Find numerous Psychiatrists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Gururaj. G.pYour feedback matters!
By sleeping our concentration power increase or it is just myth By sleeping mind cool down but studying 14 hrs is necessary what should be your consult.
Sir, I am adict of smoking and taking two packets of cigrettes daily at the age of 70 yrs. Now wants to leave this bad habit. Pl advise what medicine I take to leave this, Thanks
I am 30 years old . My self sumit from Ludhiana . So many times my head ache in forehead and in side area of head . And so many times my headache cause of a lot of thought. But I am trying do thing less . But I am not success in this activities. I am taking clonazepam 2 to 3 tablets in week . But I don't have got any relief from this dies. Some times my blood pressure is 90/138.
I am a student when I am continuous reading my body doing pain so I am very trouble and my study are poor.
My mother aged 41 years is suffering from a mental disorder as she get extremely worried about cleanliness of household she use to do a lot of cleaning and washing floor household things and even her hands feet etc just if she get touched to any untidy things. On asking she replies that she doesn't satisfied with normal cleanliness .please help me whether it is a mental disorder or not and if it is then what is the solution?
Personality refers to the enduring and habitual patterns of behaviour, cognition, emotion, motivation and ways of relating to others. In simpler terms, it's the persona we have for the world to see and interact with. If these patterns or ways of relating with others become nonadaptive or pathological, a personality disorder develops.
Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD) is such a disorder of personality that causes mood swings, self-esteem issues, impulsive behavior and recurrent self-harm behaviour. It is very difficult to lead a normal life with these varied psychological issues.
The symptoms begin to appear from early childhood but they take a serious form only when one reaches adulthood. Issues with behavior and emotion are difficult to treat, people suffering from this illness should be willing to spend a lot of time and be dedicated towards his/her recovery. Through treatments and therapies, they do make significant improvements over time.
The exact cause of borderline personality disorder is not known but various reasons have been hypothesised as possible aetiology. Neuro-chemical disturbance in the brain, genetic vulnerability, some kind of childhood trauma like abandonment, death, neglect and/ or sexual abuse are probable causes of the disease. Prolonged and chronic stress/ anxiety may also lead to triggering of BPD symptomatology in vulnerable individuals later in life.
- Prolonged dysthymia/ sadness
- Feeling lonely/ misfit
- Emotional dysregulation or Frequent mood swings
- Significant interpersonal issues
- Self-Injurious behaviour like making cuts in skin, burning, pricking etc
These symptoms are warning signs of borderline personality disorder and should be paid attention to:
- Abandonment issue - People suffering from BPD have serious abandonment issues. They have an intense fear that they would be left alone and often act out to restrict their love ones from leaving. Sometimes their strategy is to not get too close to protect themselves from being left alone, so they appear aloof.
- Disturbed self-image - People have self-esteem issues, they sometimes love or hate themselves or see themselves as evil. They have unclear goals, views, beliefs and often end up changing their friends, lovers, jobs, sexual identity frequently.
- Dysfunctional relationships - It is very difficult to maintain a normal relationship for people with personality disorder. They tend to have quick short-lived relationships and get put off very easily which leads to a lot of heartbreak.
Suicidal tendencies and frequent self-harm behaviour like cutting skin using blades/ sharp objects are common.
Drugs and alcohol abuse, eating disorders and sexual promiscuity are other forms of self-destructive behaviour commonly encountered in this population. Extreme aggression, delusions, transitional Psychotic states are other possible symptoms of BPD.
Love and support from family and friends are crucial for patients suffering from this disease. Prolonged counseling sessions, therapies and the effort to break away from the chronic gloomy thoughts will definitely lead one to a better life.
Ladki ya aunty ko dekh kar sex karne ka man krta hai or fir bathroom me hand use krta hun is lat ko chodne ka upaye.Please tell.
I smoke 2 to 4 times a day. By that can my health may be affected? And how to quit cigarettes? Or is one or two cigarettes are also going to be treble for me?
Hi Doctor My brother is a mental retired, he is having just angriness, he talk properly & do his other things properly but in the childish way so we used to give him respond 2 mg tablets past 8 yrs. Now he is having muscle rigidity. The tablet is prescribed by Nimhans doctor. Now we are giving him Parking tablets, it is controlling the muscle rigitdy but not anger & he is not sleeping well & losing his weight also. We are not satisfied with his condition so please prescribed any medicine.
I am new mom. Motherhood is a very exciting journey for every mom. I am enjoying my motherhood but the problem is that I am suffering in a severe depression after child birth please give me tips about this matter.
I am 25 yr old male. I am in 1 sided love. When I am with her, I feel like i'm wasting my time but when because with me I fell restless all the time. So in these days my mental condition very bad. Please help me what should I do?
Sir mai tabbco khana kaise chodu. Kayi bar try kiya par nahi ho raha. Sir help me and suggest me for any medicine which help me.
I feel depressed all time. Want to stay alone. and my mind never stops thinking. I want to get rid of my own thoughts. I need help. Please.
I have three brothers in which one of my brother is suffering from disability and at present I am studying but I always depressed that if I couldn't be a good man than what will happen?
There are few things I hear over and over again from students:
- How they are studying for so many in a day
- How they do not have even time for anything else in their life due to study pressure
- How they are sleep deprived
- How much they are stressed
- And finally, afterall the sacrifices and hard work, their exam performance is not what they expect.
Here are few tips to study smart, improve your grades and yet have a life!
We all know that 2 hours of focused study will be much more productive than 4 hours of distracted study. And, the good news is that concentration is a mental skill that you can develop and improve. There are two ways to improve your concentration:
- First, work on raising your brain's natural ability to concentrate or in other words, learn to increase your attention span.
- Second, adjust the environment around you to make concentrating easier.
Improving your concentration takes a little time and effort, but it is worth it. In my personal experience with students, I have seen noticeable improvement in relatively short time.
A. Ideas for daily concentration boosting habits include
- Mindfulness meditation: Many studies confirm that 20 minutes of meditation or more per day improves concentration and attention span. Mindfulness meditation, where one focuses on one's breathing, is one of the simplest way of meditation. Start with ten minutes in the morning and ten minutes before bed. To begin with you may try a guided meditation. One can easily find audios for guided meditation online.
- Proper sleep: I am sorry to say this. Pulling all nighters will not help with your grade. Unless you are getting sufficient restful sleep, you are not going to be as mentally focused as you could be to study as well as answer questions in exams.
- Food for your Brain: The more you use certain skills, the more they are reinforced in the brain. So it makes sense that playing concentration games and games that require you to focus will improve your concentration ability. You need to be consistent in this. Play for about 10 to 20 minutes each day. Have fun, and get the benefits but remember not to spend more than 20 minutes a day. Your goal is to improve your concentration and not just keep scoring higher in the game! Try Lumosity and use only free version this will help you restrict your daily play time to 20 minutes and have maximum benefit.
- Eat healthier: Your brain needs the proper nutrients to allow you to focus. Eat more vegetables and fruits and avoid consumption of junk food as much as possible. Instead, you could keep some nuts such as walnuts, almond or peanuts as in between munches. Lot of research has now proven that sugar is very harmful for our health. Reduce sugar and refined white flour in your diet as much as you could.
- Exercise: It is helpful in both reducing stress and increasing energy and focus. At least 20 minutes a day would go a long way. Going for a short jog of 20 minutes will make next 4 to 5 hours of study very efficient.
B. Optimize your mental state & environment
In addition to building the habits described above into your daily routine; also adjust your environment and your current mental state to improve your concentration when studying.
- Create a study space: Your brain loves routine. Create a place where all you do is study. An obvious choice is a secluded desk of some kind, but the trick is to make sure you only study in that spot. Studying in bed is a bad habit, for example, because your body is trained to want to sleep once you get into bed.
- Remove distractions: Turn off the ringer on your phone and take other steps to prevent interruptions. Don't study with the television on or with radio playing. Some studies have shown that soft instrumental music (no vocals) can help improve your concentration.
- Reduce background noises: If you have to study or work in an environment where it is too loud (classroom or open space) or too quiet (such as at home or at a library) you can get easily distracted by outside influences. With the right amount of background noise you can actually block out distractions and enhance your creative thinking.
- Use timer: Set a time limit when you need to study new material. For example, let's say you want to read one chapter in a book (and remember it). Decide in advance that you can have 45 minutes to read the chapter, and 15 minutes to review it. Set a timer to keep yourself honest, then pace yourself to keep within the allotted time.
- Stay motivated: If you see studying as burden, it's hard to concentrate. One way to stay motivated is to set up a reward system. Tell yourself you have to earn that hour of watching your favorite show later in the evening by first completing 2-3 hours of intense studying. That way, even if the material is dry, you have the reward to look forward to.
- Take breaks: Take a break every two hours. Your mental energy will begin to decline after a long period of study. So every two hours or so, take a ten-minutes break. Walk around, eat a light snack, or just stare at the wall to relax your mind.
Concentrating is the first step to learning anything new. It only makes sense that if you improve your concentration, your memory will improve also.
How an expert can help?
If you want to get individualized expert opinion about how you are studying currently and what ways you can improve; you can always consult the expert. Once he/she knows what your current study methods are, they will be able to give you specific tips to improve upon. Most likely once you incorporate those tips you will be spending less time studying and your grades will improve. That's what is studying smarter and not harder means!! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychologist.