Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Govind Suresh Mittal
Submit a review for Dr. Govind Suresh MittalYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Dr. Govind Suresh Mittal provides answers that are very helpful and well-reasoned. Sir can you please suggest me a good Dr.here in Indore.Please sir,I'll be thankful
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Govind Suresh Mittal to be very helpful, knowledgeable and well-reasoned. nice nd awesome traetment thankyou for give me advise.
Dr. Govind Suresh Mittal provides answers that are knowledgeable. Thank you for taking out your valuable time for answering
Mohd Jaffer Ali
Dr. Govind Suresh Mittal provides answers that are very helpful and helped me improve my health. Thanks
Very humble person.
There are many ways to remove your unwanted hair, some of them being shaving, tweezing and waxing. However, now there is laser hair removal as well. Laser hair removal involves having highly concentrated beams of light fall onto hair follicles. When this happens, the hair follicles absorb that light and the excess hair cells get destroyed. Read on to find more about laser hair removal:
Benefits: There are a some major benefits to laser hair removal as compared to other forms of hair removal. Here they are:
- Permanency: When you opt for laser hair removal, after 3-7 sessions, the growth is very minimal and can be treated by maintenance sessions. In fact, laser hair removal is the only way to permanently remove hair which exists. Even if you wax, shave or tweeze, the hair will eventually grow back.
- Precision: It is much harder to not damage the surrounding skin with traditional methods of removing hair. With laser hair removal, you can remove hair, which are dark and coarse without harming the nearby skin.
- Eye and skin protection: The procedure starts off with the patient being given eye protection. This is so that the laser light does not damage the eyes. After that, a cold gel or special cooling liquid is given so that the laser light can penetrate the skin better.
- Testing period: The technician will then give a laser pulse to the area where hair is supposed to be removed from to ensure the right settings are used and also to make sure there are no adverse reactions to this form of treatment.
- Procedure and recovery: After the testing period, the hair will be removed and once it is done, ice packs and other anti-inflammatory creams and lotions are given to make sure that there are no adverse effects of laser hair removal after the procedure.
Recovery: Even after the lotions are given, there are some risks of laser hair removal, such as the skin will look sunburnt and sometimes even blisters may appear. In such cases, sunscreen can help prevent changes in the color of your skin.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Can I apply onion juice over oiled hair as I want to keep my oil overnight ?n do not want to mix the hair oil with pnion juice. Will this have same effect?
I am 16 years old. My complexion is so dark. I can not bear with it. Can there is any way for being whiten with out fairness cream?
Hi doctor i'm 32f. Now a days pigmentation became the problem for most of the people. I don't have any pigmentation till now. But am worried if I may get in the future. So am planning to take prp to avoid pigmentation. I want to know is prp is best to avoid prp. Because prevention is better than cure.
Not many of us like the image that stares back at us in the mirror. We all would love to have those wrinkles gone, the dull appearance improved, the fine lines disappear, the spots (brown, black, gray, whatever) just vanish. However, they don't. They are all real, but the good news is that they are not here to stay. There are improved methods of producing younger, glowing skin and chemical peels is one of them.
In 2011, it was rated as one of the top 5 minimally invasive procedure with about a million people in the USA going for it to revitalize their skin.
What do they do: You could be of any age or gender, looking for a youthful, glowing skin. Chemical peels definitely are an option for you. The skin is the most exposed part and is prone to damage from sun, pollution and dust. These leave uneven tone, dull skin, wrinkles and spots. In all these cases, a chemical peel can produce a marked improvement. A chemical preparation (solution) is applied on the skin which dissolves and removes the upper layers of the skin and allows for new skin to form. This is younger looking, softer, and smoother with fewer imperfections. The strength of the solution and the duration of application will depend completely on the patient's presenting situation and goals.
Benefits of chemical peels:
- Reduces fine lines and wrinkles: Unlike creams and serums and lotions, these offer a much faster way to achieving smoother, clearer skin.
- Improves skin tone: The rough, top layers that were exposed to sun are removed, producing skin with improved texture.
- Promotes collagen production: The skin is made to produce more collagen, which results in skin that has better elasticity and glow.
- Eliminates scars from acne: The damage done by acne through scars left behind can be 'peeled' off with a chemical peel.
- Improves damage from sun exposure: Exposure to sun is most harmful to skin, and chemical peels help reduce this damage by removing off the top layers of skin that is affected by constant exposure to sun.
- Economical: Compared to the expensive creams and lotions that make huge promises, chemical peels are definitely cost effective.
- Boosts self-esteem: A smoother, glowing skin that is free of spots, wrinkles, and fine lines is sure to improve the person's confidence.
Following are the Indications for Chemical Peels-
- Treatment and Prevention of Acne
- Sun-induced Pigmentation
Chemical peels can be done on face, back, arms and legs, feet. elbows and knees, knuckles to even out pigmentation and smoothen the skin. Post care precautions are simple to follow-up avoidance of direct sunlight for first 4-5 days, strict application of sunscreen and keeping skin hydrated regularly.
A detailed discussion with your doctor about expectations is definitely the first step if you are thinking of going for a chemical peel. Consult an expert & get answers to your questions!