Find numerous Nephrologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Nephrologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Nephrologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Gupta K.vYour feedback matters!
I suspect that I have glomerulonephritis as I having Rbc 25-30hpf and Protein 15 mg/dl in urine, But My Ultrasound and CT Scan is Normal, Did U/S and CT can diagnose glomerulonephritis or not? Or I need other test to diagnose glomerulonephritis? Thanks.
My left leg was paining most when I am using Indian toilet or using bike or when I am sitting down, when I am standing, my legs was paining lots, but after sometime my pain was disappear but little pain all the day, please suggest what happens to me or regular I am drinking chukandar juice, my urine was little red, what is the fault.
Sir /madam kya mein glacex capsule jo ki malti vitamin hai wo ragular le sakta hun. Mere urine mein protine trace hua hai. Sgpt test level 64 aya hai mujhe bahit weekness horahai hai but glacex capsule se faida hota hai lakin isse constipation ho raha hai.
Both kidneys have developed kidney stone requires a surgery and needs to be operated immediately. What are the risk factors. She has both diabetes and blood pressure.
I am 23 year old. I have a problem of kidney stone its paining tooo much can you tell me what should I do.
Sir I am suffering from increase in urinal acid my feet is paining alot after ek or two hours of continuous sitting please you should tell me what precautions I should do.
Sir mera scrotum small horha h dono side se or peshab yellow ho rha h bed problem bhi ho rahi h koi dawa btaye.
An drinking water with lemon prevent kidney stones? Also, I have been told not to drink city water what is the best water to drink?
I am suffering from stomach pain. It is started from last two or three years. When I suffer from it I feel so much pain I can't bear it this pain is maintain in kidney side. After it I feel retch and burn in toilet. So sir you should me suggest what should we done?
1. Right side hemicolectomy can cause heartattack? 2.how much b.p.required to do dialysis? 3.colon surgery is life threatening for stage 3c patients.
I have kidney stone of about 6 mm in left side. Which type of surgery would be best for removal? Is there any alternative methods to get an early relief.
I have stones in my kidneys at least 10 stones measuring large one 10 mm & some others are 8, 3, 5, 7, 2, mm and please give me any solution to recover this.
Hi I am 22 years old male. my weight is 46kg. I have stone in my left kidney since 5 years. can I take any supplement for body growth?
I am a 61 year old male. In the morning I had an Ultrasound done for the KUB Region on the prescription of a Urologist. The report says" A calculus measuring 4mm noted in the lower pole calyx. No evidence of Calyceal dilation noted. Does this mean kidney stone? Is it harmful and does it require surgery? What is the cure and if any and what precautions do I need to take hence forth? Can I lead a normal life despite this? Regards.
Many people are embarrassed to talk about their urine colour or urine problem with anybody, including their doctor. But, what people always forget is that strong smelling urine and the change in the colour of the urine is a serious issue. Your urine colour directly tells you about your health, especially your inner body. So, without being embarrassed you should consult a doctor, if and when, you find foul odour in your urine. Following are some of the reasons for the causes of strong smelling urine.
- You are dehydrated: Urine is not supposed to leave odour. It should be odourless, but if you find strong smell in your urine, you should consult a doctor immediately. The most common reason of foul odour in your urine is dehydration. If the amount of water needed in your body is not enough then, there will be less water in your body as a result the waste products will not be diluted in water being more concentrated making the urine darker and more odour. But once you start drinking water, it should go normal. Normally, this kind of situations occur in early morning when your water intake is less or not at all. But drinking lot of water will solve this issue immediately.
- More alcohol or caffeine intake: If you are habituated to drink a lot of coffee then it may happen that you find strong smell of coffee in your urine. Although it is not very problematic yet it is healthy if you reduce the intake of coffee in your daily life in order to have a healthy digestive system. Not just coffee but even alcohol could be the reason of irregular or need to urinate a lot more than usual.
- Bacterial Infection: There could be bacterial infection or kidney infection which could lead to strong smell of urine. In order to ensure you should go to a doctor and get important tests done. Then the doctor can suggest treatment according to your results and if all the results are normal then you could be suggested to maintain a balanced diet on regular basis.
- Imbalanced Diet: The problem can sometimes come from the use of certain vitamins from imbalances in your diet. There are substances like nitrates and phosphates in the urine which can give dark colour and odour. You should always have a proper diet and follow it in order to have a healthy digestive system. Eating lot of garlic and onion can also bring odour in your urine.
- Diabetes: If you are diabetic, it may be possible that you find dark urine and odour in your urine. It indicates that your sugar level is not normal and gone much high than normal. If you are not diabetic then it may be a sign of diabetes so you should get diagnosed immediately with your doctor.
There are multiple causes of strong smelling urine but most of them could be cured easily if diagnosed immediately. But in order to avoid this issue it is better to be careful with your diet and drink a lot of water. At least three litres of water a day is an absolute necessity!
I am 46 year male with sedentary life style. I have a stone of 9.6 mm in the ureter of right kidney. About 9 cms from the kidney. It had pained for 2 days after which the diagnosis was done. Should I go in for lithotripsy or other surgical procedure or take medicines for stone removal. Pls suggest the medicines also.
Hi doctor I did a ultrasound kub the report states that there is cortical cyst of 10*8 mm in the left kidney is it dangerous to health is there any specific treatment which need to be taken please suggest us I did my urine test as well there is no protein and blood in urine serum creatine is 1.6 please suggest me to get rid of these.
Glomerulonephritis is a disease that is caused due to inflammation of the small filters that are present within the kidneys or glomeruli. Glomeruli eliminate the excess waste, electrolytes and fluids from the blood, discharged through urine. A glomerular disease can be either acute or chronic. If the condition arises without a combination of any other disease, it is termed as primary glomerulonephritis. Secondary glomerulonephritis is characterized by diabetes or lupus (an auto-immune disorder) being at the root of the disease. Prolonged or severe inflammation can take a toll on the kidneys.
Nephrotic syndrome can be primary, being a disease specific to the kidneys, or it can be secondary, being a renal manifestation of a systemic general illness. In all cases, injury to glomeruli is an essential feature. Kidney diseases that affect tubules and interstitium, such as interstitial nephritis, will not cause nephrotic syndrome.
Primary causes of nephrotic syndrome include the following, in approximate order of frequency:
Secondary causes include the following, again in order of approximate frequency:
Viral infections (e.g., hepatitis B, hepatitis C, human immunodeficiency virus [HIV] )
Amyloidosis and paraproteinemias
Allo-antibodies from enzyme replacement therapy
Nephrotic-range proteinuria may occur in other kidney diseases, such as IgA nephropathy. In that common glomerular disease, one-third of patients may have nephrotic-range proteinuria.
Nephrotic syndrome may occur in persons with sickle cell disease and evolve to renal failure. From a therapeutic perspective, nephrotic syndrome may be classified as steroid sensitive, steroid resistant, steroid dependent, or frequently relapsing.
Whether one is suffering from acute or chronic nephrotic glomerular , with symptoms moderate or severe, the treatment lies in treating high blood pressure and other underlying conditions of the disease.
Water pills help control sweating, thus increasing the fluid flushed from the kidneys.
Statins reduce cholesterol level.
Blood thinners such as anticoagulants lower the risk of blood clots.
Corticosteroids regulate the immune system and ease the inflammation that results from kidney disorders.
Incorporating certain lifestyle changes such as opting for lean proteins, cutting on the intake of fat in the diet and consuming lesser amounts of salt can treat inflammation and swelling.
For kidney failure, dialysis can come to the aid in eliminating excess fluids and regulating hypertension.