Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Govinda Prakash AYour feedback matters!
The body produces a number of chemicals called hormones which are essential for the regulation of various functions including growth and metabolism. These hormones are produced by endocrine glands which are located in various parts of the body. One such important gland is the pituitary gland which produces the important growth hormone. This is essential for regulating optimal growth during the growing years and for maintaining proper amounts of body fat, muscles, and bones in the later years of life.
Causes: Deficiency of the growth hormones can occur due to a number of causes, some of which are listed below. It can be congenital (present at birth) or acquired later in life.
The congenital issue could be due to problem in the pituitary gland structure, leading to complete absence or reduced secretion of the hormone.
With age, there is a decrease in the amount of secretion. However, infections, injuries, brain tumors, surgery and radiation can also lead to altered amounts of secretion.
Symptoms: While growth hormone deficiency can occur at any age, symptoms differ depending on the age when the deficiency sets in.
In the early ages:
- Lower rate of growth for a given age
- Delayed developmental milestones
- Delayed onset of puberty
- Short stature/reduced height
- Younger looking compared to other children their age
- Fat deposition around the waist
- Delayed dental development
When the deficiency sets in during the later years, there is
- Low energy levels, constant tiredness
- Decreased strength
- Decreased exercise tolerance
- Decreased overall muscle mass
- Thin and dry skin
- Increased fat deposition and weight gain around the waist
- Changes in social behavior including alternate cycles of anxiety and depression
- Lack of motivation
- History of pituitary tumors
- High levels of fat and cholesterol
The diagnosis depends on the age of the person
- Blood tests are carried out to check the hormone levels in circulation
- In children, in addition to the hormone levels, x-rays to see the status of growth plates is very helpful.
- An insulin hypoglycemia test where insulin is given intravenously to see the levels of the growth hormone after 30 minutes.
- Total cholesterol levels, low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol, apolipoprotein B, and triglyceride levels can be used to supplement the above tests.
- CT scan and/or MRI of the brain may be needed if tumors are suspected.
Treatment: Once diagnosed, replacement therapy is given as shots a few times a week under the skin. This restores normal growth and helps in controlling the symptoms in adults too.
In cases of tumor, radiation or surgery may be required, but most cases are managed with hormone replacement.
Watch out for the symptoms if your child has delayed developmental milestones and early intervention can help restore growth and function to normal levels.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.
I was 4 weeks n five days pregnant wen I discovered that it ws ectopic pregnancy. I had 2 undergo laparotomy 2 remove the foetus, n there ws sum mass tissues in left ovaries wch have been send 4 testing. It's been 19 days nw after the surgery, I had taken rest 4 abt a week. Nw I have lower bak pain in left side. It's nt v severe BT feel uncomfortable due 2 pain. Cn you time the reason 4 the pain. Cn you give advise.
On which days I can have sex without condoms or pills. My periods came after 30 days and past was on 5 jan.
I'm 5mnth pregnant. Now a days my excretion is not well. 7 days may occur to go excretion. What can I will do. Pls help me.
IGot my period last month on 19th but it didn't come in the flow it was more like blood spots showed it to the doctor she asked for a pregnancy test which I iget it done and report was negative she suggested me to wait. Now m worried as I haven't started chumming yet. What should iIdo o.
Rehabilitation of the pelvic floor:
Muscles: rehabilitation was done using the Tanzberger exercises, given by german Physical therapist, renate tanzberger. The Participant was made to sit on a swiss ball (approx. 68-70cm in diameter), with the hip And the knee flexed to 90o and the feet Properly placed on the ground. The Participants were explained in detail about The pfm. The landmarks were explained by Making them sit on a firm surface (chair) And by making them feel for the contraction And relaxation of the gluteal, anal and the Vaginal muscles.
1. Exercise: Rolling the ball Forward: The participant was asked To roll the ball forward towards the Knee without lifting off the feet and Keeping the lumbar spine erect. While rolling, contraction of the Pfm was to be done and while Returning, relaxation.
2. Exercise 2-back to back sitting: The Participant and the therapist sat on The swiss ball back to back. The Participant was asked to pull the ball Towards the knees which do not Move and this activity was restricted Or slowed down by the therapist who Tried to pull the ball in opposite Direction. This brings about the Isometric contraction of the pelvic Floor muscles. The participant was asked to contract the Pelvic floor muscles (50 contractions for Each exercise) while exhaling and relax While inhaling. Treatment was given for 4 Weeks, 3 sessions per week. Each session Continued for about 20-30 minutes Depending upon the fatigue level of each Individual subject with sufficient rest break In between each exercise.
Hello Sir/madam, I want to do sex with my girlfriend without condom. So How can I prevent pregnancy? Her last menstrual periods date is 8, August.
I am 30 weeks pregnant. My uein test shows pus cel 25-30. No fever or burning sensation though. Please advice wat to do next and will this have any effect of baby.
I'm new married and don't want child for a year so mujhey kya karna chahiye ki 1 saal tak me pregnant na ho jaon. Mein medicine bhi nahi lena chahti.
My spouse age is 41 years. She is healthy non-diabetic and non-bp. From past 4 months she is getting her periods 5 to 6 days later. Unfortunately this month even after 12 days she is not getting her periods. She does not have stomach pain or any other problem. Kindly suggest the medicine.
I took pills twice in a week last month after 2 days of my period. I have not got my periods this month. Is there a chance I can be pregnant?
HELLO DOctor one of friend have a problem like she having sex with their boyfriend many times , he forget to use condom sometimes. That time she's eating medicine to stop medicine and she eat more then 5 times. I just want to ask its harmful or not for her.
Hii, I have sex with my girlfriend without condom on 19 th april 2017 then in 48 hours I have given ipill to her. And on that day she started her period. After 10 days I again had sex on 01 may 2017 then also I had given her ipill in 2 days but till now its 5 june she did not have period. I am worried what could be the reason for this is she pregnant or what. I have given ipill on time then its about 1 month she did not have period kindly help me.
When me n my husband do sex After intercourse completed all the cum (white liquid) automatically came out from my vagina We are trying for a baby from last 3 month but not able to conceive pregnancy We following 10 to 22 day pregnancy period But not getting pregnancy.
I missed my period which was on 19th may. Is overdue by 5 days. I did blood test for pregnancy and it's positive. I want to terminate this pregnancy. So which method for abortion will be safe medical or surgical. If I go through medical abortion under the consultation of doctor will it be safe.
Lymphomas are tumours that grow in lymph system which is part of immune system.
Lymphoma is the most common type of blood cancer diagnosed in adults and third among common diagnosed in children it can be treated with chemotherapy and lymphoma involving the brain may be treated with radiation therapy.