Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Treatment Procedures
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Hello sirs/madams. Please fed up with my dark face, neck and hands. 1.Which company is better in sunscreens lotions? 2.What I have to use for my hands and neck to get rid of black colour? 3.what to use for get rid of my dark lips. Please do ans for all 3 questions in detail.
I have hair fall problems. And skin pimple problem, I am very upset for this problem. Please sir give me solution.
I am suffering from hair loss as I am having lot of dandruff, scalp is week & black, even I have lot of pores and I have to do scratch my scalp. Please help.
Good evening sir/mam, I am getting bleeding when I am going to motion 5 to 10 drops regularly can I know what is the problem and I am fear about it. I am 32 years old can I have a suggestion for this problem.
How to protect my skin from sun? My skin become black. And there are some marks on my face due to chicken pokes. How to remove them?
I have My skin problem. Skin colour is go to weight mark. Before 3 year this problem start and this problem automatically ready and again create weight colour in my skin I am in very tension. Please help me.
Some black shades are found in around my eyes (below part of eyes ). Why it is found? How it can be removed?
I am suffering from BPH and am now on Hytrin 1 mg tablet. One per day. I am interested to know if there is an effective drug in homeopathy for this. Can you please prescribe? How long it will take to get considerable relief from the drug?
I have a very sensitive skin. I wash my skin every night before sleep. When I wake up my skin becomes oily. Please suggest me any tips to cover up these issues.
Pls tell me suggestions for my black marks near bindi place I consulted Dr. they given cream for it but nt went .moreover I am having lots hair fall I want permanent solutions for it.
Colorectal surgery is the broad term for surgical procedures performed on the colon, the rectum and the anus. There are various different surgical procedures which fall under colorectal surgery and these are used to treat a vast array of disorders, such as:
- Anal cancer
- Colorectal cancer
- Severe complications related to constipation
- Anal injuries
- Inflammatory conditions of the gastrointestinal tract
- Congenital defects
- Procedures: The surgeries under colorectal surgery are performed after diagnostic tests such as proctoscopy, sigmoidoscopy and defecating proctography. The most common diagnostic test is colonoscopy. These help to identify the origin and nature of the problem and decide which surgical procedure is to be followed. The procedures under colorectal surgery are as follows:
- Colectomy: This procedure involves removal of a section of the large intestine. This is known as partial colectomy. In extreme cases, such as advanced cancer or severe gastrointestinal infection, the entire colon is removed and this is called total colectomy. Sometimes, the rectum is also taken out along with the colon and this is called proctocolectomy.
- Colonic polypectomy: An abnormal growth of tissues in the inner lining of an organ is known as a polyp. Colonic polypectomy is done to eliminate polyps from the colon and rectum before they become malignant. This can be done endoscopically. Surgery is required in case of large polyps.
- Strictureplasty: Chronic or repeated bowel inflammation causes scar tissue to accumulate in the large intestine. This results in the narrowing of the colon. Stricturoplasty removes the scar tissue so that proper flow of digestive contents is resumed.
- Colostomy or Ileostomy: A damaged section of the colon is removed and the shortened intestine is then attached to another opening (stoma) in the anterior wall of the abdomen.
- Hemorrhoidectomy: This surgical process is used for swollen hemorrhoids or blood vessels, which form in the anal canal. Hemorrhoidectomy is extremely effective in removing hemorrhoids, but the surgery also involves a number of complications.
- Anoplasty: Anoplasty or imperforate anus correction is done to correct birth defects in the rectum and the anus. The structural flaw does not allow the stool to pass properly from the rectum and so it is repaired through surgery.
Related Tip: "Colorectal Surgery: How To Be Sure You Really Need It"
I have pimples coming on my face I had consulted with a doctor dermatologist she suggested me to do 4 times skin peeling and she gave me 2 creams glaycolic acid and derived cms cream but I have found no result please help me out what to use to get ride of my pimples?
I am passing blood in my stool from last 3-4 months. Not everyday but Once or twice a week. I have an acidity problem. Can you please suggest me some test in which I can find out the reason for it? And also suggest a specialist doctor I need to visit.
My mother has" jhai" on the face. Many medicine n tubes like'panderm' have used to clean them. Can you please recommended us good tubes and medicine for clean them.
My father has done prostate biopsy test on 22 April, after that one or two drop blood comes through urine. He is a diabetic patients. Is there any medicine or what we will do.
Have you been noticing that some parts of your skin have turned dark and dull recently? Do you have ugly blotches and spots developing on your skin that keep on worsening? These may indicate that you have been affected by a medical condition known as skin darkening. Also known as hyperpigmentation, it is commonly caused by the overproduction of a pigment known as melanin. Although skin darkening is not a harmful condition, it demoralizes an affected person.
Types of Hyperpigmentation:
There are several types of hyperpigmentation or skin darkening. They are:
Lentigenes: This type of skin darkening refers to on the dark brown or black marks on skin surface.
Solar Lentigenes: This type of skin darkening includes sun spots, age spots or liver spots. These are spots, which are caused due to exposure to the sun.
Melasma: This type of skin darkening, also called as mask of pregnancy, occurs due to hormonal changes of pregnancy. Some areas of the facial skin become blotchy and pigmented.
Causes of Skin darkening:
There are several conditions, which may lead to the occurrence of skin darkening or hyperpigmentation. They include the following:
Hereditary factors: Some inherited factors present since birth may be responsible for the change in the skin complexion and the development of patches.
Skin disorders: Several skin disorders may cause the darkening of the skin, resulting into the formation of blotches and the skin becoming thicker.
Vitamin deficiency: Insufficient consumption of essential vitamins such as vitamin A, E, C and B complex may result in darkening and roughening of the skin. Vitamin deprivation also makes the skin look dull. Liver disorders: Certain liver disorders are also responsible for hyperpigmentation. A dysfunctional liver may lead to darkening of the skin.
Hormonal changes: Hormonal changes within our body and during pregnancy in women may also cause skin darkening.
Exposure to UV rays: Overexposure to the harmful ultraviolet rays of the sun may lead to skin tanning. This causes overproduction of melanin, which in turn results in skin darkening.
There are several ways in which you can prevent skin darkening. They include the following:
Avoid exposing yourself directly to the rays of the sun.
Try to apply sunscreen every time before you go out in the sun.
You should drink plenty of water and always keep yourself hydrated.
Try to abstain from consuming too much of spicy, oily and rich foods.
You must intake a lot of fruits and vegetables, which are rich in vitamin A, B, C, and E.
There are many options for treating the hyperpigmentation, from skin lightening peels to lasers. A properly planned customized skin care routine and treatment options can minimize, the pigmentation on your skin dramatically.