Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Gururaj M.Your feedback matters!
Is it possible after a tooth extraction the germs or bacteria still remains in the mouth & can cause problems?
Dear sir, my name is Avinash. Age 23 year. My mouth is always smell. I am mouth frees daily but bad smell please answer me.
Earlier I used to eat pan masala due to which my teeth have become grey or somewhat black near the gums and have gone yellow! How to clean them and make them white again?
It was on 4th jan 2016 when I was cleaning my tongue with my tongue cleaner I mistakenly touched it with my uvula and it started bleeding a bit and from that day I had difficulty in swallowing food then one I night I also had some breathing issues and after that night I went to a doctor and prescribed some medicines and after having the medicines within 2 to 3 days I was feeling ok. But now is 21st march and I don't have any problem in swallowing food but still I fill that my uvula is not stable and I can just feel it is lingering in my mouth where I don't have any problem in swallowing food and any other things. What should I do now please suggest?
Hello, I have some cavity in my teeth. So I need help. I am really surfing from a bad pain of this cavity. So please help me how I can make my teeth, cavity free. I already tried many paste for this, buy they did not worked. Thanks.
I have a bump on my tongue for long time now but today when I google about it I was shocked to know it can be anything from normal bump to a oral tumor. Can you help?
Mild to severe tooth pain can turn out to be debilitating and damaging condition if it is persistent. Also, the pain can spread to the rest of the head and give you an uncomfortable ache and tingling sensation all day long. So what are the causes behind tooth pain? Here's our list!
- Tooth Decay: The presence of food debris that has not been cleaned out can stay on and cause cavities and persistent tooth pain. This condition can also make the teeth extra sensitive and pain then emanates as a natural response to signify that all is not well in the area. This can also lead to sharp pain when bite an apple or munch on nuts. One must see a dentist for this kind of pain so that scaling and plaque removal can take place.
- Injury: If there is persistent, throbbing pain after eating something that is too hot or too cold, then it might be more than mere tooth sensitivity. This condition could also point at chipped, broken or cracked teeth due to excessive teeth grinding or a fall or accident. It could also be caused due to sports injury. The dentist will usually take a dental X ray to find the cause of the pain and to unravel the extent of the damage as well.
- Inflammation: Constant pain may also point at inflammation of the pulp. This may be caused due to damaged roots. If this kind of inflammation comes with bleeding and fever, then you must see a dentist immediately. It can also mean that the pulp or root of the tooth is dying, in which case a root canal may be required.
- Sinus: A dull ache in the sinus area of the upper teeth usually point at sinusitis, which is a condition that emanates due to pain in the nerves of that area. This pain can also happen due to cold and cough as well as an allergic attack that affect the facial muscles due to excessive sneezing and watering of the eyes. Also, a flu and fever can lead to this kind of pain.
- Infection: Inflammation along with fever and bleeding can also point at infection. This can render the complete pulp tissue damaged. Also, the growth of abscess in such cases can cause acute tooth pain. The dentist will usually diagnose the issue with a tooth X ray before prescribing antibiotics and carrying out a root canal for severe cases.
Persistent toothache with other symptoms should always be checked by a dentist so as to rule out long term damage that can result in tooth loss.