Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Management of Emergency Conditions
Manual Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Gururaj. G.PYour feedback matters!
I am 41 years old house wife I am alsowase in depression so solve this problems. I am also working women.
I am a 25 year old male and I'm suffering from my past life. I had a worst life during my childhood days as my parents used to fight all time and beat me up. I had no care from my parents. I was raised by my relatives and neighbours. Through my life I felt like I have no support. I'm a grown-up now still I'm facing certain mental problems like I can't think straight, I tend to loose my self soon, I'm easily downtrodden, I feel and worry much if something happens, I can't recover soon. The main problem is I can't think straight I loose my mind easily and sometimes I feel like I'm a walking dead. I don't express my feelings to others as they don't try to understand what I'm going through. I'm mentally scared. I can't concentrate. I can't study, I can't focus and I wasn't able to do what I desire to do like moving for a new job. I sometimes worry about my financial status as I got an average job, which is not what I wanted and dat makes me insecure about my life. I'm totally scared and confused. I need counselling from some experts who can straight up my mind and give me suggestions or help me with some advice.
Sometimes I suffer from short term memory loss so what should I do. I just want to improve my memory power.
Please tell me the difference between a psychologist and a psychiatrist and the whole procedure please.Please tell.
I am not able to concentrate on my goals. My mind is going too confused. Lacking motivation. Always distracted. Specially with girlfriend.
I always think negative. Lots of thoughts go through my mind. I try to ignore but it continues. What to do?
I am 21 years old. Recently from 1 month, when I smoke a cigarette there is etching and little small type swelling on face. And after 2-3 hours its vanishes. What it implies doctor?
HI, I am 26 years old and I have a relationship for last 2 years. He is very dominating nature and weird too but still I love him so much. We both are totally different rather there is no common point between us. He always said that we do no have any similarities and also said that he is a wrong guy for me I deserves someone better who treats me well still I tried to compromise with things. We also do have a good physical terms too. But 2 months ago I got to know that he had a relation with another girl for last 8 months and that girl committed suicide 2months ago then I got to know about this fact. He got lost in trauma because she did that & me, his family got to know about his did. Still I gave him a chance to prove him as my life partner. But still he is very rude and he taken me as granted. I am very depressed, I am suffering for lack of sleep, bad dreams in sleep, upset nature but as I can't directly blame him or can't say bad words to him he is taking the advantage. Sometimes he pretends that he love him and sometimes like he is forcefully with me. He always said that I have eaten up his space and he cannot live without freedom. I really don't know how can I make myself happy. I really want to be with him but not forcefully.
Kindly help me to come out from the addiction of viewing pron sites and mostly imagining sexual feelings in my mind even I saw any females on the way or I meet or I talk. I think I am very much attracted to the beauty of girls which makes me to scan and discover something from them instead to mingle free with a broad mind and clear heart. I lost my mother at my childhood and I cannot share this problem with my wife who loves me more. So I am in need for a good guidance to move with the ladies and have good friendly relationship for those who I meet and I am strictly want to get rid of from the sexual feelings and this is not quiting from my mind by occupying 90% percent of my thinkings. Hence I request you whether there is any tablets which reduces the sexual feelings and thoughts.
Living with anxiety on a daily basis can be really stressful. And while you are dealing with anxiety, it is very important not to sway away with the symptoms and commit yourself to a treatment. For instant release of anxiety, you really don't need to go for a vacation or to the spa or a weekend retreat. It is easy to beat anxiety within 5-15 minutes, just being where you are.
So don't think and instantly reduce your anxiety to give yourself a wonderful day. Here are 5 ways to reduce your anxiety immediately.
- Meditation: Meditation for a few minutes daily helps relieve anxiety. As per a research, doing meditation daily changes the neural pathways of the brain, thereby making it more flexible towards stress. Meditation is the simplest way to beat anxiety. All you have to do is just sit straight with feet on the floor and closed eyes. Next just focus your energy on reciting a mantra.
- Deep Breathing: A 5-minute breathing regime is a sure shot way to relieve anxiety. Sit straight with closed eyes and place your hands on your abdomen. First start with slow inhalation of air through the nose. Feel the breath through your abdomen and head and then reverse the process by exhaling it out through the mouth. Psychologists state that deep breathing helps to bring down stress and anxiety by lowering the blood pressure.
- Laugh Aloud: A good laugh is a great way to shed off the stress and anxiety. When you laugh, chemical endorphins are released which elevate your mood. A good laugh also lowers the cortisol levels which are the stress hormone.
- Talk to someone: Distracting yourself by talking to friends and family helps. The mind starts wandering when in anxiety and alone and the effective technique to talk to some trusted person helps. The support you get from family and friends just boosts you back and wards you off the symptoms. In case of a panic attack, you can request the company of a friend and relative to watch over you.
- Trick your anxious thoughts: Anxiety does not happen suddenly but is due to the mind's tendency to have negative thoughts spiraling day in and day out and the worse is that you have no control over the thoughts. Learn to tame these thoughts and the triggers which cause these to keep anxiety at bay.
There are strategies which you can try to help you keep anxious thoughts away.
1. Question yourself when you experience anxiety. A long checklist helps you make your thoughts more realistic.
2. Give affirmations to yourself that everything is okay, you will get over the situation. Usually, affirmations are made to comfort one.
3. Know the physical symptoms as many times physical sensations like in case of a panic attack tend to trigger anxiety and stress. When you get used to the symptoms, the mind does not send signals for anxiety to the brain. Create exercise to habituate yourself to a panic attack. There is no cure for anxiety but the fastest way to get your anxiety under control is to simply manage it. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychologist and ask a free question.
Electric pads, hot water bottles, and gel packs or moist such as damp clay packs are the common hot agents used for hot therapy.
I am not very active going lazzy every day what to do and my nerves system is getting slow and also I forgot tings its very difficult to remember any thing.
I have more tension of about my work so how to reduce my tension and how to fill comfortable and energetic.
Getting through an ugly divorce is quite a difficult thing, no matter what the reason might be. Your world can turn upside down after a divorce and you have to make a fresh new start in life.
Here are some tips you should follow to get through an ugly divorce:
- Accept the fact that it is okay to have different feelings: All feelings like sadness, anger (learn Ways to Control Your ANGER), exhaustion, frustration and confusion are quite intense after a divorce. You should accept these reactions and they will surely decrease with time.
- You need to give yourself a break: Accept the fact that you are weak and time is required to be back to normal functioning. Your work performance can be affected as well. Taking a break is a must after a divorce.
- Do not try to go through the situation alone: You should share your feelings with your friends and family, and you will surely get help. Joining support groups can also be fruitful. Isolation makes your condition worse; so you must go out, interact and share stuff.
- You should take proper emotional and physical care of your body: Eat timely, work out and relax. Try to maintain your normal daily routine and do not make major life decisions during this point of life. Abstain from too much alcohol and cigarettes as they are not a solution.
- Avoid ugly situations: Avoid talking to your former spouse as discussions may lead to ugly situations and fights, which would enhance your misery.
- Take a hobby: Try to do things you love to do from your heart. Join classes, take music lessons, paint pictures and slowly try to enjoy life. Making new friends is also a good idea.
- Think positive: Positive thinking is a must and if you engross yourself in positive, constructive activities, you are likely to feel good. You need to be flexible and in case you have children, do your best to provide them an ideal atmosphere for adjusting to the situation (learn more for Positive Parenting)
- Time can heal everything: Keep one thing in mind that life will eventually return to normal. Time heals everything and one day you will not be affected anymore.
- Talk to your children and help them cope: You need to provide proper care to your kids for coping with the situation. Talk to your children and make them understand that they are not responsible for the divorce by any means. Try to ease their concerns, be compassionate, but maintain a direct approach. Maintain your child's routine exactly how it used to be, so that they feel less amount of sudden change. Do not involve your children in the conflict in any way.
A divorce is extremely difficult to cope with, as one has never faced or felt such a situation before. With proper support and measures, you can get over a divorce much more easily.