Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Gowri MYour feedback matters!
My periods are late by 1 month. From past 2 months I have heavy stress and travelling a lot. Is it normal.
When it comes to pregnancy, caring for your body begins even before conception. Preconception health care focuses on what you need to do before getting pregnant and increases your chances of having a healthy baby. For some women, it can take a merely a few months to prepare their body for pregnancy while for others, it can take longer.
Here are a few steps to help you get ready for a healthy pregnancy.
- Visit the doctor: Your first visit to a doctor should be scheduled long before you conceive a child. Your doctor will typically want to know what medication you are on and if any vaccinations are scheduled. He or she will also discuss your medical history and any medical conditions that may affect the baby’s development. You may be asked to undergo a routine blood and urine test to check your hormone levels and rule out any infections. A visit to the dentist is also a good idea.
- Start nutritional supplements: Expectant mothers are almost always advised to start folic acid supplements early in the pregnancy. This helps the development of the baby in its first few weeks of life and helps prevent birth deformities such as spina bifida. Other supplements that may be recommended include zinc and calcium. However, it is always a good idea to take these supplements only after consulting a doctor.
- Make positive lifestyle changes: If you drink alcohol or smoke, now would be a good time to stop. Alcohol and nicotine can affect your baby’s health and hence it is important to cleanse your body of these toxins before conception. Alcohol and caffeine have both been linked to the risk of miscarriages and lower the chances of conceiving a baby. Consider moving if you live around a toxic atmosphere and shifting jobs if your work stresses you out too much.
- Exercise: Regular exercise helps keep you fit and boosts your stamina and immunity. Regular exercise also helps avoid pregnancy complications such as preeclampsia and diabetes. Additionally, it helps keep weight gain under control and can help shorten labour time. However, do not start anything extremely strenuous but limit yourself to simple exercises like walking and swimming.
- Maintain a healthy weight: Being overweight can increase your risk of pregnancy complications and hence if you are planning on conceiving a child, now is the time to reach a healthy BMI. To do this, you must follow a healthy diet and exercise regularly. Being underweight can also trigger problems and hence you should talk to your doctor about finding a way to reach the optimum weight. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
Seasonal changes are usually a time when we need to take extra precautions to ensure that we do not end up catching any bacteria that may lead to infections or influenza as well as allergic reactions. Common cold and flu is a common occurrence during such times. Seasonal changes are usually known to cause flu and cold, which can also come with chills, sneezing, cough and fever.
Here are a few homeopathic medicines and remedies that can be used during this season.
- Aconite: This medicine is especially helpful when there is fever after sudden exposure to dipping temperatures. Once the cold starts to affect the patient, this medicine must be taken so that congestion is prevented. It can also be used when initial symptoms like tingling and burning sensations in the nose start.
- Arsenicum: This medicine can be used during harsh winters and can be prescribed for stopping the discharge from the nostrils. It can also help in treating congestion and severe cold. If sneezing fits do not reduce, one can have this medicine. It also relieves burning sensation in the throatand nose, as well as fever.
- Allium Cepa: When the discharge from the nose is cold and heavy as well as thin, it can be cured with the help of Allium Cepa. Persistent discharge is one of the symptoms for which this medicine is usually prescribed. Also, this medicine helps patients who experience cough and discharge once they step out of a warm room.
- Euphrasia: When the top part of the respiratory mucous membrane is affected, this medicine can be used. It is also helpful when there is soreness in the nostrils and lips. Also, yellow and acrid discharge from the nostrils can be cured with this medicine. Dryness and pain is also one of the symptoms for which this medicine may be prescribed.
- Gelsemium: When the cold first starts and begins to manifest as headaches, this medicine can be used so that it breaks up the cold effectively. Also, dullness and weakness due to oncoming fever can be checked with this medicine. Further, a sore throat can be treated with this medicine. Excessively warm weather that leads to a cold can be treated with Gelsamium too.
- Nux Vomica: If you have caught a cold from damp and cold weather conditions, the doctor can prescribe Nux Vomica. This effectively treats cold symptoms likedry nose, minimal discharge and a tickling sensation in the nose.
- Mercurius: This medicine can be prescribed to treat frontal sinuses that may be suffering due to the flu. Violent sneezing and excessive sweating can be cured with this medicine. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopathic doctor.
1. Quit smoking
2. Keep cholesterol levels under control
3. Avoid saturated and trans fat
4. Eat plenty of vegetables and fruits
5. Limit sodium intake
6. Exercise regularly
7. Limit alcohol intake
8. Maintain a healthy weight
9. Keep diabetes and hypertension under control
10. Avoid self medications