Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Urologists in India. You will find Urologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Urologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Govardhan Reddy
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of H.I.V
Hydrocele Treatment (Surgical)
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Urology Minimally Invasive Surgery
Kidney Transplant Treatment
Blood In Urine (Hematuria) Treatment
Reconstructive Surgery Procedures
Transurethral Resection Of The Prostate (Turp) Pro
Reconstructive Urology Surgery
Minimally Invasive Urology Surgery
Transurethral Incision Of The Prostate (Tuip) Proc
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy Procedure
Open Prostatectomy Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Govardhan ReddyYour feedback matters!
Hi, my 4 year son is suffering from fissures therefore can someone tell me how much time does it take to heal. I am currently giving him laxicare and ornaments. Is the line of treatment fine. Although wanted to know the cause and things to take care in future. Would prefer if some good pediatric in faridabad can answer this and would want to meet him in person also. Thanks in advance for considering this. With Regards .
Hello sir/madam, 20 years ago doctor advised me for anal Fissure surgery and surgery done, Doctor told me that your left anal nerve is thick and he cut it and remove, yet time I feel good but yesterday right-side anal is itching and burning little bit. I am afraid if again same problem occur in my right side anal nerve please sir give me advice for any good cream or medicine please I am very thankful to you if you suggest me some cream or medicine then I am very thankful please Please recover me from this problem.
Alport Syndrome, first detected by Dr. A. Cecil Alport and named after him is a rare inherited disease. It affects the kidney and also the inner cochlea or ear and the eyes. Passed down through families, it is caused by genetic mutations that affect the type IV collagen family of proteins. Collagen is an important tissue that forms the basement structure of the kidney, inner ear and eye.
Types of Alport syndrome
- X-Linked Alport Syndrome: A most common form of Alport Syndrome, boys who are affected with this type tend to develop serious complications and kidney failure.
- Autosomal recessive Alport syndrome (ARAS): When both the parents carry the abnormal gene and pass it down to their offspring, this type of syndrome is caused. If affects the male and female with equal severity.
- Autosomal dominant Alport syndrome (ADAS): This happens when the child inherits the abnormal gene from one of the parents. Only one copy is needed to cause a mutation.
Signs and symptoms of Alport syndrome
With all types of Alport Syndrome, the tiny blood vessels of the kidney called glomeruli are damaged and the kidney will be unable to filter the toxins from the body. The most common symptoms include:
- Hematuria – Blood in the urine
- Proteinuria – Protein in the urine
- High blood pressure
- Edema – Swelling in the legs, ankle, feet and around the eyes
- Hearing and vision problems
- Flank pain
The following tests and examinations can be performed to assess the condition and type of Alport Syndrome:
- Urine test – It helps in finding the presence of blood or protein in your urine.
- Glomerular Filtration Rate – The blood work assesses the levels of waste and protein in your blood.
- Kidney Biopsy – A tiny piece of kidney is removed with special needle and analyzed
- Hearing Test – It checks, if hearing is affected
- Vision Test – This is conducted to check any abnormalities in vision
- Genetic Test – It determines the type of Alport syndrome and confirm the diagnosis
There is no specific treatment for Alport Syndrome. However, treatment aims to relieve the symptoms and slow the progression of kidney disease.
- Medications to control high blood pressure
- Diuretics or water pills
- Limiting salt or sodium intake in your diet
- Kidney transplantation if patient is progressing towards kidney failure
- Medications to slow down the onset of kidney damage
Awareness of family history of this disorder will help in detecting Alport Syndrome at an early stage and also help you take the right steps to prevent any further complications.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!