Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. H.P. AnupamaYour feedback matters!
Smoking cigarettes and impotence
- Erectile dysfunction (ed), also called impotence, can be caused by a wide range of physical and psychological factors.
- Among them is cigarette smoking.
- It’s not surprising since smoking can damage your blood vessels, and ed is often a result of poor arterial blood supply to the penis. Fortunately, if you quit smoking, your vascular health is likely to improve, as well as your sexual health and performance.
Smoking and changes in blood vessels
You’ve probably heard a lot about the health risks of smoking. That’s because cigarette smoking can damage just about every part of your body. The chemicals in cigarette smoke injure the lining of your blood vessels and affect the way they function. Those chemicals can also harm your heart, brain, kidneys, and various other tissues throughout the body.
The risk of smoking to your erectile health is specifically due to the effects of cigarette chemicals on the blood vessels in the penis. An erection results when the arteries in the penis expand and fill with blood after receiving signals from nerves in the penis. The nerves are responding to sexual arousal signals from the brain. Even if the nervous system is operating at full strength, an erection might not be physically possible if the blood vessels are unhealthy due to smoking.
Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID) is a common infection in the female reproductive organs like the ovaries, the uterus and the fallopian tubes and also the inside of the pelvis. If left untreated for a long time, PID can lead to severe problems like pregnancy complications, infertility and cancer.
- Cause: Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STD) like chlamydia and gonorrhea produce vaginal bacteria which travel to the interior organs and cause PID. Having unprotected sexual contact with someone who has an STD is the most common cause of PID. Moreover, medical processes like abortion, miscarriage, childbirth, insertion of contraceptive devices can also lead to bacterial infection. Having sex with a number of people, or having sex before the age of 20, or having had an STD in the past, also increase the chances of Pelvic Inflammatory Disease.
- Symptoms: The disease may show only minor symptoms or it may not show any symptom at all. When it does, the common symptoms are pelvic pain, discomfort while urinating or having intercourse, difficulties with menstruation and unusual fluid discharge from the vagina.
- Associated symptoms: High fever, nausea, vomiting, indigestion, exhaustion, shivering and fainting.
- Diagnosis: A pelvic examination is conducted to check for abnormal bleeding from the cervix (the opening of the uterus), fluid discharge or severe pain in the uterus, fallopian tubes or in the ovaries. Swabs taken from the cervix and the vagina are tested for STDs or other possible bacterial infections that may cause PID. An ultrasound or a Computerized Tomography (CT) scan is conducted to make sure that the symptoms are not being caused by other disorders like appendicitis or other kinds of infection in the reproductive organs. A pregnancy test is also done to take the necessary precautions to protect the fetus from the adverse effects of the infection.
- Treatment: The treatment procedures of PID vary depending on the type of bacteria that caused the infection in the specific case. Antibiotic medication is used to treat the condition. In case of severe complications, the patient has to be hospitalized.
My son is one and a half month old he is not at all breastfeeding as I try to breastfeed him he cries a lot nonstop. So which milk is best for him. As Dr. said I have flat nipple so I tried nipple shield also but than too he is not breastfeeding. Kindly suggest some alternate way to breast feed him or milk of which animal is best for him.
What a girl feels inside her vagina when she do sex for the first time and will that bleed? Please tell.
I am 45 years old. I'm suffering from following problems:-? Jaw lock while sleeping? weakness in eyes & head? teeth paining while going upstairs? irregular periods & having a simple follicular cyst in left ovary of approx. 2.1?4.2cm.
Hi I m a 21 year old girl. I do not have regular periods. I have tried 21 tablets for several year. But once I leave them the problem starts again.
The ability to do work is defined as Energy. It is categorized into different types. Light energy is considered as one of the most important forms of energy. As a matter of fact, life on earth evolved because of Sunlight (The light radiations reaching the surface of the earth are adequate to sustain life; which makes other planets devoid of life). Without sunlight, we cannot perform our routine activities. The use of light in the field of Dermatology has been an old concept, but earlier it was being used in limited indications. After a thorough research, it has been highlighted that Light energy, if used adequately can give unmatchable results in the field of Dermatology.
Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation (LASER) is one of the newer concepts in the field of Dermatology. Earlier it was termed as MASER (Microwave Amplification by Stimulated Amplification of Energy). Although the first Medical laser was discovered in 1961, it was approved for the use 2 decades later. Albert Einstein and many great scientists have contributed immensely for its inception. In the beginning, lasers were used exclusively in the industries. Advancement and curiosity in the scientific field led to its current scenario.
Laser in Industries and Medical field differ in their ionising properties. Industrial lasers are ionizing while the medical lasers are non ionizing. This makes them very safe to use (in human beings) and easy to handle (depending upon the expertise of the personnel). Another advantage associated with Lasers is their mode of action. They only act on the target tissue without affecting the surroundings. (Oral medicines affect the whole body. Topical medicines are unable to penetrate in most of the cases). An added advantage is the ‘Down Time’. With most of the lasers, there is no down time. Once the procedure is done, one can resume routine work. These are widely accepted in major cities as they are called as lunch time procedures (as the procedures do not require more than an hour; in most of the cases).
Unwanted hairs, Birth marks, Tattoos, Scars, keloids, Facial rejuvenation, Hair growth on scalp, Face lifts, Skin pigmentation, Skin conditions (Eczema, Psoriasis) and many more can be easily treated with Lasers.
Let us enter a new world of Dermatology where treatment options are designed to improve your general health. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.
If a male has on his underwear and boxers and the female has her underwear and pants on, during dry making out if the male ejaculates inside his underwear and continues to rub on the female, his pants and underwear get wet, so if the girl is a Virgin, can she become pregnant?
A detoxification diet can be mighty effective in losing weight as well as getting the system cleaned. While there is a lot of opinion about the diet itself, too much restriction on food can lead to monotony. The trick is to have a right mix of everything. The right balance of fibre, protein and other nutrient is necessary for the healthy functioning of the body. Here is a list of things to remember while following a detoxification diet:
- The right amount of protein: Getting the right amount of protein is essential for the body to function properly. The body needs around 20-35 gms of protein in about every four-five hours. It boils down to 3 eggs, half a cup of chicken breast and half a cup of black beans as far as food consumption is concerned. It makes sense to stick to a light protein such as legumes, white portion of the egg, tofu, and poultry. An adult requires a minimum of 60-90 grams of protein on a daily basis. The right choice of protein in terms of taste and calorie will ensure that the detoxification diet can be stuck to.
- Include carbohydrate: Carbohydrate should get a place in the detoxification diet. The body requires a minimum of 120 grams carbohydrates on a daily basis. It can be easily achieved with a balanced diet. Certain food elements such as legume and whole grain provides enough carbohydrate for the body to function throughout the day. Some other good sources of carbohydrate include berries, quinoa, and millet.
- Keep a calorie count: In general, an adult woman needs around 1500 calories per day and a man requires around 1800 calories per day. An individual should aim for a calorie consumption of 350 during breakfast, 450 during lunch and 500 at dinner. Midday snacks should not comprise more than 150 calories on a daily basis. Fast foods containing processed fat and carbohydrate should be eliminated from the detoxification diet.
- Water: While a good detoxification can show fast results, keeping the body hydrated is necessary for the detoxification to work. Apart from hydration, water helps the body to eliminate the waste and ensure the smooth functioning of the kidney. For detoxification to work the kidney should be in great condition. Water also helps to wash away certain unwanted element from the body. A minimum of 3-4 litres of water should be consumed on a daily basis for detoxification to work.
- A healthy lifestyle: For detoxification diet to work, it is necessary to follow a healthy lifestyle. Smoking and drinking should be stopped. 8 hours of sleep and a daily exercise schedule will help an individual to stick to the detoxification diet and get achieve immediate results from it. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.