Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Govindaiah H TYour feedback matters!
I want to undergo a full body permanent fairness treatment. But not chemical peel. Can you please tell me which fairness treatment will give the best full body fairness treatment in affordable price in chennai. It will be helpful if you tell me how much it will cost. My complexion is dark.
I am having hairfall since 1 month and had consult to a doctor. He told me to do a thyroid test. Is it necessary? And why?
I have dandruff n itchy scalp due to which my my face has lots of acne n scars n my face itches too.
After using a public toilet I am suffering from itching all the time. I use miconazole ip 2% cream and also take cetrizine tablets. But the itching is not stop. What can I do? Please help me. I am suffering.
Doctor I'm having a lot of stretch marks in my thighs lately. Should I be worried. What should I do to prevent and cure it.
How to remove black spots which looks in the forehead of the face. The black spots resembles in 2areas of my forehead above the eyes .
My skin is so oily and every time pimple is rise up in my cheeks and a lot of black marks please help me.
Acne is a very common skin problem that occurs to a lot of individuals. Acne during puberty is a normal occurrence, however, some people even suffer from adult acne. Acne can be cured but usually leave scars which can be difficult to treat. However, there is no reason to be worried; there are numerous treatments available for acne scars. Here is a list of some of the treatments-
- Derma rolling or micro needling: In this procedure the skin is pierced with microneedles (using a derma roller) which cause a micro-injury to the skin, thereby inducing the skin to produce more collagen thereby healing the acne scars. However, this is a very delicate procedure. Although numerous derma rollers are available in the market, it is best to take help of a professional for this procedure. Not only does this procedure help in reducing ace scars but also prevents wrinkle formation and sagging. However, it is a very sensitive process and needs to be performed with care. Here are some benefits of derma rolling
- Chemical face peels for acne scars: This treatment uses a concentrated form of chemicals which when applied to the skin can remove scarred skin cells thereby allowing healthy cells to grow in their place. Different types of peels used are
- Phenol peel: This is one of the strongest peels available and is best to use under the supervision of a dermatologist. This peel has been said to remove deep scars on the face because the chemicals seep in deeper into the skin underneath the dermis layer.
- Glycolic peel: This is derived from sugarcane and it does not penetrate beyond the epidermal layers of the skin. This peel encourages the skin pores to open and releases the dead cells, thereby improving the skin appearance.
- Trichloroacetic acid: This is milder than the phenol peel but stronger that the glycolic peel.
- Nano fractional radio frequency: This technique uses micro needling as well as a radio frequency to treat the textural irregularities of the skin, wrinkles and other scars on the skin. This is a new technology and has been seen to work pretty well in treating acne scars.
- Laser and filler treatments: Another technology uses fractionated laser to even out the skin by helping the skin in producing more collagen. This requires one to three sessions depending on the intensity of the scars. The ablative laser vaporises the scars, allowing the better skin to form and take its place. The non-ablative laser helps in increasing collagen production.
Acne or pimples is most commonly seen in teenagers and young adults, just around the time the body is undergoing hormonal adjustments. Thus, acne is not simply just a skin problem, but often an indication of internal bodily disturbances. Of course, there are other combination of aggravating factors at play, like genetics, active sebaceous glands and bacterial organisms that reside within the sebaceous glands.
An otherwise easily treatable condition, acne can result in permanent scars if left untreated, often resulting in low self-esteem, social isolation, depression and even suicidal ideation.
The skin acts as a window to internal disorders and many individuals with acne are found to have internal hormonal problems like polycystic ovary syndromes or insulin resistance syndromes. Females can have associated excessive hair on the chin, hair loss on the scalp, weight gain, menstrual abnormality and infertility.
- Diet does not have a major role in causing acne but cutting down on foods with high sugar content and milk may be useful.
- Certain medications and creams containing steroids can precipitate an outbreak of acne.
- Heavy and greasy cosmetics will aggravate acne.
- Special soaps, face washes, lotions, and so-called unscientific blood purifiers are of little help.
- Acne scars are repaired with newer dermatological technologies and techniques.
Just like with any other medical condition, each individual is different and will require a unique investigation and treatment plan. This is based on many factors like other current medical conditions, climate, age, sex, skin type and variety of acne.If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.