Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Gururaj. G.PYour feedback matters!
I am an 18 year old boy I troubled n trouble my parents lot today my father took so much tension n behaved differently he was taking high breaths n was not able to listen to any of us n sat in a corner alone like kid I regret n wanna knw its causes n cure I wanna help him n sorry too to my parents.
Dear sir/ madam I am 46 years old guy and have ocd issues (washing hands) I have worked for 3 1/2 years all put together since I passed my diploma in mechanical engineering. I am unmarried and desperate to marry too. My issue is I have very poor memory and concentration I have ocd as mentioned before I have inferiority complex I lack confidence I would like to gain confidence which affects me a lot. Due to above issues I am unable to perform on the job I request you to suggest me accordingly.
Are you suffering from extreme depression? Does your depression episode continues for a long time and makes you feel too tired to get out of bed? Chronic depression is capable of turning your life upside down, causing turmoil with all your activities, thereby, spoiling your regular life totally. At times, a person can get so drained by depression that getting out of bed seems impossible because of fatigue. It is quite difficult to deal with such situations.
Here are some important tips on how to overcome your chronic depression and get out of bed.
- Be depressed upright: It is likely to be driven by the voices in your head during your depression. You should respond by replying to the voices that you are depressed, but you are going to be depressed outside. This is important, as activity and depression do not go well together. You should try to stop your thinking totally and put yourself in an automatic mode. Preparing to deal with thoughts from before is beneficial. When your body is in motion, it is easier to deal with the thoughts.
- Try to make it to the shower: When you do not feel like leaving your bed at all, you should try making it to the shower somehow. Taking a shower makes you a bit relaxed and diverted and you can expect relief from your depressive episode. This is an effective way to get yourself up and running from bed, instead of isolating yourself under the blanket. Taking a shower might bring you some hope and encourage you to step out of bed and do something productive. Even if you decided to be in bed all day strictly, a refreshing shower is likely to change your mind.
- Bribe yourself: You can try bribing yourself as a reason for getting out of bed. You can remind yourself how good you will feel after having a cup of hot coffee, or how nice it would feel to listen to a certain song while going to work.
It is important to give yourself a purpose or reason to get out of bed. Many people believe that they might feel like leaving the bed in spite of being heavily depressed, if they had a worthy purpose. It is very important for you to get involved in something. You might hate a job, or hate working, but it will give you a reason to divert from your depressive thoughts.
She has whole body pain special in the morning and throughout day. Her uric acid level is 5.9 she has whole body shifting pain. Her haemoglobin is 9.5 please tell me her treatment. Thanks.
Maximum how many days can a girls periods be delayed? If she has stress or any kind of depression or somewhat.
I am losing memory power day by day and forgetting things, Name, spelling, my regular work. It happened me to since one year but I ignored but now days this habit is increasing please help me.
I cannot do anything that need physical & mental stress in the month of jan & feb. I cannot even stand in sunlight for more time. I feel like thousands of needle are pinching my body. Pls give response. Tell reason & cure.
Hello Doctor, Age 28. Weight 50 Suddenly morning I got pain in middle of the chest, something radiation type, and after some 5 mins pain went to my back in left side. Sometimes feels shortness of breath, sometimes feels worry. Whats the reason behind this? Shall I do any tests? Is it normal pain Doctor? Please suggest me. And which food is good for healthy chest. Is there any oxygen problem or anxiety problem? Thanks.
I am 48 years old. I am a little bit fat. I will do so much work. I am house wife real estate agent. I have so much stress and I have diabetes a few days onwards my left knee is hurting and sometimes my heart is palpitating. Is it because of stress. Is it normal. Please help me.
I am suffering from stammering due to this I got fear everytime to excess my views publically. What should be the remedies.
I am planning to have a baby. But wanted to be sure tht der wud b no complication. I hv a habit f smoking nd drinking as well.
Hi, This is regarding someone I know, Male 29 years old and currently pursuing his masters. I wanted to ask whether he needs any kind of treatment for mood disorder, depression, etc. There are mood swings and sometimes he is very confident to discuss about the opportunities he has got in the business plans he is making but this lasts for a short span of time and later he would be regretting about the life decisions he has made till now and not being able to do anything of his life till now and wasting the parent’s money on some worthless college where he is not being able perform. He is unable to take any decision on his own and would a consultation a thousand times to take a step forward. He has not been able to concentrate on his assignments and now fear failing in assignments and examinations, for which his excuse is that he is just thinking about it and when it comes to transformation of his thoughts, I think he is not been able to perform to his maximum threshold. He always has a fear that he is not doing worthy enough and has not done anything in the past also. He would keep to himself in the college and not talk much to anyone during normal course but when excited he would share ideas to many people and talk to people he hasn’t during years of time, but will also be very sensitive to get aggravated on small matters also and would then spoil the relations sometimes. I hope this leads anywhere to you, if you need any-more information regarding this, let me know. Thanks in advance.
Hello sir/madam I am suffering from mental illness. Coordination of brain with eyes; face; thoughts; are improper. There is involuntary movement of eyes lips face are found. I get suffocation hard while studying. please suggest me medicine for all these symptoms. Only alopathic medicine.
My psycho brother take 10 BGR-34 tablets at once. What will be its side effect. Please answer me urgently. BGR-34 tablets prescribed for sugar. Answer me urgently. Please.
Dementia is a general classification of a brain disease that causes a long haul and frequently steady abatement in the capacity to think and recall that is sufficiently incredible to influence a man's everyday functioning. Other normal manifestations incorporate passionate issues, issues with dialect, and a lessening in motivation. An individual's awareness is not influenced. The most common example of dementia is the Alzheimer's disease.
Physiotherapy for Dementia:
A patient with dementia can benefit from physiotherapy regardless of the possibility that the patient can't perceive their own family. Physiotherapy, notwithstanding, can be of good advantage to the individual who has dementia and also their family and parental figures at different stages. The principle explanation behind this is that recovery administrations can help the dementia patient to be as utilitarian as would be prudent for whatever length of time that is conceivable. Here are 5 ways physiotherapy benefits an Alzheimer's patient:
- Physiotherapy can keep up the Alzheimer's patient's freedom and mobility as much as one could expect reasonably. A physiotherapist can outline a home activity program and work intimately with relatives to administer to the Alzheimer's patient.
- Physiotherapists, as independent experts, embrace much detailed, separately custom-made appraisals of the disorders, action confinements and restrictions imposed upon individuals with dementia.
- The caretakers of individuals with dementia regularly show weakness when contrasted with their same aged companions. Physiotherapy helps with diminishing the weight of consideration by instructing caregivers to provide encouragement and upliftment to individuals with dementia.
- Patients with dementia are always at a risk of falling down and hurting themselves. Poor balance accounts for the danger of falls. This can be worked upon and improved by physiotherapy driven exercises. Exercise can have a huge and positive effect on behavioral and mental indications of dementia, enhancing psychological capacity and mindset, which can decrease the doses of strong medicines. Special exercise routines are assigned to the patients which help improve their body balance while walking.
- Physiotherapy has crucial influence in advancing and keeping up portability of individuals with dementia. It assumes a basic part in the end of life consideration by overseeing situations, seating and complicated muscle contracture. Individuals with dementia regularly experience issues in communicating pain. Pain influences cognizance, inspiration and reaction to any intervention. Physiotherapists are specialists in recognizing and treating pain in dementia patients and give training to care home staff and caregivers of the patients.
Physiotherapy is very important for dementia patients. Regular physiotherapy sessions are beneficial for patients for improvement in condition.
Related Tip: "7 Early Symptoms of Dementia"