Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Gowri
Submit a review for Dr. GowriYour feedback matters!
She is very good and understanding. I consulted her 3years back for my 1st delivery. She never stopped me for eating anything. Very down to earth dr, she understand your concern and suggest you with best solution.
Meri shaadi hone wali hai. Mai kis tarah se sex karu ki meri wife pregnent na ho aur mai bina tension apni first night bhi acche se spend kar saku. please btatiye.
I am 6 months pregnant I used hair colour only on front hair. BUt now by YouTube I knew that it's harmful please suggest me.
Regular preventive check ups are a must for being healthy and if you wait too long between check ups, it may become too late to detect a problem. Cervical cancer screening is especially important for women via a pap smear test, as it's the best way to detect cancer.
A Pap test is done to screen any changes in the cells of the cervix, including cervical cancer or conditions that may develop into cancer. Doctors recommend that Pap smear testing should begin at the age of 21 for women, and should be done every 3-5 years for women between the ages of 21 to 65 years.
For women between ages 30 - 65 years, the test can be done once in five years, if it is combined with testing for HPV. A doctor may recommend frequent Pap smear tests if a person is diagnosed with cervical cancer, HIV infection or a weak immune system caused due to organ transplant or chemotherapy.
When can you discontinue Pap smear Tests?
If you are sexually active, doctors may ask you to continue your Pap smear tests even after the age of 65. Women can discontinue Pap smear tests after getting a total hysterectomy. However, some women may still have to undergo the test if they have had the surgery for cervical or uterine cancers or if you are a high risk patient with HIV or have a weakened immune system. In these cases, women will have to continue getting Pap smear tests. Even if you stop getting Pap smear tests, it's advisable to keep getting regular pelvic tests.
What symptoms to watch out for between Pap smear tests?
- Pain is not an early warning sign of the disease, and not all people experience pain while suffering from cancer of the cervix. The symptoms to watch out for are abnormal bleeding in the cervix, which is one of the most common symptoms of cancer in cervix. If you get bleeding between your regular menstrual periods and after sexual intercourse that it is another sign that you should get a Pap smear done to check for cancer in the cervix.
- Abnormal vaginal discharge is another symptom of cancer of the cervix. You must get these symptoms checked from your doctor via a Pap smear test.
- It is advisable to discuss with your doctor and decide how frequently you need to decide what's best for you based on different risk factors.
I am 19 years girl. I do not get my periods on time ,its sometimes too earlier and sometimes too later. Because of this I get a lot of pain and cramps and I feel too weak. I am on my periods for at least 8-9 days. What should I do to reduce the pain?
I am very worried. Mera ovulation day 25th ko tha. hum ne 24th and 26th ko intercourse kiya tha. 2-3 days se mujhe bahut weakness lg rahi thi. Legs mei khichav aa rhe hai and vomiting wali feeling v aa ri hai. But aj in sab ke sath bahut halka abdominal pain v hua periods jaise. Period due date 8th ko hai. I am very worried ki ye kya ho raha hai. We are planning for a baby. And aj pain hone ke bad se I am very worried. Please help me.
Maine unwanted kit for abortion khayi thi 1 month after pregnancy uske baad muge bleeding huyi with clotting ye bleeding 9-10 din tak huyi. Lekin jab dobara periods huye tab bhi clotting huyi aur ye bhi 9-10 din tak huyi. Normal period 3-4 din tak hote hain. Muge abi periods ho rahe hain aur clotting bhi aaj 9 din ho gaye hain. please btaiye panic hone ki baat to nahi hai.
“Walnuts may promote health by changing gut bacteria”
- Walnuts in the diet change the makeup of bacteria in the gut, which suggest a new way walnut may contribute to better health. Walnuts have been called a ‘superfood’ because they are rich in omega-3 fatty acid, alpha-linoleic acid and fiber and they contain one of the highest concentrations of antioxidants. Now an additional superfood benefit of walnuts may be their beneficial changes to gut microbiota. Walnuts in the diet increases the diversity of bacteria in a gut. Walnuts increases several bacteria like Lactobacillus, typically associated with probiotics suggesting walnuts may act as a prebiotic. Prebiotics are dietary substances that selectively promote the numbers and activity of beneficial bacteria.
- The researchers conclude that the reshaping of the gut microbe community by adding walnuts to the diet suggests a new physiological mechanism to improve health. Eating walnuts has been associated with reduced cardio vascular disease risk and improve brain health.
I am 23 years old, unmarried ,last week I had safe sex by using condom by my partner and after few hours I stated my periods ,which are missed during last two months, I am totally tensed so much, whether there is a chances of pregnancy? At first day of periods I took ginette 35, what are the consequences please suggest me as early as possible. Thanks.
Multiple Sclerosis or MS is an ailment that is mainly caused due to the degeneration of nerves in the body. The central nervous system is the main area affected by multiple sclerosis and it has been diagnosed that it occurs more in women than men. The main areas that are affected include optic nerves, brain, and spinal cord. Multiple sclerosis in other words also means scar tissues in multiple areas. There are 4 types of multiple sclerosis which include clinically isolated syndrome, relapse remitting, primary progressive, and secondary progressive.
Causes of Multiple Sclerosis
- Multiple sclerosis is regarded as an autoimmune disorder and its exact cause is not known by the doctors. The disease causes demyelination of the brain cells and spinal cord.
- People in the age group of 15-60 are the ones affected by this disease. According to scientists, the four main factors that cause this disease are virus, genetic, environmental and immunological.
- It is a long-lasting disease that causes disturbances in the body functions.
- The condition is examined by the doctors by checking the patient’s medical history, conducting neurological exams, and imaging scans.
- The spinal fluid analysis is also a procedure that can rule out the possibility of multiple sclerosis.
Symptoms Caused by Multiple Sclerosis
- Some of the symptoms that are caused due to this disease include impaired coordination, pain, vision loss, and fatigue.
- The nerves in our body are coated with myelin sheath that protects the nerves.
- The myelin sheath also aids in the conduction of impulses all through the body.
- Inflammation is caused due to multiple sclerosis which eventually results in thinning and destroying of the sheath.
- The nerve without a coating is left with a scratch and this results in the nerve not functioning properly.
- Severe chronic symptoms are faced by patients so at times pain occurs in the eyes and back. In some patients the symptoms are mild thus the disease is not noticed in the early stages.
- The main symptoms include problems with thinking, memory, muscle weakness, numbness, and tingling. Many people even find trouble in walking due to multiple sclerosis.
Effects of Multiple Sclerosis
- The main effects of multiple sclerosis include problems like frequent urination or difficulty in emptying the bladder completely.
- It can also cause bowel problems, sexual dysfunction, vertigo, dizziness, fatigue, tremor, muscle spasms, depression, emotional changes, and inflammation of the optic nerve.
- The lesser known symptoms include swallowing problems, speech disorders, hearing loss, itching, breathing problems, and headache.
- It is an unpredictable disease and people are affected by this disease in different ways. In the early stages, it occurs as a subtle sensation for many people.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!