Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Shin Splints
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Interferential Therapy Procedure
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Postural Training Techniques
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Sports And Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy
Sports Fracture Rehabilitation
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Sports Physical Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Guruprasad SarangamathYour feedback matters!
I am a 40 years male, I have a problem from birth which is bilateral deformity of both the hips joint for coxa Vera. What I have to do, is it curable.
I have a problem in spinal cord mild stenosis in ll3 l4 and l4 l5 can it be rectified by key hole surgery what is meant by key hole surgery.
Sir, I recently I got married.My wife got back pain and stomach pain.Please kindly advice what happend her.
I am 43yrs female. Having severe shoulder pain in both d shoulders. Since past few mths movements have also bcome restricted. I also am taking thyroid n cholesterol tablets. Hysterectomy done 6yrs back. Also have general body pain. Please help.
Are you suffering from skeletal and muscular disorders and are looking for an effective remedy? You can opt for Thaila Dhara or Pizhichil treatment. This is an Ayurvedic therapy which is effective for curing skeletal and muscular disorders. The term Pizhichil refers to squeezing. The procedure involves the squeezing of warm, medicated oil from a cloth. It is followed by a massage of the entire body except for the head. This procedure is performed by three or more Ayurvedic therapists and it requires more than three liters of medicated oil.
Indications for Pizhichil or Thaila Dhara
Other than muscular and skeletal disorders, this Ayurvedic therapy is also used for getting relief from several other health conditions. These include rheumatic diseases, vata dosha disorders, paralysis, arthritis, sexual weakness, insomnia, high blood pressure, depression, nervous weakness, neurological disorders, muscular aches and dislocated or stiff joints.
The procedure of Thaila Dhara involves several steps. First, the Ayurvedic therapist evaluates your prakruti, vikruti and dosha imbalance before prescribing the type of medicated oil to be used. Pizhichil is performed in seven standard body positions and no area is left out. First a light massage is given and then lukewarm medicated oil is squeezed on the patient’s body using a cloth. From time to time, the cloth is dipped in a vessel which contains the medicated oil. It takes one hour for the procedure to get completed. Based on your requirements, the frequency of the therapy is prescribed by your Ayurvedic physician.
Benefits of Thaila Dhara
There are several benefits of Thaila Dhara. They are as follows:
- It is an ideal therapy for treating vata imbalance.
- It helps in relieving body pains, inflammations and stiffness.
- The body gets detoxified and rejuvenated.
- The mind, body and soul gets soothed.
- It is great for stress and anxiety relief.
- Blood circulation is improved drastically.
- Overall physical and mental health is improved.
- Muscular tone is enhanced.
- The entire nervous system is re-tuned and the nerves are strengthened.
- Fractured bones are healed and overall body immunity gets enhanced.
The different Ayurvedic medicated oils used in the procedure of Thaila Dhara include Sahacharadi thailam, Narayana thailam, Dhanwantharam thailam, Bala thailam and Prbhanjanavimardana thailam among others. In many cases, the medicated oils are combined together. The selection of oils should be done by your Ayurvedic physician. The course of Thaila Dhara treatment may be of 7 days, 14 days or more. This depends on your condition and requirements. You should strictly consult an Ayurvedic practitioner before thinking of undergoing Thaila Dhara treatment.
Risk factors you can change with lifestyle changes.
- Not getting regular exercise
- Doing a job or other activity that requires long periods of sitting, heavy lifting, bending or twisting, repetitive motions, or constant vibration, such as using a jackhammer or driving certain types of heavy equipment
- Smoking People who smoke are more likely than people who don't smoke to have low back pain.
- Being overweight. Excess body weight, especially around the waist, may put strain on your back although this has not been proved. But being overweight often also means being in poor physical condition, with weaker muscles and less flexibility. These can lead to low back pain.
- Having poor posture. Slumping or slouching on its own may not cause low back pain. But after the back has been strained or injured, bad posture can make pain worse. 'Good posture' generally means your ears, shoulders, and hips are in a straight line. If this posture causes pain, you may have another condition such as a problem with a disc or bones in your back.
- Being under stress. Stress and other emotional factors are believed to play a major role in low back pain, particularly chronic low back pain. Many people unconsciously tighten their back muscles when they are under stress.