Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Govinda Prakash AYour feedback matters!
Hi doctor I'm 25 I had unprotected sex with my bf nd my periods got delayed for 5 days. I took urine test it seems positive. Nd I'm much worried .nw I'm taking monsoon tablets 6 pills per day for 3 days. Will I get my periods. Pls help me.
I had unprotected sex with my boy friend before 4 days of my period and he doesn't ejaculated inside me Then too my periods are missed and its been 20 days we had un protected sex I am confused what would have happened why my periods are missed and is everything normal which medicines should I take in order to get periods or check whether I am pregnant or not If yes than what should I do to avoid pregnancy?
My friend is having abdominal cramps. She is near to her periods nd recently she got intimate with her boyfriend bt she took an i-pill within 40 hrs. What could be the reason. And she also wants to know if she could get pregnant with the lubricant that comes out of the penis. Not the ejaculation bt the lubricant. And that too the penis was not inserted into the vagina but it was just touched on the hymen. Thank you.
Hello doc, is taking co- enzyme q 10, L-carnitine, lycopene, L-arginine, selenium, zinc and folic acid helps improve ivf success rate? do they improve egg quality? if yes, then to what extent and for how much time one should take them prior to ivf? I am 40 yrs old female going for ivf? my hormonal essay are normal.
I had a sex with a girl. Later I came to know that condom has tore upper side. Please tell will I get aids?
Hi doctor my age is 26 yrs. I am really scared because I m facing one problem from past two months as I never faced before. The problem is once I m finished with ma periods after 7 to10 days of it I get blood spot with Little pain in side abdominal. It last hardly for one or two hour and after tat it's all okay for rest of the days. please help me is there anything serious in tat.
My periods have not yet come so one week before i.checked I can test so it was negative m today I checked its positive so I do not want to be pregnant I want to. Abortion so which pill can I take urgently.
My friend has pcos problem but for the past two months she has her periods exactly at 21 days (3 day cycle) so her last period was on 1st March so then she should have it by 22 march. She had unprotected sex on 18th march and she took an ipill in the next 6 hours. Even last month she had the pill and got the periods on time, but this time it's 2 days late. She has started to get worried regarding pregnancy! Just wanted to know the chances of her being pregnant?
A healthy and physically fit body is a prerequisite of a happy life, thus it is important that we prevent our body from STDs. STDs are nothing, but those diseases that are usually invited by sexual intimacy or intercourse. Some of these diseases are even life threatening at times, and if you want to prevent them, then you have to adopt a few preventive measures.
Best preventive measures for preventing STDs:
- Using latex condoms: Latex condoms need to be used during sex every time, and these condoms are the safest of all condom varieties available in the market. Both pregnancy and STDs can be easily and efficiently prevented by means of these condoms, and this is the reason everybody is using the same. But you should have the knowledge of correct usage of these condoms.
- Keeping intimate areas clean: Do not ever forget to wash your genitals after or before making intercourse with your partner and this is needed for preventing sexual diseases. Sometimes, excessive lubrication during sexual intercourse brings infectious diseases and thus, your genitals get exposed to sexual diseases.
- Stop sharing items: Sharing undergarments or towels with your friends or close mates can be very much dangerous as you might develop STDs. Even if you have allowed somebody using these personal items of yours, you have to wash them carefully before using the same.
- Avoid multiple sex partners: Both the sex partners should be loyal to each other and should not make sex with multiple partners as that will invite STDs. Having sex with more than one partner can be quite dangerous as a result of which your genital organs get infected and this infection later on turns into serious sexual diseases that cannot be easily treated.
- Avoiding unhealthy lifestyle: If you are exposed to excessive smoking, drugs and alcohol, then you might develop different kinds of STDs. Therefore, you are highly recommended to lead a completely healthy lifestyle so that a healthy sexual life can be enjoyed. You will never be able to have safe sex if you are so very addicted to alcohol, smoking and drugs.
- Have vaccination: Vaccination is now considered as one of the safest methods for preventing STDs. HPV vaccines are the popular, and the most recommended ones and thus, teenagers can take them before getting sexually active. Hepatitis-B vaccinations are also required for getting increased protection against serious sexual diseases, especially AIDS and others. HIV testing is also very much essential in this regard, and you should not avoid the same.
Related Tip: "6 Types of STDs You Need to Be Aware of"
What are the negative effects of masturbation?is it dangerous for our future life?can erected semen cause disability to do sex?
My grand son 3 months baby based on mother's breast feed and milk is not sufficient. Almost in exhausting stage Please suggest to come out of this problem and to feed the baby with sufficient milk. Also suggest the best bottle feeder to suit to the little mouth of baby to drink the milk through bottle feeder
I have an ovary cyst in right side 4.5*3.6 cm.my Age is 24 year. In 2 year before I have an open surgery for ectopic in right side. My marriage passed 3 year. I don't have any baby. I don't want to surgery. please give me advice. I do homeopathic treatment and doctor tell me in 3 months you will all right.
Hi, My age is 21. I use to work in night shift from the past 2 years. I am getting periods every month. But it's not bleeding much only having two or three drops of bleeding. Due to this am gaining more and more weight. Is there any permanent solution for this to reduce my weight and to bleed well.
I got married 9 months ago and I had intercourse 15 days ago nd there was bleeding for one day. Today is my 7 day of period and I had sex tonight and had bleed today also bt just few drops. Is it normal?
Hi my friend is 2 weeks pregnant next month her cousin's marriage function is there so they all planned to give one dance. So if she dances during the pregnancy would there be a problem?
Meri age 33 years hai meri marriage ko 5 years complete ho chuke hai but abhi tak koi baby nahi hai doctor se consult kiya so both tubes block bataya hai to kya laparoscopy karani cahaiye.
How Lifestyle disorders can be handled with Ayurveda
I have 26 years old. I observed light pink spotting at 16th day of my periods cycle. I never experienced like that. I got periods at 29th day. Last month my cycle was 26 days. Now 29 days. It last for 3days just like normal period. I have severe cramps during my period. But now I have backache, leg pains, gas pain, nausea, indigestion, frequent urination, heat body and every day different symptoms. I have kidney stones also. Is these symptoms are released to stone or any other?
Your Egg Reserve
Ovarian Reserve Testing – AMH
Females are born with approximately 1 million eggs and this number declines with age through natural attrition and ovulation but , the rate at which a woman can ‘lose’ eggs during her reproductive life varies greatly from individual to individual .
The number of eggs remaining at a given time, in a female is her ‘ovarian reserve.’
we can now estimate your ovarian reserve with a very simple blood test, it measures a hormone known as AMH; or Anti-Mullerian hormone, which can give us a good indication of your fertility status and an estimate of your ovarian reserve.
Basis behind the test?
AMH is produced by the granulosa cells in the developing early antral follicles of the ovary and as the number of eggs decline, the number of small antral follicles also decline along with the AMH.
This means that AMH is a clinically useful measure of ovarian reserve so as an early indication of your fertility status AMH can help you decide whether to start a family sooner or later.
What if my AMH is low?
Once the ovary runs out of eggs, the body can’t produce more and often the last remaining eggs can be of lessor quality so If you’re in a relationship and have a low ovarian reserve, the best option for having children is to go ahead and try as soon as possible.
If a woman experiences premature menopause, Dr. Richika can take you through all your viable options including the use of donor eggs.
We believe that information and knowledge is power and this test is one way you can take charge of your fertility future today.
You may be at increased risk of having a low AMH if you have;