Find numerous Psychiatrists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. H S NarayananYour feedback matters!
My son is 15 yrs old he has behaviour problem like he is very rude with parents and does not listen to any body. Please suggest me remedy.
Sir/maam I am 23 years, I want to quit smoking. I tried many times but failed. I smoke 1 pack or less everyday. Is there any medication to stop smoking? I am 6 ft tall and my weight is 86 kg. Does quitting cigarettes make me gain more weight?
My husband is going through the toughest problem of his life. . He is never satisfied with anything he have like his job family everything he is being very much violent with me n many a time he is really being harsh n physically abusing me. I am really very upset about my life. . He used to love me so much but now I feel nothing like that. . After behaving like all that violence he forgets everything n sometime cry like a kid if I make him remember n says sorry for all what he did but doesn't remember anything n these days even saying that he wants to die he is asking me for mercy killing. . Help me please help me.
I am not able to focus on anything. I lost someone because of it my mind us not stable. Please suggest.
I have anxiety and I get chest pains quite often and would like help dealing with it. I've had about 2 panic attacks.
My dad's nature appears to be very unnatural for eg: yesterday he had gone out in a wedding and then after coming back home he was confused whether he had come back with his car only or with others car and then he was very stressed that he will be prisoned for the case of robbery of a car. So, is it a serious mental problem. Can you please suggest a solution for this.
Quick tips for relieving stress
1. Go for a walk around the block – and even longer if you have the time.
2. Make faces in a mirror to reduce the muscle tension (and the chances are it will make you laugh as well).
3. Stretch – and loosen the muscles in the shoulders, neck and jaw
4. Make a thankfulness list.
5. Find a place to withdraw from everyone. Five minutes on your own can really make a world of difference!
6. Turn off your phone and any message notifications.
7. Switch off the inner critic in your head.
8. Look for humour in the situation.
9. Have a cup of herbal tea.
10. Eat a banana. It increases your levels of potassium (which are depleted in times of stress) and gives an immediate boost in energy.
I have recently started with my job, 2 months back and in the starting I was stressed because of work so I wasn't able to sleep at nights but now from last 15 days I am not stressed because of work but still I am not able to have a relaxed sleep. The whole night, I keep working in my dreams, I mean I keep doing the same work which I do in office and when I wake up I do not remember much about it and I feel tired. I get up minimum 7-10 times at night to see the timing. I tried listening to meditation music before sleeping but nothing is helping.
1) suffering from parkinson for more than 28 years. 2) age 57, male, weight around 35-40kg recent diagnosis 1) 2 months back pet scan was done diagnosis-ed as psp medications 1) syndopa plus tab 2 times, pacitine, neurobian, amantrel night 2) recent prescriptions of syndopa plus 3 times a day aggravated 3) increasing of pacitine 2 times, straining my eyes observations 1) morning I am feeling stable till I take syndopa plus. Syndopa is causing sudden walking imbalance and walking on toes. Syndopa is slightly improving grip but not able to walk 2) amantrel started taking morning, night and stopped syndopa causing acute weakness after 2 days becoming extremely weak 3) by taking amantrel night and morning and taking syndopa plus tab in the morning and 1tab syndopa in the evening improved slightly 4) syndopa full tab is having effect for 3-4 hours, tab is having effect 2-3 hours 5) after syndopa effect I am becoming stable again am able todo little work 6) frequent urination in night (male incontinence due to parkinson?) what options? questions 1) any alternative prescription for syndopa so that I can improve my walking condition 2) frequent urinals any way to control. 3) after syndopa drug intake, problem to perform any work 4) amantrel is having stabilizing effect, syndopa causing walking imbalance so how I can I improve my condition?
There are a number of mental disorders and conditions that may affect the psyche of a person, due to various reasons including hormonal changes, environmental factors and even genetic conditions. Paranoid Personality Disorder is one such condition that gives rise to eccentric behavioral patterns. This may make the patient seem odd or even strange to others. Here are the signs, causes and various forms of treatment available for this condition.
Symptoms and Signs
Most of the patients suffering from this disorder are completely convinced that there is nothing wrong with their behavior and everyone around them are conniving against them with ulterior motives of bringing them down. This will make them highly suspicious individuals with intense trust issues. They also become angry and violent very soon and usually do not have a justified reason for such temper tantrums. These patients will also be detached and isolated socially, with hardly any friends and relationships. They will also have trouble seeing their own problems and flaws, which can keep them from having meaningful relationships.
The cause of this disorder is not known as yet. There is much ongoing research in this field. It is widely believed that this disorder is born due to a combination of biological factors and other environmental factors that may have conditioned the brain in a negative manner. Chemical and hormonal imbalances are known to be at the core of many such disorders. Also, it may be seen in people who come from a family of Schizophrenic patients. Trauma experienced during one's childhood can also lead to the onset of this disorder.
One of the most effective forms of treatment for this disorder includes therapy. Talk therapy or CBT which is also known as Cognitive Behavioral Therapy is a form of discussion based therapy that can help the patient in talking about his or her feelings. These are then analysed in a clinical setting with the intervention of a trained psychiatrist or psychologist who will help the patient in pointing out abnormal behavior. This kind of therapy also helps in reaching the root cause of the issue that may have caused this condition in the first place. By doing so, there is a better chance of treating this cause and thus changing the attitude of the patient. This will help in steering the patient towards more normal behavior in the long run. This kind of therapy will have to take place over a long period of time before the results begin to show up in the day to day living and functioning of the patient. Anti-depressants and anti psychotics may also be prescribed.