Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. GunashekharYour feedback matters!
Day before yesterday my mom just slipped on the floor, from then she's feeling lot of pain on her back bone. When I took her to an orthopedic doctor he asked to take an x-ray and said that one bone were slightly disturbed but will become normal in 2-3 weeks. After that he suggested some medicines after using which my mom facing EVEN MORE PAIN THAN BEFORE. Can you help me on this? Also suggest her a good diet to loose some weight. She's 5.4 feet height with 69.3 kgs of weight.
I am a woman of about 51 years, having diabetes treatment regularly. Once a year, when the season changes from winter to summer in the months of March-April, I get pain in the back followed by acute pain in the lower back side, abdomen, corner of thighs and neck. With time, the pain increases and becomes so acute that I couldn't even move out of my bed without any help. For relief, I take painkillers and hot fomentation regularly but the pain eases a little bit and then again increases. I also get constipation with backache, say I go to pass stools after two days often. It usually happened to me during my young age also but that time, pain remains for two- three days only and after taking lot of bed rest and fomentation, I am relieved. But not the condition is becoming worse day by day. After my periods are stopped in the beginning of 2014, the pain is critical. I regularly take shelcal and calcijoint (once a week) along with diabetes tablet. Kindly guide me what precautions to take and which tablets to continue so that the worse situation doesn't come in the next changing season. Thanks in advance!
I am having severe pain in left knee & mild pain in right knee. Doctor asked me to do X.ray (AP/LAT) both knees. X-ray report says Non uniform joint space reduction noted in both knee joint. Mild degenerative osteophytes noted involving femoral, tibial condyle and patella. Bones are in normal alignment. Soft tissues, fat planes normal. Impression: Early osteo - Arthritis both knee joints. My ortho doctor ask me to take flavojoint 250 mg (morning & night) & knee exercises for 2 months. Is this will help to come out of the problem? Please advise.
How exercise can help me to recover in cervical pain usually I am getting more pain while while chin down.
Knee pain is referred to as a condition when the knee joints (which are responsible for walking, running, sitting and standing along with bearing the maximum body weight for most forms of physical activities) are significantly inflamed, giving rise to a severe pain in particular areas or the entire knee joint. There might also be severe stiffness around the knee joint which might make it very difficult to function.
Knee pain might occur due to obesity, old age, different forms of arthritis, severe injury in the knee or the associated ligament or bones, knee cap dislocation, overuse of the knee joint and infections of the knee joint.
Homeopathic Treatment For Knee Pain:
Homeopathy is one of the most popular holistic systems of medicine. The selection of remedy is based upon the theory of individualization and symptoms similarity by using holistic approach. This is the only way through which a state of complete health can be regained by removing all the sign and symptoms from which the patient is suffering. The aim of homoeopathy is not only to remove the symptom of knee pain but to cure its underlying cause. As far as therapeutic medication is concerned, several well-proved medicines are available for knee pain that can be selected on the basis of cause, location, sensation, modalities and extension of the knee pain. For individualized remedy selection and treatment, the patient should consult a qualified homeopathic doctor in person. The effective homeopathic remedies for knee pain are as follows :
Bryonia Alba – This homeopathic preparation is effective in curing knee pain with the symptoms of severe pain in the knee joints during walking. Pain stops when you stop walking or moving and you may also have an abnormal growth in the knee joints. If the knee pain is caused due to osteoarthritis, Bryonia Alba can prove to be a useful remedy as well.
RhusTox – If the knee pain comes with the symptoms of severe pain in damp weather, intense pain after initial movement which tends to gets better in continuous motion, a prescribed dosage of RhusTox might help in the elimination of the pain.
Colchium – The medicine is useful in treating knee pain which worsens due to movement and subsequently improves in warm weather or after getting appropriate rest.
Silicea – This preparation is useful in curing knee pain which retains the sensation of being tightly bound during all times.
Lachesis – If the knee pain is caused due to rheumatoid arthritis, Lachesis can be an effective treatment. Lachesis can also be prescribed if the pain is accompanied with an abnormal growth around the affected area.
These are just a few of the commonly used Homeopathic remedies and are mentioned only to create awareness about the effectiveness of Homeopathic medicines for Knee Pain. It is not advisable to resort to self-medication for any disease.
I am 21 years old female .met with an accident on 27th of this month and I feel a puncture on my cheek. I'm able to chew food without any pain. But there is slight numbness on my cheek and swelling has increased since 2 days. The skin under eyes has also darkened. Is there chances of zygomatic fracture?
I am 19 yrs old and have started getting back pain. I am a engineering student. What should I do? I do not get much time out of my studies.
Sir, I am 23 years old (male. My father passed away 1 years back because of cancer at anus, rectum.radiation treatment taken but it not completely solved and cancer formed all over the body then dead. My question. Is cancer comes to me also from my older generations?(because my grandma had tongue cancer and dead 30 years back and my grandpa also some what cancer symptoms while dead. I am also getting some few symptoms like pain and discomfort at anus area. What should I do? I am really scared all about this. With in a short span of time 1 1/2 years my father dead. Still am in shock mode. Please guide me.
I am 26 years old, and after having baby I have pain in hand, legs etc means to say in whole body. So please guide me.
I have spur in right heel, age 48/female.weight 55 kg/ height 4ft 9 inch. Slight pain while walking, xray shows spur. I am planning oversea trip, advise treatment.
I am 21 year old and I have a problem in back means I can't easily move from one direction to another.What can i do?
Hi, My grandmother is suffering from knee pain within a year or two, and also she is 80 years old, she has also got pain, can you tell me natural. Process to get. Of her suffering, Please. Help to get rid of pain so thay she can pain free on rest of her lives, thanking you, Vikas Prasad India.
LOW BACK PAIN IN PREGNANCY
- Both during and after pregnancy women are subjected to altered mechanical stresses which affect the low back and frequently result in low back problems.
- As the new infant develops in the mother's womb, two simple changes take place which influence her posture.First, there is the gradually increasing bulk and weight of the developing infant. In order to maintain balance during standing and walking, the mother must lean further backward to counterbalance her altered weight distribution. The result of this postural adjustment is an increase in lordosis.
- In the final weeks of pregnancy the lordosis may become excessive, and this may lead to overstretching of the tissues surrounding the joints of the low back.
- Second, to prepare the body for the impending delivery of the baby, the joints of the pelvis and lower back are made more flexible and elastic .
- This greater elasticity means that the joints involved become more lax and are easily overstretched when subjected to mechanical strains.
- After the child is born the mother is often too busy to care for herself properly, and sometimes the postural fault which has developed during pregnancy remains present for the rest of her life. If your back problems commenced during or after pregnancy, it is likely that your lordosis has become excessive and your problems are caused mainly by postural stresses. If this is the case, the extension exercises recommended for the majority of people with low back pain are unsuitable for you at the present time, and you should concentrate mainly on correction of the standing posture.
- Problems caused by postural stresses are always resolved by postural correction. For one week you must watch your posture very closely. At all times you should maintain the correct posture, not only during standing but also while walking. You must stand tall and walk tall and not allow yourself to slouch. If after one week of postural correction the pain has disappeared or reduced considerably,faulty posture is to be blamed for your back problems.
- If your back problems commenced during or after pregnancy and you feel worse when standing and walking but much better when sitting, extension exercises again are not suitable for you.