Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Submit a review for Dr. GuruswamyYour feedback matters!
Common cold, as the name suggests, is one of the most common diseases in the world. It is a communicable disease, mainly occurring during seasonal change, even though it is not chronic in nature. Homeopathy has the most effective medicines which treat common cold without the side effects offered by allopathic medicines, such as drowsiness. Read on to know which are those:
- Aconite: This homeopathic medicine is recommended when the most preliminary signs of common cold appear, such as getting thirsty frequently and being overly-anxious.
- Belladonna: Belladonna is for more severe signs of cold, such as high fever and persistence of a throbbing headache.
- Natrum mur: This medicine is effective for a runny nose, with initially clear snot thickening after a period of 24-48 hours.
- Nux vomica: Nux vomica is effective for constant sensation of chill, with warmth not felt even in the comfort of the bed. It is also effective for headaches, blocked nose, body-aches, and nausea as results of the cold.
- Gelsemium: Gelsemium is advisable for the known symptoms of common cold such as headache, fever, fatigue, drowsiness, shivers, etc.
- Eupatorium perf: This medicine is effective in case of recurring thirst, sore muscles and bones, and immense headache that get worse on any kind of movement.
- Arsenicum iod: If you are experiencing continuous sneezing with burning sensation and a nasal discharge, this is the medicine you should take.
- Ferrum Phos: This medicine is also given at the preliminary stage, when the onset is slow, with mild fever, which gets worse especially with the approach of night.
- Pulsatilla: When you have a nose with dense discharge and blocked ears, remember that these symptoms may worsen at night. This is the medicine best suited to your cold in such a situation.
- Influenzinum: It is a homeopathic remedy for flu. The medicine, which is diluted and potentized, strengthens the immune system to fight against flu viruses. It does not suppress the symptoms but makes your immune system strong to not allow foreign viruses affect your health. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.
I am 23 years old. I am felling nerves pain like I am felling I am not fit. I want to build my body muscle as well.
Actually my aunt just fell while sleeping on the floor. And she fell oh her back. So she has got a bump on the back of her head. She fell yesterday. But today she is feeling constant pain at the upper part of her head. And she is feeling her eyes heavy and weak. And the pain increases when she lies down.
Hello doctor I'm 33 years single. My late family doctor advice me to do circumcision in my early stage, but I failed to. I masturbate 8 times a week right my 10th Std and still continues. Now I feel my penal size is small due to this habit and wants to increase it. What should I do.
Swimmer's ear is a medical condition, which involves inflammation, irritation or infection of the ear. It may affect the outer ear and also the ear canal. Swimmer's ear is called Otitis externa in medical terms. The condition may be acute to chronic in nature.
Causes: Swimmer's ear is an infection that's usually caused by bacteria commonly found in water and soil. Infections caused by a fungus or a virus are less common. This condition is more common in teenagers and young adults. It may occur due to a middle ear infection or because of a respiratory infection such as cold.
Swimmer's ear can occur as a result of swimming in unclean or contaminated water. These waters contain pseudomonas and other harmful bacteria, which can lead to such ear infections. The infections are rarely caused by fungus.
Swimmer's ear may also result due to other reasons. They can be:
- Scratching the inside or outside of the ear.
- Having something stuck in the ear. When you clean ear wax with cotton swabs or small objects, damage may occur. Using headphone or ear plugs for a long period of time may also cause swimmer's ear.
- Allergic reaction to some object or anything placed in the ear may also cause Swimmer's ear. These may be hair products or jewelry.
- Some chronic skin conditions like eczema and psoriasis may also lead to this infection.
There are several factors, which may enhance the risk of getting swimmer's ear. They are as follows:
- Swimming in water, which has got elevated levels of bacteria. This includes lakes and ponds.
- People having narrow ear canals are at a more risk of swimmer's ear.
- Aggressive cleaning and scratching of the ear canal.
The symptoms which indicate swimmer's ear are:
- Itching of the ear canal. This becomes intense as the condition progresses.
- Redness on the inside parts of the ear, which get more extensive in later stages.
- Discomfort which worsens by pulling on the outer ear or pushing on the tragus of the front part of the ear.
- Drainage of a fluid which is clear and odorless. As the condition worsens, there is excessive drainage of fluid along with the discharge of pus.
- A fullness feeling in the ear and a partial blockage of the ear canal because of swelling and fluids.
- In advanced stages, fever and swelling of lymph nodes in the neck is indicated. Hearing impairment may occur.
Swimmer's ear is a health condition, which involves the ear. The ear gets inflamed because of a certain bacterial infection. Although it is not a very severe condition, in some cases it can do significant harm. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ent-specialist.