Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. H R Chandrika
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. H R ChandrikaYour feedback matters!
People go to the gym because they want to improve their physical appearance (among other reasons). With this emphasis on appearance, some men may find themselves with concerns about an issue over which they have little control - namely, their penis size. Although men know that penis health is more important than penis size, the size issue still matters to a lot of men. And they may find themselves concentrating on it while in the gym locker room, when they may have no choice but to put their equipment on display, at least temporarily. So knowing how to handle this situation is important.
Not just small
Ironically, it's not always concern about showing a potentially small penis in a public space that men feel. Some men with an exceptionally large endowment also feel conflicted about revealing themselves in the locker room or shower at the gym.
It's not uncommon for men to steal a glance at other men while changing or showering; comparing penis size doesn't stop after high school. And it can be done very subtly, with just a glance, or overtly, with one guy commenting - whether mockingly or admiringly - on another's endowment. And while it may be more flattering to get comments about how much action a man's big penis must get rather than comments about how a woman even knows when a small penis is inserted, it can still make a man feel uncomfortable.
What to do
Of course, some men don't mind the comments and attention at all, whatever their penis size. For some men, public nudity and the attendant comments or wisecracks is part of healthy male bonding; it makes them feel connected and more at home with other men.
But for those who find revealing their penis size at the gym to be stressful, the following suggestions may be helpful.
- Contact a professional. Being a little insecure about penis size is normal, but if it causes severe distress, it may be a good idea to contact a mental health professional to discuss why it produces such feelings. They may also be able to help develop strategies to feel more comfortable about penis size and to be less concerned about how other men view it.
- Bring a towel from home. Gym towels are often on the small size and may not comfortably wrap around a guy's waist. Bringing a larger towel from home that wraps all the way around can help conceal the penis from other men's gazes. Some men prefer to wrap the towel around before removing their underwear before showering. After showering, they may also keep the towel wrapped as they put on a clean pair of underwear.
- Accept that erections happen. Many men worry about getting a boner in a communal shower or while changing clothes. This is something that, at some point in their lives, has happened to most men. (In fact, lots of guys get a kick out of showing off their erections this way.) If a penis pops up at an unwanted time, the best thing to do is to accept that this happens and continue on without panicking. But if it happens frequently, a man may want to consider thinking "erection-deflating" thoughts before stripping down. Some men who pop erections frequently find it helps to masturbate before going to the gym, just to make an erection less likely to occur.
- Give back. Sometimes it pays to respond to comments about penis size, either playfully - "Hey, at least you don't need a microscope to see mine!" - or directly - "Keep your eyes on your own penis, buddy."
At the gym, feeling comfortable about penis size is important, but so is the healthy appearance of the member. Regular use of a first rate penis health crème (health professionals recommend Man1 Man Oil, which is clinically proven mild and safe for skin) with powerful moisturizers is crucial for good penis skin. The crème should include both a natural hydrator (vitamin E) and a high-end emollient (Shea butter). It also helps if alpha lipoic acid, a powerful antioxidant, is part of the crème; this fights free radicals that cause oxidative stress damage to penis skin.
Hi iam sree 30 years old, at 22 iam married, earlier I use to do sex daily 3 to 4 times in night from past 1 years I could not participate not more than 1 time. Y its happening can you what exact reason behind that.
Masturbation is a normal part of human sexuality, society frowns on it and young people are often taught to avoid masturbation. Lack of knowledge and opportunities to talk about it have given rise to a number of myths on this subject.
Let's take a look at a few of them:
- Masturbation causes health problems: Pleasuring yourself is the ultimate form of safe sex. There is no way for you to catch an STD, sexually transmitted disease, or for it to cause any sort of mental health problem. The only risks involved are allergic reactions to lubricants or toys and a feeling of guilt or shame due to societal pressure. It lowers the chances of you having an orgasm during sex
- Masturbation is akin to cheating: Single people as well as people in committed relationships masturbate. While it can lead to problems in a relationship depending on your partner's views about it, it does not amount to cheating on him or her.
- Masturbation causes infertility: Pleasuring yourself does not reduce your chances of getting pregnant or getting someone else pregnant. However, for men with a low sperm count, restricting ejaculations while trying to get their partner pregnant is a good idea. The only way masturbation can lead to infertility is if partners who share sex toys do not keep them clean and pass on STDs through them.
- It can cause erectile dysfunction: Erectile dysfunction has a number of psychological and biological causes, such as heart disease, stress and obesity but masturbation is not one of them. Eating certain foods can help control the urge to masturbate.
- Masturbation can damage the genitals: Touching your genitals is very unlikely to damage them. The sex organs are designed to withstand friction and hence are very tough organs. The maximum damage that can be caused by masturbation is a little chafing. Using lubricant can prevent this from occurring. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.