Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. GuruswamyYour feedback matters!
Ulcer problem, I am fade up with ulcers in mouth sometime inside throat, which is very severe. I do not understand how it is coming very frequently. In 2-3 days it will come again and again. Need a best suggestion of root cause.
I have pcod disease due to this I am not able to conceive. Please suggest some good diet and also let me knw what I should include for breakfast, lunch and dinner and how many litres of water I should drink every day. Since, I am a working women I will not be having time to prepare health food. I may take maggie or bread some days.
I am 30years old and i am gonna marry this year and my problem is I have tight foreskin on my penis and I can not pull back the foreskin totally as I saw some of the penises in most of the images and videos, only 3 to 4 cm of foreskin is going back when I pull it back and the glans penis is not completely coming out. Once I had sex with a call girl 4 years back using a condom and I have not faced any trouble doing sex and may be her vagina may be loose, and is there any solution to my problem? Can I have happy sexual life with my wife like this or else I should go for circumcision? Please suggest me thank you.
Mera ling ka pani aage K jaisa nahi nikalta gai. Mujhe lagta hai khatam ho kaha hai. Mai kiya karu avi Mai doct K pass v nahi ha Sakta hu. Meri age 20hai please Help me. Mai ghr mai hi Thik hona chahata hu plz.
HIV/AIDS is a type of STDs (sexually transmitted diseases) which is caused by the Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV). The HIV virus attacks the immune system and makes the body vulnerable to other diseases. AIDS is the last stage of the HIV infection; HIV takes about 10 to 12 years to fully culminate into AIDS. AIDS completely destroys the immune system and leads to fatal health conditions and diseases such as cancers and other infections because of AIDS.
HIV is a retrovirus that infects the vital organs of the human immune system. The virus progresses in the absence of antiretroviral therapy. The rate of virus progression varies widely between individuals and depends on many factors (age of the patient, body’s ability to defend against HIV, access to healthcare, existence of coexisting infections, the infected person’s genetic inheritance, resistance to certain strains of HIV).
HIV can be transmitted through:
- Sexual Transmission. It can happen when there is contact with infected sexual secretions. This can happen while having unprotected sex, including vaginal, oral and anal sex or sharing sex toys with someone infected with HIV.
- Perinatal Transmission. The mother can pass the infection on to her child during childbirth, pregnancy, and also through breastfeeding.
- Blood Transmission. The risk of transmitting HIV through blood transfusion is nowadays extremely low in developed countries, thanks to meticulous screening and precautions. Among drug users, sharing and reusing syringes contaminated with HIV-infected blood is extremely hazardous.
Contrary to popular belief, HIV can never spread by means of kissing as the virus cannot survive outside the body.
- The early symptoms of HIV appear within a few weeks of contamination by the virus. The early symptoms include headache, pain in the muscles and the joints, rashes and inflated lymph nodes. These symptoms tend to disappear within 2 to 3 weeks.
- The next set of symptoms might appear after a few years and these are persistent. The symptoms include, but are not limited to fatigue, loss of body weight, inflated lymph nodes, fever, a sensation of numbness near the limbs, pain when you try to swallow, sores in the mouth and sweating at night.
If you are diagnosed with HIV, you should:
- Try to maintain a daily diet containing vegetables, legumes, and fruits which provide you energy.
- Try to include a little bit of fat, carbohydrates (at least 3 servings of vegetable per day), calcium (dairy products) and low-fat protein sources (generally 80-150 gram per day of fish, skinned chicken, low-fat cheese etc.) in your everyday meal.
- Maintain a daily calorie intake of 17-25 calories per pound depending on whether the person is losing weight.
- Vitamins and minerals are particularly necessary to repair the cells damaged by the HIV virus.
So, it is necessary to intake foods such as eggs, milk, peanuts, green vegetables, meat, beans and broccolis on a regular basis, if you have been diagnosed with HIV.
If you are suffering from HIV, you must maintain the following food safety measures:
- You should try to restrict the intake of fat
- Restrict your alcohol intake
- You should try to avoid fast foods
- You should also limit your regular sugar intake and should avoid foods with extra sugar
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.