Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. GurumurthyYour feedback matters!
Dear doctors my sister is 17 years old. She is suffering from cataract in both eye. She will be operated soon. With due respect, I want to ask , what is the complication after surgery in future through out the life. Is she become like healthy eye person or she faced complication. Kindly and the query.
A electric bulb 10 w broken & small piece of glass entered to my left eye. Its really paining irritating pls advice Thx & Regards Vikas Mishra.
Eyes ka catract ka opration ek saal pahle karvaya tha eyes me bahut jalan va khujli ho rahi hai inside outside both.
My age is 23. I have an eye sight of -2.5 and -2 (left and right), shall I try laser treatment? If it is ok, then tell me what is cost for treatment, benefits and side effects. Thank you.
How many percent does traumatic cataract effect on vision and can be recover vision after surgery. Which surgeries are carried out for it.
Hi, I am 15 years old and I read in class 10. And at this time I need of memory nd remember power. But I am losing my remember power. I can't remember the long type questions (marks-2-7. I only remember the very short type questions. But at the time of long questions I read them for 10-15 times nd after 7 days I need to again read it nd after some days again. So how can I increase my remember power. I am in need of it. Nd give me some remember tips.
I have red eyes last night and I don't know what I do to relax my eyes. I am so worried about my eyes and I don't know what I do. Please give me a little bit for my eyes. Please help me.
Hi, I been suffering from severe lower back pain. MRI and X rays have been normal. Doctors keep telling about back strengthening exercise for 20 mins every day. I have severe pain. Is there any permanent cure or not? I recently started gym. Are there any exercises I should avoid. Appreciate any help to cute lower back pain for good.
My eyes are too reddish since last two weeks. I am feeling very shame when talking to others. What should I do for quick relief of my eyes.
I am having -3.5 in my both eyes from sometime and seems my number have fluctuated a bit too. (Haven't got them tested from some time). Please suggest shall I go for Lasik or Contacts. (Economically as well as long lasting). I can't zero in on either reading about their side effects on Internet. Please Suggest.
I'm 20 year old man and some time suffer form pain in right side eye due to prolong study or short time computer work.
I got a medium size swelling around eyes, precisely on eye lids, I feel pain wen I touch it. Is thr any first aid until I visit a doctor. I am worried because its sunday and unable to get appointment.
If you thought smoking was causing damage to only your lungs, thing again. Your eyesight, one of your most valuable possessions, is at high risk of damage because of your bad habit.
The damage done to your eyes by cigarettes happens from two sources; the toxic smoke that hangs in the air which surrounds you as you puff on the cigarettes and 4000 odd toxic substances that enter your bloodstream once you smoke. In extreme cases, smoking also causes loss in vision.
Here is a list of eye disorders and diseases, which can be caused due to smoking:
- Macular degeneration: The risk of developing Age-related Macular Degeneration is there for people above the age of fifty. In case of smokers, the chance of developing AMD is three times more than in nonsmokers. It has been proven that smokers develop the chance of AMD ten years prior to non smokers.
- Cataract: This process involves the clouding of the lens inside the eye. Cataract develops with old age, usually. The risk of developing early cataract is common among smokers, who are twice at risk of cataract than non smokers. The effect of the cataract in the case of smokers is more severe.
- Glaucoma: Glaucoma is the eye disorder where the death of nerve fiber layer behind our eyes takes place, and that results in loss of vision. The increase in pressure within the eyes leads to glaucoma. Smoking enhances the pressure in your eyes, and so smokers are at a potential risk of acquiring this disease.
- Diabetic eye diseases: A number of eye diseases are accompanied with diabetes. This can result in blindness when left ignored or not paid attention to in severe cases. Diabetic patients who are smokers are three times more at a risk of eye diseases associated with diabetes.
- Optic neuropathy: This eye disease causes sudden loss of vision to the eyes without any pain. It happens due to the disrupted flow of blood in the arteries of the eyes. Smokers are 16 times more at a risk of developing optic neuropathy at an earlier age.
- Thyroid associated eye diseases: Patients having thyroid issues or Grave's disease have disorders in their vision. Grave's disease patients who smoke tobacco are likely to develop severe eye diseases associated with the thyroid.
- Dry eye: Smoking causes irritation to the eyes and affects the tear film of the eye. Smokers and passive smokers are likely to develop dry eye disorders. Smoking causes a lot of eye diseases and disorders, and smokers are at a higher risk of acquiring eye diseases than non smokers.