the Branch manager of the bank. From Bangalore.
Sir my pnis don't get erected during masturbation BT get erected fully n last fr long tym wn I get thought of having sex wt my gf. please suggest m whether I will b successful in my married life . Thnkx.
Whenever you peruse through snack options in a store, looking for a fulfilling yet healthy option often turns out to be really challenging. This is where you might consider nuts, such as almonds or walnuts. They are healthy snacking options with rich reserves of protein, fibre, and energy.
However, even in the choice between almonds and walnuts, there are certain things which need to be kept in mind.
- Energy content: Almonds contain 14 grams worth of fat, and 164 calories whereas walnuts contain approximately 18 grams of fat but give 185 calories. Thus, we find that walnuts contain a slightly higher amount of fat than almonds, but provide more energy in the form of calories.
- Protein content: Almonds and walnuts are both protein powerhouses - containing 13% and 9% of protein content respectively. Thus, both these nuts are great sources of protein.
- Mineral content: Both almonds and walnuts are rich in various kinds of minerals. When it comes to Iron, which is essential for muscle health and blood formation, both nuts contain very similar amounts (approx 5%). Almonds pack 19% magnesium - essential for strong bones, compared to the 11% in walnuts. Walnuts, however, have very high amounts of copper (50%) and manganese (54%) which prove to be useful in reducing symptoms of PMS as compared to almonds.
- Fibre content: Fiber,which plays a vital role in completing the process of digestion, is another component that these nuts pack healthy amounts of. Almonds contain 16% fiber whereas walnuts have 8%.
- Vitamin content: While walnuts contain 12% Vitamin B6, compared to the 3% in almonds, the real point of difference between these two highly healthy nuts is in their content of Vitamin E - essential for healthy skin and eyes. Almonds contain almost 48% of it, whereas walnuts contain only about 2% of the same.
Thus, we get a fair idea about the high nutritional content for both these nuts. They are both essential, especially if they can be incorporated into our diets in the correct proportions.
Related Tip: Fresh Fruits Vs. Dry Fruits