Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. H.s NarayananYour feedback matters!
Mera baby 3 month ka h Jo Breast feed krta h agr Mala N medicine leti hu to baby ko koi dikt to nhi hogi ya mujhe koi side effect.
Are there any long-term effects associated with taking ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) medications? If so, what are they and what medications are implicated? What exactly is a spine block injection? Will it work long-term for low back pain due to disc problems? What causes Hashimoto's thyroiditis, and what is the best method of treatment? Can iodine help this condition?
I stopped bottle feed to my 3 years boy. Now he quit to drink milk with any thing. I don't know what to do?
My 6 months old baby I feel is now reacting slowly to pur voice from last 2 days. Earlier her reaction was instant but now she keeps busy in her even though is speak out her name from side she does not look at my sise and if looks that too when I repeatedly keeps on speaking. One night I was feeding her cerelac she cried very badly and that too for quiet a long time. After that only this noticed this slow reaction to voice. Is this normal or there is anything to worry. Kindly suggest.
Are there any long-term effects associated with taking ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) medications? If so, what are they and what medications are implicated?
Hello Doctor, I a mother of 7 month old baby and I breastfeed her along with complimentary foods. Will you please let me know if I can have alcoholic beverages in moderate quantity like wine or beer. I rarely take drink so its not hard for me to abstain if I have to . But if its not harmful then can I take it.
My niece is getting fever frequently and then fever goes out within every 20 seconds approx. Suddenly her body goes up and then does down immediately. She is 5 months old. Please suggest
My child is 9 months old. She occasionally suffers from cough. Mostly during night and if she sweats and catches cold. Sometimes she vomits while coughing vigorously. Please suggest remedies so that she becomes completely free of these irritations.
My 2 months 15 days child baby boy is having a white patch on the stomach, armpit, chin area what could the reason be and does it vanish as he grow.
My baby 20 months old. At 18 moths DPT vaccine given but at injection site inside swelling still appear 180 days gone from injection date. Starting it was big now it is small but we had doubt is it normal? Is it gone itself? Please advise. Thank You.
Good evening doctor. My baby is turning 4 months on this Sunday, the 22nd. All vaccines have been given as per schedule viz. Rotavirus, IPV etc. However, kindly advise on the pneumococcal vaccine. Doctor informed us that its a dose of 3 injections and an optional one and not a mandatory one. Please guide us and oblige. Will there be any adverse effects if not taken? Regards.
My son is suffering from mucous and bloody stool since one and half month. I have checked and consulted with two pediatric doctors and one of them suggested to cut out cow's milk from his mother's diet. The doctor also told us that my son has an anal fissure and thus Sucral ointment is suggested for him. Baby's mother did not take any diary product and egg for the last 14 days and we use the sucral ointment till day. But we are not seeing any improvement in his health. We are seeing some little drops of blood two or three times everyday, when he passes stool and some times he passes out excessive gas. My son is only two and half months old and he has no fever at all. He is gaining weight 200 gms in every week and also sleep well. So what is his actual problem and how long it takes to cure this problem completely?
Dear Sir, Please impart advise about the cold and cough of baby and 52 years old lady. Once attacked does not relief early. How we get rid of aforesaid problem. With regards.
My wife is 8 months pregnant and suffering from thyroid And my baby growth is not much as good as normal baby growth. So, suggest me something. And Eating mango is good in thyroid and pregnancy suggest me also.
Ear aches are a common complaint for many children. An ear infection can be explained as an inflammation of the middle ear. Unlike other aches, this one cannot be soothed by scratching or applying pressure and hence makes children cranky. Ear infections are usually triggered by bacteria or viruses. This causes inflammation that narrows the tube in the ear and allows fluid to build up. This fluid buildup is responsible for the pain.
However, not all ear infections need to be treated with medication. When it comes to treating ear aches in children, picking a natural remedy is a much better option ,since it has no side effects and can address the root cause of the infection. Here are a few natural remedies for earaches:
- Compress: Hot and cold compresses are very effective ways of treating pain and can be used for earaches as well. Place an ice pack or a warm, moist compress over the ear to soothe the ache. Heat relaxes the muscles and stimulates blood flow while ice controls inflammation and swelling. Hot and cold compresses should not be applied for over 20 minutes at a time.
- Water: Some actions can help open up the eustachian tube to the middle ear. Swallowing is one such action. To encourage your child to swallow, offer him lots of fluids.
- Oil: Before using oil to treat an earache ensure that your child is not suffering from a ruptured eardrum and there is no fluid leaking from the ear. Pouring a few drops of warm olive oil or sesame oil can help soothe the pain by opening up the eustachian tube. It can also prevent the buildup of excessive ear wax and form a protective layer on the outer ear against bacteria and other infections.
- Elevate the head: Elevating a child's head can help improve sinus drainage. When it comes to children, instead of using a pillow below their head, place the pillow below the mattress to create a gradual slope.
- Onion: Onions can be used in many different ways to treat earaches. You could either juice an onion and put a few drops of the same in the ear or slice an onion in half and heat it before placing it over the ear like an ear muff. Onion contains anti inflammatory and antibacterial properties that help soothe earaches effectively and quickly.
If the earache does not reduce or if there is a discharge from the ear, do not continue to self treat it and consult a doctor immediately.
Related Tip: "Common Ear Infections: What You Should Know About Them"