Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. H R KumarYour feedback matters!
I have black spots as well as pimples on my back. I used scar removal cream for 4 months but did not see any changes. What should I do?
I have a normal skin nd I am suffering with black scars on my hands nd legs I am uncomfortable to walk outside by these scars those are caused by wound healing.
Daily in the morning after passing stool I feel acute burning at my anus. Which last for half and hour. No piles found. No stomach infection. I don't take tea coffee and spicy food aswl. I have gastric acid problem for which I daily take antacid now kindly tell the reason for the burning like acid. Due to this sometimes I not able to sit comfortably. This problem was once in a month before but now it is daily burning.
When skin is infected by a fungus, the resultant infection is called tinea corporis (ringworm). It is most common in athletes and children. The infection may appear on the scalp, beards, groin, in between the toes and other places.
Tinea corporis can be caused by:
- Skin contact
- It is contagious, so if you use towels, bed linens and clothes of an infected person, you will get infected too.
- Touching a pet infected by tinea corporis.
Signs and Symptoms:
- The rash starts as a scant area of red, bumpy pimples and spots. Then the rash forms a ring, with raised, red borders and a clear middle. The border might look scaly.
- The rash may show up on face, legs, arms or other body areas which are exposed.
- The area feels itchy. It might also be flaky and dry. You might even experience hair loss in the infected area.
The skin in the area will be gently scraped off and the sample will be collected. Then, the sample will be viewed under a microscope. That will help discerning, which type of fungus is causing the infection.
The following treatment regime must be followed:
- The skin must be kept dry and clean.
- Fungal creams are best. Creams that contain miconazole, ketoconazole, clotrimazole or oxiconazole are excellent for fungal infections.
- Only apply the cream on clean skin. You can use it twice in a day. Bandaging the infected area is not recommended.
- To prevent the infection from spreading, wash your towels in warm water and use clean towels every time you bathe. Also, clean the bathroom and wear freshly washed clothes.
- If pets are infected, treat them as well.
The infection usually goes away under 4 weeks. The infection may branch out to the nails, groin, scalp and feet. Self-care is effective, but if symptoms persist, then do consult a specialist. Ringworms have certain complications, such as scratching the skin too much causes skin infections and other skin disorders, which may need further treatment.