Find numerous Oncologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Oncologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
My friend cousin aunt have neck cancer. Plzz give me good advice so we can safe his cousin aunt life. Plzzzz its a request.
I am a 60 years old male and have an enlarged prostate Grade 2-43 gms. I am employed and have been told to get a cure certificate within 4 months. Please advise medication.
Hi, my mother is 56 year old, has breast cancer metasted to bone. She has undergone chemotherapy. Now she is suffering with severe pain in legs and backpain. We consulted neurologist, orthopedic and and oncologist who gives her chemo. oncologist says its disc problem, not related to cancer, but she is not getting relief from medication given by neurologist or orthopedic doctor.
My Husband last 19 year taking tobacco like Shekhar, Rajnigandha, Tulsi. But now a days he trying to quit. I am fearing for cancer. I want to diagnose any problem will be arise? He is 34 years old.
Can vitamin and mineral supplements prevent cancer and Will eating red and processed meat give me cancer?
I am 24 years old female. My question is I have one small size lump which is hard in my right breast but it's there from one year now and have not gone or increased. I have not consult any doctor because I have not deal with any other symptoms of breast cancer yet. The lump is not painful and I don't have any effects from that lump since I dis covered it. I regularly have my period cycles. Pls help me if it's breast cancer or not?
If a person in has a heart cancer and blood clots comes through mouth with saliva then what's this signifies? Please suggest me properly please.
My age is 23. My height is 6ft. My weight is 78 kg. I have enlarged prostate 22.6 cc. Can homeopathic medicine SABAL SERRUlATA can help my prostate gland to came in normal size. What are the doses and for what period?
I am a 24-year-old girl. I have one lump in my left breast for over a year now. I got a mammography test done last year and it showed the lump was benign. But it is still there. What do I need to do to dissolve the lump? Please, advise.
Mai 27 years, ki hu meri left breast me pain hota, h aur bhot sagging v h kya, ye cancer k symptom h kya kru. please tell me.
I have been operated for tongue cancer 2 weeks back which is operated with neck too. So report say my neck is now cure but my tongue report is like this. Distance of tumor frm base 0.6cm Lymph vascular invasion: present Final impression: invasive squamous cell carcinoma, conventional, grade 2, right lateral border of tongue, pT1 pN0. So whats next now. Doctor say for a radio therapy or operation which is best and tell me whats next step now?
Colorectal cancer, also known as colon cancer or bowel cancer; is the occurrence of cancer in the colon and the rectum region. Colorectal cancer may either be malignant or benign, the former spreads to other areas of the body whereas, the latter stays confined to its place. It is characterized by an abnormal growth of cells in the rectum or the colon.
The various surgical treatment options for colorectal cancer are:
1. Right colectomy: This procedure involves removal of the right part of the colon. A part of the small intestine, which is attached to the right side of the colon, known as ileum, is also removed.
2. Partial colectomy: In partial colectomy, only a portion of the colon that has been affected by cancer is removed. The remaining parts are fused together in a process called ‘Anastomosis’. This procedure does not cause much change in your bowel habits.
3. Total abdominal colectomy: In this procedure, the large intestine is removed from the body.
4. Abdominoperineal resection: Abdominoperineal resection involves removing the rectum, anus and the sigmoid colon (part of the intestine that leads to the rectum).
5. Total proctocolectomy: This is an extensive procedure wherein, both the colon and the rectum are removed. If the anus is weak or damaged, then it needs to be removed as well.
Apart from these procedures, there are other surgical procedures that complement the above procedures, they are:
1. Fecal diversion: This is a procedure where an opening is formed between the small intestine and the skin’s surface so that it facilitates the healing process.
2. K pouch: The K pouch also called continent ileostomy is a pouch, which is attached to the anus so that feces can be passed normally. The K pouch contains nipple valve that prevents leakage; it is emptied by inserting a catheter in the stoma.
3. Stomas: A stoma is an opening on the skin of the bowel. This is done when the normal route of bowel is disturbed after a surgery.
Colon cancer refers to the uncontrolled growth of cancer cells in the region of your large intestine. It is often associated with rectal cancer and is termed as colorectal cancer, since the process of metastasis (a process through which cancer cells pass rapidly to the other organs of your body) is very rapid for this particular medical condition. Colon cancer is prevalent among both men and women irrespective of their age, but is generally noticed in people above forty years of age. Though the causes of colon cancer cannot be specifically identified, there are certain factors that can increase your chance of developing colon cancer.
The risk factors are mentioned below:
- Family history of colon cancer
- Chronic diseases of the intestine(like inflammation of intestine)
- A regular diet with low fibers but high calories
- Consuming high amount of alcohol
If you are diagnosed with colon cancer, you may show the following symptoms:
- Inconsistency of bowel movements. (diarrhea and constipation)
- Passage of blood through stool
- Pain in your abdominal region
- Sudden weight loss
- Body fatigue
Colon cancer can be fatal if not treated at an early stage. Ayurveda offers effective remedies for colon cancer. Some of the remedies are mentioned below:
- Drinking green tea can be very effective. Green tea has epigallocatechin (a Polyphenol used in different dietary supplements) which can destroy the formation of cancer cells.
- Consuming Aloe Vera is another useful technique. It cleans the digestive tract and colon region by removing harmful toxins and can thus help to cure cancer faster.
- Turmeric is also very potent in fighting cancer. It contains curcumins which can destroy the cancer cells formed in the colon region.
- Ashwagandha is known to have certain properties that can control the growth of cancer cells and is thus instrumental in treating colon cancer.
- The juice of garlic has certain medicinal properties that can combat the growth of cancer cells in your colon region. Intake of garlic juice can thus be very helpful.
Since colon cancer has limited survival rates, it is highly recommended for you to seek advice from an Ayurveda practitioner if you wish to get healed naturally.