Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Nephrologists in India. You will find Nephrologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Nephrologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. GupthaYour feedback matters!
Dear Sir, I have kidney stone in right kidney 5mm, 4mm & 3mm & left kidney 3mm & 1mm & my question is what I do now? & can I pass this stones without any treatment Also I heard about leaser treatment so, what is price for this types of stones removal treatment & if you have any ayurveda or homeopath treatment suggest me. Send details for treatment which hospitals & prices. Regards, Nilesh.
My mother is 58 and she is diabetic from last 5 years. She is taking Tab Amaryl 1mG, voglitor (0.2mg 500). Recently after Dexa scan we found that her bones are getting weak and there is a high risk of fracture, she is on medicine like tab Dolo, Tab Uprise D3, Tab Calcimax, Tab Osteofos, Tab pregaba. She is also taking Cranpac-D for immunity. She is getting repeated UTI from last 4 months and each time same bacteria responsible for this is Escherichia coli. Doctor advised Septran DS after going through the Urine culture report. But the problem is the infection returns just in a week after discontinuation of Septran DS. What could be the root cause of the problem, please suggest a permanent solution to this problem.
Cystitis is a condition which is characterized by bladder inflammation that is usually a result of bladder infection. This disorder is very common among women. The condition tends to get better in a few days without any treatment. In case of chronic cystitis, long term treatment may be required.
Common symptoms include excessive urination (may be dark in color) and a burning pain during urination. One might feel generally unwell, tired and may experience cramps in the lower abdomen. In case of children, there may be a rise in the body temperature, coupled with weakness and vomiting.
- Engaging in sex (irrespective of whether one is using protection or not) can result in this condition.
- Inserting objects such as tampons into the urethra to release the bladder can most definitely result in this condition.
- Using contraceptive measures such as diaphragm.
- It occurs when bacteria which is present in the bowel or on the skin comes in contact with the bladder via the urethra. Women are at an increased risk as their urethra is shorter and the anus is close to the urethra.
Homeopathy and Cystitis
Homeopathy is a system of treatment that is natural and holistic. It does not have any side effect like the other conventional treatments. The various homeopathic remedies for cystitis are –
- Cantharis: Cantharis is a homeopathic remedy that is very effective in treating infections. In case of bladder inflammation and pain while urinating, this remedy is preferred. For cystitis with an inflamed bladder as the root cause, this remedy is very effective.
- Apis Mellifica: In case of chronic bladder infection, Apis Mellifica is administered. It cures the inflammation and also gets rid of the swelling. This also helps in relieving any burning symptom that you may experience while passing urine.
- Staphysgaria: Staphysgaria is a homeopathic remedy which is used to treat symptoms of cystitis that include a sharp pain in the urethra accompanied by involuntary discharge of urine. There may also be a constant urge to urinate. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath and ask a free question.
My brother have stone its 3 mm and when we do ultra sound its found that her creatine level is 2.1 of kidney can it is due to stone effect ya he has different kidney issue. If it is issue then can be it recovered ya any treatment is available for that please suggest me.
I have a constipation problem and no other ailments or urination issue. But yes I always have some stress due to family issues and related to work.Please help me.
The structure responsible for production, transportation, storage and excretion of urine form the urinary tract. Kidney, ureters, bladder and urethra are structures involved in urine formation and excretion process. Kidney filters nearly 3 ounces of blood, removes waste materials every minute. When these get infected with entry of any micro organism or any other pathological condition, then the person gets urinary tract infection (UTI).
Causes and symptoms
Urinary tract infections are more common in women than men because of the small size of the urethra (4cms) and also because of the squatting position of voiding. Entry of organisms like bacteria, viruses and fungi are the major cause of UTI. The person may experience burning sensation and pain when voiding, fever is indicated when the infection has reached the kidneys or prostate glands in male. Other symptoms include pain in back, ribs, nausea and vomiting.
Though antibiotics are used to treat the present infection there are increased chance of getting the recurrent infection. So it is best advised to follow the preventive measures to stay away safely from getting infected
- Drink plenty of water nearly 2- 3litres of water per day and urinate when you feel the need , don’t control or resist voiding when you feel the urge as this may give room for the organisms to grow well
- Urinate after sexual intercourse. change the birth control measures if UTI is a recurrent problem
- Wash front to back, wipe off thoroughly after emptying the bladder so as to prevent the entry of organisms into the urethra.
- Avoid wearing tight fitting clothes. Always prefer cotton inner garments and loose fitting clothes so that air entry keeps the area moist and free from bacteria.
- Cranberry juice works best and it is the natural treatment for bladder infections. Cranberries have a special substance that can avoid the entry of E.coli into the bladder, but it does not have much effect on recurrent UTI infections. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.