Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Gowri
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. GowriYour feedback matters!
Hi, My wife age is 28 and she is pregnant with 2 months I consult a doctor she is prescribed a tablet with the name of Optogest 300 sr. I want to know that this prescribed tablet is safe for pregnancy or not.
The after effects of any surgery can be harsh on the body. Post knee replacement surgery, one will need to remain in a straight and relaxed position for a long time due to the bed rest prescribed by the orthopaedic specialist. Yet, it is important to carry out some kind of activity after the surgery so as to make the knee strong, firm and ready to be normal again.
Here are a few physiotherapy exercises that can help post knee replacement patients:
- Pumps and Circles: Ankle pumps and circles should be done in sets of ten per direction. This can help in ensuring that the blood circulation and nerve function normalise within no time after the surgery. This action is especially helpful because it affects the heels, calves and leg muscles before reaching the knee. Ensure that you rotate each foot clockwise and the counter clockwise.
- Thigh Squeeze: The thigh squeeze is an excellent want to ensure that you are working the muscles of the legs without putting undue pressure on the knees. This is especially helpful when you have been advised bed rest. This motion involves squeezing and releasing the thighs so that there is some amount of firmness that is being built along with strength and stamina. You can hold the squeeze for five to ten seconds before you relax and try again.
- Heel Slide: The heel slide is a good option for those who are going through bed rest. This exercise ensures that you work your knee in a suitable way as the bending motion gets the knee to get used to being functional again. Due to the posture of the patient, this does not put pressure on the knee. Slowly bring your heel up, stop and then slide it down. Repeat at least ten times for each knee before increasing it to twenty times.
- Kicks: While you are lying down, you can render small kicks into the air. Repeat at least ten times for each leg before increasing it gradually to twenty kicks per leg. This should be done when you are lying flat on your back. This exercise can help in flexing and strengthening your quadriceps. Hold the kick for at least five to ten seconds before you relax and repeat with the other leg.
- Sitting Flex: You can also sit in a chair and flex your knee, holding the leg out in front of you for at least five to ten seconds, before slowly bringing it down and lifting again. This will help in strengthening the thigh and knee to a great extent.
You will need to exercise regularly in order to recover well after a knee replacement procedure.
Hi Doctor if any thing I feel like pain or swelling or anything with my breasts then which test I should do first for the right confirmation and for future treatment? The cheapest way of confirmation please tell me.
I have endometrial cyst size 3.5 in left ovary. For me egg is releasing from right ovary. Wanted to know whether this cyst will be a problem for me in getting pregnant? Is there any way to cure endometrial naturally? I have got a reply like before pregnancy treatment this endometrial cyst needs to be removed with laparoscopy. I want to know what is the need for laparoscopy? We have eggs releasing from one ovary, then in what way this endometrial cyst is going to be a problem?
I am on my periods but I am bleeding dark brown what does it mean? Last period was on 20th july. Had intercourse (protected) took anti pregnancy medicine too.
Bad side effects of flaxseeds:
Flax seed and flax seed oil are excellent sources of alpha-linolenic acid, which the body converts to essential omega-3 fatty acids. Flax seed contains lignans, a phytoestrogen that protects against certain cancers, and also provides protein, potassium and fiber. You can sprinkle flax seed on cereal, yogurt and salad, and add it to recipes for baked goods. Additionally, you can mix whole or bruised flax seed with liquid and drink it. Some bad side effects are possible with flax seed, but they are primarily associated with consuming large amounts.
1. Laxative effects
Flax seed may have laxative properties, as noted by the u. S. National institutes of health. This could lead to abdominal discomfort, an increased number of bowel movements and diarrhea. The nih recommends that people with diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, diverticulitis or inflammatory bowel disease, including crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis, should not consume flax seed.
2. Digestive tract obstruction
Flax seed may cause obstruction of the esophagus, intestines or bowel if taken in large doses or without enough liquid, warns the nih. Anyone with narrowing of the esophagus, intestine or bowel, or who already has an obstruction in these areas, should not consume flax seed. Additionally, scleroderma patients should consult with a doctor before using flax seed, according to the university of michigan health system. Some scleroderma patients have developed severe constipation and bowel obstruction after beginning fiber supplementation.
Although allergic reactions to flax seed are very uncommon, according to the umhs, some severe reactions have been reported. Symptoms have included abdominal pain, nausea and vomiting. Life-threatening anaphylaxis also has occurred. Anaphylaxis involves a sudden drop in blood pressure and difficulty breathing.
4. Overdose effects
Effects of a flax seed overdose have been researched in animal studies, according to the nih. Signs may include shortness of breath, rapid breathing, weakness and trouble walking. A flax seed overdose also may cause seizures or paralysis.
5. Hormonal effects
Flax seed may have estrogen-like effects, and women taking flax seed daily may experience changes in menstruation, according to the nih. The nih advises that women with hormone-related health conditions be cautious about using flax seed. These conditions include endometriosis, polycystic ovary syndrome, uterine fibroids, and breast, ovarian or uterine cancer. Pregnant women also should not consume supplemental flax seed, as it could stimulate menstruation or cause other hormonal effects that might be harmful to the developing baby.