Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Gururaj M S
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Gururaj M SYour feedback matters!
I am a diabetic patient but my current fasting glucose level is 261 how should I maintain .I always walk in the morning and use sugarless tea. But never the level goes before 200.
I am a diabetic and takes insulin along with some medicine .whether I should take daily a pill of multivitamins? If yes then please name some multivitamins suitable for diabetic.
My mom has sugar which I recently got to know, along with the treatment what kind of food can help her to cure?
My mother is 62 years old and she is diabetic. Now I have noticed some swelling in their feet and some sudden cases of vertigo. Kindly give me the solution.
I am a diabetic patient since 15 years and kidney since 3 years. My health is decreasing. Can I take D-Protein? My sr. Creatinine is 1.8 and eGFR 60. What other supplement can be taken to increase health. My weight is reduced to 40 from 58.
Hi Doctor, I am 24 years old and having hyperthyroidism and I am in medication but my problem is heavy hairloss and my skin is dehydrating. What should I take in diet or any medicines.
Diabetes is a lifestyle disease, with the incidence mainly increased by changing lifestyles including food habits and sedentary way of life. How does it happen? The sugar that is consumed is metabolized by a hormone known as insulin. Diabetes can occur due to two reasons:
- Reduced amount of insulin production
- Increased amount of sugar levels beyond what the produced insulin can metabolize.
Risk factors: Diabetes can be genetic, but in most cases, it is acquired and the following are risk factors for the same.
- Ethnicity (Hispanics, Latino Americans, Afro-Americans, etc.)
- Dietary habits including excessive consumption of sugar(s), refined foods, processed foods
- Impaired glucose tolerance
- Developing resistance to insulin (thereby increased sugar levels)
- Decreased amount of dietary fiber
- Increased thirst
- Increased appetite
- Increased urination
- Increased fatigue
- Unintended weight loss
- Dryness and itching of skin
- Delayed healing of wounds
- Reduced sensation in the lower limbs
Management through Lifestyle changes:
Diabetes 1 which requires insulin is not preventable but type 2 diabetes is easily manageable through lifestyle changes. This can prolong the onset of getting diabetes and reduce the severity of the disease. It also helps reduce complications. This would require a combination of diet, lifestyle changes, and healthcare.
- Increase the amount of fresh fruits and vegetables. This helps reduce calories and also increase fiber consumption.
- When it comes to fats, increase consumption of unsaturated fatty acids and reduce saturated fatty acids.
- Sufficient hydration ensures the toxins are washed off and the tissues are well hydrated.
- Pack the diet with essential vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. Diabetes is considered a chronic inflammatory process, and including antioxidants in your diet ensures that the buildup of toxins is reduced and inflammation is controlled.
- Avoid eating large portions at any meal. Small, frequent meals ensure the body receives an even spread of calories.
- The size of the meal should reduce as the day goes along.
- A routine exercise regimen helps in weight management, improved insulin function, and reducing fat accumulation. Pick what works for you - jogging, cycling, running, swimming, brisk walking, etc.
- Quitting smoking has multiple benefits, and improved diabetes control is just one.
- Weight management: Weight needs to be constantly monitored for deviations and immediate course corrections to be done
- Stress management: Stress is a risk factor for diabetes and controlling stress helps improve diabetes control
- Vigilance and Monitoring: Sugar levels need to be constantly monitored. Higher sugar levels or missed doses should be immediately corrected.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!