Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. H N PankajaYour feedback matters!
I was having swelling in my both foot. So doctor suggested me for MRI test. In test, everything was normal with a exception that I am suffering from edema. I am taking homeopathic medicine since 1 month, but not finding any benefit from this. What should I do now?
My period cycle is not proper my period date is 24 August but abi tk period n aya hai meri age 25 sal ki h mera period cycle hamesa se he 5 ya 7 din aage badh kar ata h lekin is bar abi tk n aya.
I am a 22 year old guy. Last month my girlfriend is pregnant but we dont want a baby yet. Give me solution.
I have consulted a doctor to postpone my periods (menstruation cycle )date she advice me to consume MEDROX tab. Thrice a day. Is it safe to postpone period with this medicine and if there are any side effects please tell Is this medicine really works or which is best and safe.
Mine gf suffer from white liquid comes out frm vagina on her periods date but still now it has been note came wht I should (v hd nt dne anything tht effect it)
Im 20 old I'm not getting periods properly since 2 years. I'm getting periods only when medicines is used. What to do. Please help me.
If we kiss to a girl for a long time then she get pregnant or what? now she feels stomach pain. Please advise.
Sir I married before 3 years back my wife is studying now and I am a software Engineer. We dont want babies now we are taking care about it but everyone is telling that if we dont have babies now we never have babies is it true? please provide answer sir.
My wife is now 2 months pregnant but she has regular vomiting problem and also she is always feel weakness. By Age she is 28 She is taking proper rest and earlier she don't have any health issue. Please help in this matter and guide. What precaution she have to take for better health of her and child.
Diabetes alters the metabolism and functioning of almost entire body system. The most important targets are the circulatory and nervous system, leading to peripheral vascular disease and neuropathy. Diabetic foot is the result of a combination of these two factors in the feet – altered/reduced blood flow to the feet combined with reduced sensation.
- Neuropathy: When the sugar levels are poorly controlled, then the nerves in the legs are damaged, leading to reduced or absence of sensation. The patient cannot feel pain/heat/cold. Sensory neuropathy causes loss of protective sennsation leaving the foot at risk to repetative unnoticed trauma.
- Peripheral vascular disease: The blood vessels which are away from the heart are affected, leading to poor blood flow from the legs to the heart. Proper blood flow is essential for overall health, and when this is affected, the peripheral foot health is affected.
Some of the common foot problems encountered in diabetics are listed below:
- Fungal infections: Whether a person wears shoes regularly or not, they become more prone to fungal infections. The nails become discoloured, brittle, and break off. They are difficult to treat and may require oral medications.
- Ulcers: Diabetic ulcers are very common. The combined effect of reduced sensation and reduced blood flow leads to ulcers, which are not painful (due to lack of sensation) and therefore are ignored and not treated promptly. They can progress and become severe, even sometimes leading to amputation. Fungal ulcer are most common in between toes and in creases of a diabetic patients
- Corns: Diabetics are more prone to develop corns which are thick masses of skin near the bony area of a toe. This could be in areas where the shoes rub against the toes or between the toes where there is a lot of friction. Home care includes smoothing it with a pumice stone. The person should not try to remove them on their own. Warts, bunions, ingrown toenails, hammertoes, etc., are also very common in diabetics.
- The first and most important step is to monitor and regulate the blood sugar levels within ranges ideal for you.
- Warm water to be used for washing feet, and then to be dried well, to not leave a moist area between toes
- Regular feet care to check for blisters, ulcers, wounds, etc.
- Check toenails for overall health
- Preferably wear closed toe shoes
- Wear stockings or socks and shoes that fit well
- Moisturise the skin well to avoid drying
- Avoid exposing feet to extreme weather
- Quit smoking
- Ensure blood flow is maintained by not standing or sitting for prolonged periods and with regular exercise
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.