Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. H Chikkabyrappa
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. H ChikkabyrappaYour feedback matters!
I have diabetes. The Before food 130 to 140 After food 170-180 was range from 3 yrs. I was consuming METATIME 500 1 tablet before food and Diapride 1 mg after food daily morning. nowadays my sugar leve is 170-180 before and 220-240 after food. Please suggest me about tablets. I have medium control over sugar consumption.
Hi. I used to run everyday in morning about 3.5 kms daily. But since last one week pain started in one of my ankle (feet). Since then I have stopped running due to this pain and now there is swelling near ankle. I apply it's everyday but swelling has not decreased, instead it has increased a bit. What should I do. Is there anything which I can apply or any ayurvedic remedy so that pain in ankle and swelling gets reduced. Thank you.
Most people crave to improve their bone health, maintain proper eyesight, keep the mind sharp and prevent chronic diseases. Have these top 10 power foods and you will be able to stay healthy and feel good about yourself:
- Berries: A great source of fibre, berries help in keeping your digestive system healthy, which in turn helps in shedding off the extra pounds easily.
- Eggs: A recent study has found that people who eat scrambled eggs and toast for breakfast feel more contented and eat less during lunch. In addition, egg yolks are rich in lutein and zeaxanthin, which strengthens your eyesight.
- Beans: This is a great source of iron which helps in transporting oxygen to the lungs from where it is transported to other parts of the body. It also contains soluble fibre which helps in lowering the cholesterol levels of the blood.
- Nuts: Walnuts or almonds or hazelnuts are a rich source of unsaturated fats that are healthy for your heart and overall health, owing to their high levels of omega-3 fatty acids and linolenic acids.
- Oranges: A rich source of vitamin C, a large-sized orange is adequate for your body’s requirement for fighting off infections and providing skin firming collagens. These fruits are also rich in folate as well as fibre.
- Sweet potatoes: Owing to the high contents of the alpha and beta carotene, which give the sweet potato its colour, you should have one medium-sized sweet potato regularly for keeping your bones, eyes and immune system healthy.
- Broccoli: This can be called a green powerhouse as it is packed with vitamins A, C and K as well as folate. It offers a rich source of sulforaphane and isothiocynate, which is believed to help in alleviating throat cancer.
- Tea: Tea is high in flavonoid content which is an antioxidant, and offers a wide range of health benefits. A cupful of freshly brewed tea helps in fighting diabetes, Alzheimer’s and certain cancers.
- Spinach: This plant has the important vitamins along with potassium, magnesium, calcium, fibre and iron. Spinach is healthy and is recommended for all to-be mothers.
- Yogurt: A rich source of calcium, yogurt is known for staving off osteoporosis. It contains helpful bacteria which helps in the maintenance of gut health and reduces the chances of age-related intestinal ailments.
Eat these 10 superfoods are nutrient-rich and are considered to be beneficial for health and well-being. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.
From last three days I am not getting sleep at night and not able to concentrate in my studies help me.
I have severe headache for past 2 weeks and sometimes a drop of blood also comes with my saliva in evening when I wash my face. It comes only in evening and only 1-2 drops of blood. Please tell me the reason for it?
For last 4 years I am having pain in my testicles. Earlier it was not much but for last 6 months it's increasing. My testicles pain even when I touch them. Suggestions please. Which doctor should I consult?
A blocked nose is not only annoying, but extremely discomforting. Several reasons can be held responsible for it and common cold is certainly not the only one. Some other reasons include:
Therefore, the remedial measures for blocked nose vary, depending on the cause that led to it. Some of the ways by which you can redress this problem are:
- Use a humidifier: Sinusitis is often held responsible for a clogged nose, a condition that is almost always accompanied by severe pain. In such a situation, placing a humidifier in a room proves to be extremely beneficial. This machine treats blocked nose by converting the water to moisture. This fills up the room and significantly increases the humidity of the room. Therefore, when you breathe, the humid air soothes the inflamed blood vessels in the nose and helps you to breathe properly.
- Take a hot shower: When you find it difficult to breathe, a quick hot shower can go a long way in curing the discomfort. The logic that operates is the steam generated from the hot shower thins the mucus and also considerably reduces the inflammation in the nose, allowing you to breathe normally.
- Drink lots of water: Though the suggestion may seem incredible, drinking water actually helps in unblocking that blocked nose. When you drink a lot of water, the mucus in the nostrils is thinned, at the same time it pushes back the accumulated fluids, thereby curbing the condition of blocked nose.
- Using a saline spray: This is one of the most ancient and trusted ways of treating blocked nose. By administering a saline or a nasal spray, the moisture in your nostrils increases and radically diminishes the inflammation.
- Use warm compresses: Using a warm compress has been the most reliable form of medication in times of high temperature and also at times of blocked nose. The compress that was dipped in hot water, when placed on the nose and forehead helps to unblock the nasal passages. The soothing effect of the warm compresses reduces the inflammation and facilitates the process of breathing. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.