Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. H M Mahesh KumarYour feedback matters!
I'm 22 year old and my question is about ortho treatment. I've heard that ortho treatment can help in rearrange teeth. I want to know how much time it will take to completely rearrange it.
I am 38 years old suffering from bad smell from mouth and bleeding after gargling done. It happens in 2-3 hours gap, what do I do?
Hello doctor I have got pain in my mouth. Right side. I guess wisdom teeth is coming there or may be an ulcer is there on that area. What should I do?
My mouth gets dried up and it smells though I brush my teeth two times daily. Please suggest me to get rid of this problem.
One of my tooth needs to be extracted but with the best of my ability I cant open mouth enough that is required by dentist to perform extraction.Please help
He have pan gutkha habit now he's mouth didn't open fully only singel finger going inside that's much only open pls tell some ideas.
Hello sir, My age is 50. I loss my 3 tooth of front. I like to implant teeth. Is it possible my sugar levels fasting 160. Pp.135. Taking medicine for 5 years. I have vit d deficiency.
I have teeth problem my last teeth have pain I show nearest doctor he ask me this is root canal problem so please tell me what can I do ?
I am suffering from all tooth pains. Exactly at 1am in the morning i start getting tooth ache and not able to sleep after that.
Removal of teeth is gradually not the first option for a lot of dental issues. However, a large number of dental infections and other causes end in extraction. The front teeth, because of their visibility, are more likely to be replaced. The back teeth often go un-replaced, though they play a higher role in terms of food digestion and function. In many patients, reasons for impaired bite and crooked tooth are traced back to failure to replace a removed tooth. (Learn more to maintain healthy teeth)
Let us look at the some of the issues as a result of not replacing a missing tooth:
- Reduced chewing/digestive efficiency: The back teeth play a significant role in chewing the food and contributing to the initial stage of digestion. The salivary enzymes play a significant role in digestion when the food is chewed and removal of back teeth tends to make people swallow food faster than if good amount of chewing were to happen. Studies show that loss of each posterior tooth (molars especially) reduces tooth efficiency by 10%.
- Malocclusion: A malocclusion happens due to the empty space created, into which 3 teeth are trying to move. The tooth before and after the empty space tend to slowly tilt towards the empty space in between. Also, the opposing upper or lower tooth supra erupts into this space. Each tooth plays a critical role in maintaining the adjacent and opposing tooth in place, which is lost when a tooth is not replaced after removal.
- Bone loss: The tooth also is essential for maintaining healthy bone, and if not replaced, it can lead to accelerated loss of alveolar bone. Good bone support is very essential for construction of dentures, especially in old age, when complete dentures which are almost always removable need to be done. This is true especially in the lower teeth, where denture retention is a big challenge.
- Extra pressure on other teeth: Not replacing a tooth puts additional pressure on the remaining teeth, leading to accelerated bone loss and wearing off of the enamel.
- Esthetics: There will be a sinking in of the face when back teeth are not replaced, leading to a puckering.
So, the next time, tooth loss is inevitable, ensure you plan how to replace it in the earliest possible time period. The more it is delayed, the more difficult it is to replace it and the more expensive it will turn out for the patient. Fixed dentures or removable dentures can be the options, depending on age, food habits, finances, etc. Implants also could be another option, which is the new-age solution for replacing teeth. A detailed discussion with your dentist, ahead of removal will help you plan better. (know more for Nutrition and Dental Health)