Find numerous Psychiatrists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. H S NarayananYour feedback matters!
I am 23 years old man. I am very shy guy. Its not bad but sometimes it creates problems. How I overcome it. Pls suggest me.
How can I get rid of Guilty feelings and stay Happy? Some things come up my mind everyday and I become sad due to guilt I just want to get rid of them?
I feel headache when I do too much study, what can I do to get rid of this, I am an engineering student. I must study.
I am 36 years male. When I feel hungry, I feel weak and I feel light headed and become absent minded. It happens before taking lunch and afternoon around 5pm to 6.30 pm. I take breakfast at around 8.30 am. Its a light breakfast with 1-2 roti and sabji. For office I have to travel around 1.45 hrs as I am in mumbai now. What may be the cause of my weakness?
Depression robs people of their energy, ability to focus and pleasure. It makes them lose the joy of doing anything. In advanced cases, people may also lose their will to live. Depression is caused by factors that are mostly psychological, although a few can be physical. Certain habits and ways of living also lead to depression.
Here are few habits you can avoid-
1) LACK OF EXERCISE - Being inactive affects your state of mind and can lead to a feeling of being depressed. If you are inactive, you also become lazy or tend to eat more, due to lack of anything better to do. This may be even more depressing.
SOLUTION: Exercise ensures your physical and mental well-being. Whenever you feel depressed, remember to exercise. Even a 20 minute brisk walking makes your brain produce the 'feel-good' chemicals, which keeps you active and in high spirits. If this not possible then just use the stairs instead of the lift, or take a few rounds of your block at whatever pace you can do. Remember to be regular in your efforts.
2) IMPROPER DIET: Having regular foods which are loaded with hydrogenated fats, refined sugars and processed foods increase blood sugar levels suddenly and then dip suddenly. Our bodies and minds become lethargic with such foods. These chemicals affect the limbic brain( emotional centre) directly, making us feel blue, irritated and fatigued.
SOLUTION: Eating healthy is not only good for your body but also your brain. Food stuffs that contain omega-3 fats are referred to as brain foods and lack of such foods makes you vulnerable to depression. Eat crap and you feel like crap! Since our bodies cannot manufacture omega-3 fats, it has to be sourced from foods such as coldwater fish and seafood. Eating whole grains, fibre, vegetables, fruits rich in carbs and plenty of water Eat healthy for a healthy mind.
3) POOR SLEEPING HABITS - If you constantly deprive yourself of sleep or oversleep, you create a situation that risks depression. Not getting the recommended 7-9 hours of sleep leaves you irritable, agitated or hyper vigilant. A person who hasn't slept enough cannot perform daily functions properly and may feel frustrated or begin to feel trapped. A sense of loss of control makes one feel depressed. Most people don't understand that just getting enough sleep can help in keeping depression at bay.
SOLUTION: Sleeping well has a restorative and rejuvenative action on the body and mind. The body repairs itself while sleeping, dreams are a way of expelling unwanted thoughts and emotions, people develop higher immunity when they sleep well, you have better cognitive functions. You will make sound decisions with fewer errors, concentrating and focussing will be easier. Tasks will seem easier and effortless. A good sleep leaves people feeling energised, happier and alert.
4) ISOLATION - the experience of being separated from others—may result from being physically removed from others, as when a person lives in a remote area, or it can result from the perception of being removed from a community, such as when a person feels socially or emotionally isolated from others. Social isolation is distinct from the experience of solitude, which is simply the state of being alone, usually by choice. Taking time to be alone can be a healthy, rejuvenating experience that allows us to reconnect with our own needs, goals, beliefs, values, and feelings. But when a person experiences too much solitude or feels socially isolated from others, he or she may develop feelings of loneliness, social anxiety, helplessness, or depression, among others.
SOLUTION: Having an active social life with real and genuine people whom you gel with and have common interests is like an elixir of life. It infuses a person with a sense of wellbeing, safety, security and belonging, which is so necessary for us humans. It forms social support not only in good times but also in tough times when we need help, support, suggestions and encouragement. Man is a social animal. A shared smile, a nod, a wink, laughter or story can go on a long way to make you feel uplifted.
5) RUMINATING - Dwelling on negative thoughts each day, sets you up for depression. Constantly thinking of failure, loss, rejection or past events is harmful. Ruminating about something you cannot change not only makes you depressed but also drives you insane. It fosters feelings of helplessness, worthlessness and hopelessness, which are so common in depression.
SOLUTION:There are practical ways of fighting this problem, like keeping yourself busy and distracted, or just using an outlet to channel the feelings out of your system. Have a satisfying hobby to fill up your free time. Taking care of a pet, social work also helps people feel good about themselves. Use logic and rational reasoning to combat negative thinking patterns. Seeing meaning in a loss is very helpful too. Look at the positive and brighter side of each situation. Using humour to lighten some tough situations help keep the mental and emotional balance from tipping. Counselling helps people to understand more about their limiting thinking styles and beliefs and help create and develop empowering, optimistic and helpful styles of thinking which can help the person achieve more and lead a more meaningful and satisfying life.
I am 22 years old and I'm a very heavy smoker I was try all things but don't work it help me what can I do to quit smoking.
Hi, My uncle is suffering from seasonal depression since a very long tine. For 6 months he becomes very active spends like a king occur losses and other stuff and for the other 6 months he just sleeps and be inside the house. And also he is not ready to accept it n go to a doctor.
I am 29 years old male, 6 months marry3d its love marriage with 1.5 years relationship my wife is very bold and open towards her friend especially opposite sex she use crack non veg jokes I never felt any bad about it as its todays generation let me tell you we have gap of 4 years. Am grow in traditional envoirment never touch any girl had emotional relationship before which never work out got dumped twice which makes me mentally weak den 2 years back I found her she proposed me we wer in good relation got married. At time of our first sexual encounter I came to know she was not virgin I asked her she got angried at first night I bleed due to foreskin tore as its my first time not she still I keep trust on her ok might be cycling of anything broke her hymen. Then I notice one guy remark her ao called very good friend she introduced me as very close friend I got gut feeling its something else more then friendship so I checked her conversation it found normal about life job and career never suspected them I just saw his notification on her whats app he was commenting her sexy hot and many pathetic comments I aksed her she said how hai I told her stay away from him I do not like this guy. She ignored I thought about it and said ok its der generation and these are comments on her beauty looks and figure its ok noy big deal. One day I got her facebook access I juat read her conversation very old 2 years back wid same best friend I came to know shes having physical wid him not twice thrice many times in her collage days also read comments like look for room and lodge which really shocked me it was not love at all its just lust and for fun I asked her and told her that its over she begged me not to tell any one its mistake please forgive give me one chance she do not have any kind of sexual relationship wid him after she met me we r just good friends I got very shocked ok every one has past so they keep all these things away from them after got married am not angry on her virginity lost am angry if I love her most she was happy wid me then why she still need him and how could I trust her that she do not have any relationship wid him its just friendship wala thing. We stay separate from my parents I came back wid my parents as I can not trust her any more 24x7 I think about this only can not able to concentration on my work became very aggressive had many fights out side as well as at home wid close friends this couldn't be digestive for me any more after 2-3 weeks I realize its not easy my parents to digest this for sake of future, I decided to forgive her as mistake she behave well delete all male contacts blocked his no in 2-3 weeks I felt ok still I did not trust her fully I really can not. Last week I found her g talk open with one more guy she had only physical relation ship dat devastating for me know feels so disgusting dat am I living with whore or something I hate her like anything now I do not want to touch her body I do not want her in my life but I couldn't do it as it will hurt my parents and I love them very much again she started same thing its my past please forgive me do not judge me on my past etc etc am yours only please do not tell my parents she behave very down crying alot again ask for chance to become good wife I really can not understand now how can I trust her. She broke the trust of her father how could be she will be faithful to me I think she is very much addicted to sex now we have good sex life what after if we had problem I can not trust her for ny life journey am getting sick now can not able to do anything feel to do kill my self but thats not solutions what should I do should I tell her parents but I do not think so after that anything will remain between us. What should I do please help should I file divorce she said if I file divorce she will kill herself as I know she loves me alot kind of things she did for me in past 2 years relationship but I can not trust her for her nature towards opposite sex its too much open. Please help psychiatrist help required am sick now do not know what am up to.
The coitus was great, but after everything is over, why do you feel so sad and depressed? If you feel like fleeing or if you need some reassuring physical contact after intercourse, you might be suffering from a psychological condition called 'post-coital tristesse' (PTC)
What does it mean?
Post-coital is a Latin phrase while tristesse is a French word which literally translates to “sadness”. If you suffer from PCT, you might experience intense feelings of uneasiness, anxiety or sorrow immediately after coitus, or even two hours later.
Why does it happen?
- There are specific hormonal changes during sex and immediately after it. Two main hormones involved are ‘dopamine’ and ‘prolactin’. Dopamine is a neuro-hormone that precedes the release of adrenaline and is linked with feelings of pleasure and sexual arousal; while prolactin is the hormone responsible for producing milk in women (men secrete it as well). Dopamine is released in copious amounts during sex, so to counter this, prolactin is released. Prolactin drastically reduces dopamine levels, and this can make you sad.
- The other cause is psychological. Under the influence of dopamine, you might end up saying things you regret later. This too can result in sadness and depression.
Is it different for men and women?
Yes, men and women handle PCT very differently. Men feel like leaving so that they feel less sad. On the other hand, some men choose to stay, which only worsens their condition. It makes them associate sex with melancholic feelings. Women, on the other hand, crave for reassurance and physical touch from their partners. Nice words or cuddling can ease their discomfort. Suffering from this might result in disaster for them. When the man flees and the woman needs reassurance, it will lead to negative feelings about sex and development of resentment for each other.
Can abstinence and avoidance help?
Abstinence can help if you do not have an active sex life. Time away from sex can actually help you understand your problems better. However, abstinence can trigger depression, low self-esteem and extreme emotions of loneliness.
Are there any other solutions?
Communication and therapy are traditionally the best treatments for PCT. Talking to a therapist, alone or together with your partner, can help you with a solution.
On the behalf of my friend she is a girl 19 years old she all alone no parents she stay with her nana nani beacuse of bad behaviour by them she feel so sad that she had attempt many times suicide but she do not releasing the mistake after doing that she always tell me that I feel alone there is no body she always talks about suicide what should I do please help me?
I have problem of concentration, I can not concentrate on anything more than 5 minutes, Interest doesn't come for doing work. When someone try to advice me I become fear in my mind & don't do work due to fear. Fear of failure comes within my mind.
Are you suffering from depression? Is it hampering your daily life and activities? Depression is a mental health condition, which is very common in people of all ages around the world. It is a serious medical condition which may occur for several reasons, depending from person to person. Depression should be treated effectively for restoring a healthy state of mind. Among the various modes of depression management, homeopathy is considered to be an effective remedy.
Here is a list of the top homeopathic medicines which are used for tackling depression, along with the symptoms when they are applied:
- Arsenicum album: This is an ideal homeopathic medicine for people who worry excessively. It is used in people who are extremely health obsessed. Such people get depressed about failing to reach personal goals in life. The symptoms of such a patient suffering from depression tend to worsen in cold weather, as pain sensitivity increases.
- Aurum metallicum: This medicine is effective for workaholic people who have a tendency to feel worthless, despaired and experience suicidal thoughts after failing to achieve personal and professional goals. The symptoms worsen during the night time and during cold seasons. Calming music is beneficial for easing these patients.
- Calcarea carbonica: This homeopathic remedy is commonly used in the case of people who become overwhelmed due to work, worry and physical illness of any kind. The development of fatigue, discouragement, confusion, anxiety and self pity are also indicated in such patients. This medicine is also good for depression patients who suffer from sleep disorders, or sweat profusely.
- Causticum: This homeopathic medicine is important for curing depression in people who due intense grief resulting from some kind of major loss. The patient may experience forgetfulness and mental dullness. The patient may tend to cry a lot and becomes extra sympathetic towards others.
- Cimicifuga: This effective homeopathic remedy is used for people who suffer from bipolarity. They may be quite energetic and talkative during good times, but during periods of depression, they become gloomy and dull. Neck aches, headaches and painful menstrual periods in women are also likely.
- Ignatia amara: This homeopathic medicine is used in the case of people who are very sensitive and tend to suppress their feelings of grief and disappointment. They do not want to seem too much defensive, moody, or vulnerable in the eyes of other people. They may burst into laughter and tears all of a sudden without a proper reason. Abdominal cramps, insomnia, and headaches are other symptoms.
- Kali phosphoricum: Another effective homeopathic medicine used in the management of depression is Kali phosphoricum. People who need these medicines feel depression after long periods of emotional stress. Nervousness, exhaustion, insomnia, anemia, increased cold sensitivity, and reduced concentration are experienced. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.