Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Gururaj. G.PYour feedback matters!
I am a female 31 years old. I experience occasional tinnitus with ear fullness which lasts for a few seconds and once after cold once I had tinnitus for a week about 6 months back which was not troublesome after taking medicines it went away. My hearing is proper but I get anxious and stressed very soon. And I have low BP 90/60 most of the times. Should I be concerned.
Hi there, I am suffering from some kind of psychological problem. I can't keep my mind calm, alert, and back of the mind I am always fearful that somebody will criticize me as I was critized by one of my friend over and over again while making mistakes and that time my self esteem was also very low and I can say I was socially very afraid worried Abt people's opinion all the time and still I have some symptoms I just can't be myself socially. I don't know what to do I am stuck with this problem. please help. Thanks.
I am an occasional smoker and want to quit the same and want to increase the stamina of body. Please suggest me the lifestyle and daily routine to detoxify my whole body and feel always energetic.
Living with anxiety on a daily basis can be really stressful. And while you are dealing with anxiety, it is very important not to sway away with the symptoms and commit yourself to a treatment. For instant release of anxiety, you really don't need to go for a vacation or to the spa or a weekend retreat. It is easy to beat anxiety within 5-15 minutes, just being where you are.
So don't think and instantly reduce your anxiety to give yourself a wonderful day. Here are 5 ways to reduce your anxiety immediately.
- Meditation: Meditation for a few minutes daily helps relieve anxiety. As per a research, doing meditation daily changes the neural pathways of the brain, thereby making it more flexible towards stress. Meditation is the simplest way to beat anxiety. All you have to do is just sit straight with feet on the floor and closed eyes. Next just focus your energy on reciting a mantra.
- Deep Breathing: A 5-minute breathing regime is a sure shot way to relieve anxiety. Sit straight with closed eyes and place your hands on your abdomen. First start with slow inhalation of air through the nose. Feel the breath through your abdomen and head and then reverse the process by exhaling it out through the mouth. Psychologists state that deep breathing helps to bring down stress and anxiety by lowering the blood pressure.
- Laugh Aloud: A good laugh is a great way to shed off the stress and anxiety. When you laugh, chemical endorphins are released which elevate your mood. A good laugh also lowers the cortisol levels which are the stress hormone.
- Talk to someone: Distracting yourself by talking to friends and family helps. The mind starts wandering when in anxiety and alone and the effective technique to talk to some trusted person helps. The support you get from family and friends just boosts you back and wards you off the symptoms. In case of a panic attack, you can request the company of a friend and relative to watch over you.
- Trick your anxious thoughts: Anxiety does not happen suddenly but is due to the mind's tendency to have negative thoughts spiraling day in and day out and the worse is that you have no control over the thoughts. Learn to tame these thoughts and the triggers which cause these to keep anxiety at bay.
There are strategies which you can try to help you keep anxious thoughts away.
1. Question yourself when you experience anxiety. A long checklist helps you make your thoughts more realistic.
2. Give affirmations to yourself that everything is okay, you will get over the situation. Usually, affirmations are made to comfort one.
3. Know the physical symptoms as many times physical sensations like in case of a panic attack tend to trigger anxiety and stress. When you get used to the symptoms, the mind does not send signals for anxiety to the brain. Create exercise to habituate yourself to a panic attack. There is no cure for anxiety but the fastest way to get your anxiety under control is to simply manage it.
My Daughter is 23 years old, suffering from mood swing and very lazy also. She is now having very clean conscious. I had noticed that she even used cloth to operate the TV Remote. We had showed to Doctors who prescribe the Sleepy Medicine. Please suggest the solution. i am worried.
I miss unable to concentrate in my studies due to headache and my exams are soon, so what should I do? Please help me?
My son is 19 years old having epilepsy since 4 years with medicines levepsy 500 * 3 and velprin chrono 500 * 3 daily still he is having seizures.what can be done
I sometimes feel acute pain in my head at the sides and at back. My eyesight is not weak. I am not able to study properly. What can be the reason?
Hi i want to ask about my sister, she is very upset by her married life and every time talk about rights ,which is non feasible, and told if she do not get she will harm her husband and family and even me,and told to do sucide telling by names at suside note
I want to start with treatment of depression and anxiety but I have my exams in 2 weeks. Is it ok to start it now as I am worried as this sudden change might create some problem but I want to start it soon bcz I have great trouble in sleeping I couldnt sleep in last 2 days even after having a tiring day and body. I sleep for 3 4 or max 5 hours which is affecting my whole life cycle as I fall asleep by morning 5 or 6 due to which I am notable to attend my classes nd study schedules as well. I tried everything but this is not going even I do not sleep for 36 hours snd even if you want to sleep my thoughts does not let me sleep.
Addison’s disease is a disorder caused due to significant damage in the adrenal cortex (located alongside the adrenal gland’s perimeter that helps mediate stress reaction), which leads to a deficiency in the secretion of the hormones ‘aldosterone’ (that regulates the sodium and potassium level of the body), ‘androgen’ and ‘cortisol’ (which control the body’s reaction in situations of intense pressure) by the adrenal glands.
There are generally two stages of Addison’s disease. The causes vary according to the stages:
In the primary stage of the disorder, the body’s immune system attacks the adrenal cortex and significantly damages it.
Other significant causes are as follows:
- This might occur as a result of the development of tumors and cancerous cells in the body
- Resulting from certain infections
- Long-term usage of glucocorticoids (inflammation reducing steroids) might result in the primary adrenal insufficiency
- This might also be caused due to tuberculosis or severe bleeding in the adrenal glands.
If you’re suffering from any one of the following complications, your chances of contracting Addison’s disease increase significantly:
- Cancer or if you have undergone any surgery to remove parts of the adrenal gland
- Tuberculosis or diabetes.
- Frequent usage of coagulants
The treatment of Addison’s disease varies according to the cause of the disorder.
The most common treatments for the disorder include:
- A prescribed dosage of glucocorticoids might be recommended
- Replacement of the hormones that the adrenal glands are unable to produce: Cortisone acetate or prednisone might be used in order to replace the ‘cortisol’ hormone.
- Meditation or other relaxing techniques to ease excessive stress levels or manage any trauma that you have been through.