Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. H N PankajaYour feedback matters!
My wife is pregnant from 2 months. Today when the scanning is made baby heartbeat is not so clear. So what is the reason? Or is it common in some cases to get baby heartbeat late? And what is the better solution please suggest.
Is there any sideffect to sucking vagina as my girlfriend friend force me to do every time when we do sex.
Disabilities can occur due to injuries, infections, or old age. Whatever the reason, the person has limited movement and suffers from pain and stiffness during this period. In addition to surgery and antibiotics, occupational therapy (OT) helps the patient immensely by providing complete rehabilitation and to help recover completely. Many who do not respond well to medications have benefited from occupational therapy and have had complete functional recovery. The occupational therapist helps patients to improve and maintain skills so they can perform their daily chores on their own.
The benefits of occupational therapy are too many and would depend on the setting in which it is used:
- In the elderly: With age, general movement is reduced and OT can help improve overall movement and quality of life, thereby enabling them to lead more independent lives.
- In mentally disabled: Occupational therapists work with people with emotional and mental limitations and teach them the necessary skills to be able to perform their functions in society. This can even enable them to take up a job and lead healthy, positive relationships.
- In physically disabled: OT can help them teach to perform their chores and socialize at school and home. There is a great deal of facilitating age-appropriate social interactions, thereby improving the chances of social acceptance of the affected individual.
No matter what setting Occupational Therapy is used in, the following are definitely some benefits:
- Improves range of motion: The person undergoing OT will see better movement of the affected parts, especially in old age where some joints are more involved than others.
- Increases mobility in injured or disabled patients: Disability or injury can lead to reduced mobility and OT can significantly improve this.
- Helps the body heal naturally: The body is not being subjected to any external chemical, and only natural movements and exercises are done, which is beneficial for the person.
- May reduce or eliminate muscle spasms: Pain and disability can lead to reduced mobility, which can cause muscle spasm. OT can help reduce and in some cases completely reverse the muscles spasms that may have set in. Can be supplemented with thermal modalities and treatment to reduce pain: Adding heat packs and moist heat to the regimen will produce better results.
- Treatment is customized for the individual: Each person is different with the cause and the effect of disability. The therapist will customize the program based on the person's needs and therefore will benefit the patient.
- Can boost self-esteem and promote feeling of well-being: The mere thought of being independent gives a big moral boost to the affected person, thereby improving quality of life.
Occupational therapy forms a part of the holistic regimen and can, therefore be integrated along with physical therapy to reap benefits.
Madam my daughter age 16 this getting regular periods every month, this month her bleeding going on 10th day, not too much but iam fearing kindly advice what to do.
Ovarian cysts are a common development in many women. Cysts are sacs filled with fluid which are formed in the female ovaries. Most cysts are harmless and do not even show any symptoms. However, some cysts do show outward symptoms like heavy bleeding, clotting, nausea, vomiting, stomach pain during the menstrual cycle, and pain during sex.
If you feel any of the above-mentioned discomforts, it will be in your best interest to consult a gynaecologist and get a check-up done. Most cysts are manageable unless they are very severe. In fact, it is best that cysts come to light at the right time and are efficiently managed, unless they develop into severe issues in the future.
Management of cysts
- Oftentimes, medical practitioners resort to what is called ‘watchful waiting’.
- At times, ovarian cysts disappear in a few months.
- It is recommended to take a blood test and an ultrasound to see the progress of the cyst.
- If you have already experienced menopause, then these tests are carried out every four months. This is because in such cases the risk of an ovarian cancer is at its highest and regular monitoring of the cyst is necessary.
Treatment of cysts
Ovarian cysts can be treated in their earlier stages. Here are some of the most popular treatments.
- Laparoscopy is one of the most popular treatments. It is a surgery carried out under general anaesthesia. The tummy is cut to a radius of a key hole and a laparoscope is inserted. This helps the doctor to see the internal organs, which is then used to remove the cyst. This method is less painful and has a quick recovery time.
- Laparotomy is the other method used for removing a cyst. In case the cyst is large, then one single large hole is made in the body to access the cyst. At times, the cyst and the ovaries are removed and sent for further laboratory inspection. This inspection is done to detect whether the samples are cancerous or not. This procedure is more complex than the previous one and might need the patient to stay in the hospital for a few days.
- In case you have a cancerous cyst, then your reproductive part itself would have to be removed rendering you barren for your life.
Ovarian cyst is very much treatable and is best to be detected at an earlier stage for better and faster treatment. Thus, it is best to go for regular check-ups and report in case of any disturbing symptoms.
I have mucous discharge when I go to nature call and I feel like going again and again sometimes I also see plugs of mucous when I defecate and I also have little itching.
I am ivf transfer patient 8 weeks 5 days pregnancy Dr. advised me geston injection daily but iamtaking alternative days from 7th week onwards because of pain it causes any problem pl. Tells pl. Give some advice.
I am 32 married & I have completely lost my sexual desire, also suffering with vaginal dryness please suggest me some medicine to overcome this problem.
My loved one get periods on every 13 of the month. This time we had sex on 5th of may but this time her period is still pending. Is there any chances for pregnancy.
Hello my wife is pregnant now 3 months. For me feel to have in contact with my wife. Is the right time to have or not. Pls advise me. But one thing she is get infections in vagina of outside. For that wat we want do. Pls advise me.
Hi I am pregnant 6 week n 1 day ki pregnancy he muje. Pr 2 days se muje blinding ho rhi he. Esa ku? Kya Mera abortion hoga?
What if I have a lump in breast and getting pain sometimes and feeling itching around breast. Is it a symptom of breast cancer or it may indicate that I may get breast cancer.
Plz tell me how to get rid from pcos naturally. Is there any medicine in Ayurveda. My periods is not regular from 3month.
MRI or Magnetic Resonance Imaging is a process of reproducing images from the structures & organs of the insides of the body on the computer screen with the help of energy pulses generated from the radio waves using a magnetic field placed inside a special machine.
MRI is used to diagnose various medical conditions like internal injuries or bleeding, rupture of blood vessels & other internal infections. However, an MRI scan is also useful for diagnosis of brain tumors, brain strokes, spinal tumors, bone tumors, ruptured ligaments, breast cancers, aneurysm etc. MRI scan is also used to detect problems in liver, gallbladder, kidneys, eyes and ears that are otherwise unrecognisable.
On comparing it with other similar imaging processes like ultrasound imaging, CT scans & X-rays, you will come across the following facts:
- MRI can effortlessly produce images from different directions & orientations of one particular structure.
- MRI is also helpful for getting detailed & precise images of soft tissues in comparison to similar imaging processes.
- MRI provides a macroscopic overview of the body in contrast to other imaging processes like ultrasound which concentrates on a minute examination of your body parts.
- MRI is also useful to determine the limit to which cancer has spread in the body.
- MRI can be useful to detect health issues when other imaging processes fail, because of its multi-faceted image recording technique. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Radiologist.
B12 an integral part of B Complex group of vitamins is responsible for it helps in the conversion of carbohydrates into glucose pushes up energy levels and keeps lethargy at bay.
It is vital in regulating both the nervous and digestive systems which implies that adequate quantities of this vitamin decrease stress fight depression and keep the brain from shrinking.
It also helps shield from heart disease by regulating cholesterol levels and protecting from high blood pressure and stroke
The perception of happiness has changed drastically over the past few decades. The constant pursuit has resulted in over expectation. Nobody wants to adjust or do any form of compromise today. Even the concept that “Marriages are made in heaven” stands as a question mark and the divorce rates are constantly rising. So, if you don’t want to settle with a legal notice and try to give another chance to make a comeback, a set of specialized therapists called counselors are waiting with their arms open, trying to let you know the cause of your unhappiness.
Marriage is all about commitment, devotion, spirituality, chemistry and even hard work. Don’t get amazed by the word ‘hard work’ here. This is a ‘must-have’. You have to work on anything and everything to continue the way it was and counselors simply guide you by listening to your problems. Seeking a counselor’s help instead of ruining it till the last is a good indication that you still want to put your efforts into this marriage. They listen to your problems and provide solutions accordingly to make it work for you over a long term.
So, before calling it an end, give it a chance and visit a counselor to act on whatever is left of this union. They are problem solvers and with their skills and advice, things can be normal as before.
- Marriage counselors will guide you throughout without being biased, helping you with ways to resolve a conflict. Good communication skill is a very important for a healthy marriage, and a good guide about it will help you in listening to each other.
- It’s obvious to expect in a relationship and presenting about your needs carefully before your spouse will help in building the much-needed understanding. So how should you work on it? You’ve counselors to show you the path.
- The art of talking can be improved during counseling sessions. Without being offensive, you can then be assertive and place your words into the situation.
- For the unresolved issues, there will also be a solution. During sessions, the marriage counselor gives you an environment to speak your heart out, and you can simply elaborate on how you feel when things get messy. Based on your answers, you will have solutions to your problems. Open out about your feelings more and more so that your spouse can understand the effort and vice versa.
- Without the quarrels, understanding will be much deeper, and you may seem to find out ways to work it just the way you wanted your marriage to be.
Marriage needs monitoring in every aspect. So before it’s too late, grab your chance to avoid the guilt that you may have later on. If your hearts have clicked before, a little effort will reunite it again. Give counseling a chance to protect yourself from future regrets.