Find numerous Oncologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Oncologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. GopinathYour feedback matters!
Hello Dr. My mom is a cancer patient. She is 63 year old. In the month of November was her last chemotherapy. And suddenly in the month of December she got dry gangrene. We amputated her leg below knee 40 days back. After stitches removal she got some infection and got a hole Now Dr. is suggesting to go for hyperbaric oxygen therapy to heal her wound. So should we go for it Or regular dressing will work for her? Please reply Thank you.
have a swelling on neck doctor told cervical adenitis submental triangle is it symptoms of cancer or not?
Hello Dr. Can my wife take cervical cancer vaccine during breastfeeding. My son is 10 months old now and she will turn 30 by next year. We heard that vaccine to b taken before 30 years. Pls recommend?
Hello my age is 22 years recently I diagnose fibroadenoma in my both breast one is 4 cms doctor said that It will be safe remove from surgery remaining 8 are small lumps about 1 cm in both breasts I'm full sugar in future the small lumps (fibroadenoma) will turn too grow what precautions I should take to prevent this small lumps will go their own or they remain same how many days it will take to grow pizz what I should do I'm studying because of this I'm not concentrating on my studies.
I have a oral submucos fibrosis so this is confirm that I will 100 present get oral cancer? Or I can prevent it?
Hello All, My father's prostate gland got enlarged also his sodium level became down so doctors put foley catheter as he has become so weak, and did medication for sodium level increase. After discharge they said to keep catheter for two weeks as he has become weak, when we took my father to home he was getting few drops of blood in insertion area of catheter and few amount of blood through pipe also, but next day it was all OK, but after six to ten days he started bleeding from catheter like continuous blood was flowing and that catheter bag was full of blood, we took him again to doctor and it's been two days the flow of blood is now reduced but it's still coming. Also as he was having cholesterol problem so doctor has given tablets which will thin blood, please can someone help me out with how many days it will be fine and why this issue can be occurred. Is this normal because doctors has hospitalized him but blood flow is still there. Thanks so much in advance!
Can coffee causes cancer. I often drink coffee during my exams more and some of friends said that drinking it more can cause cancer. Is it true?
Hello doctor. I am 17 year old girl. I found a cyst in my breast which is increasing. And sometimes it pains. I am afraid that is it a symptom of breast cancer. Please suggest me what should I do?
Hi I want to ask that my girlfriend aged 23 is getting some kind of white liquid from her breast is getting out is this normal to every girl under that age.
Age: 47 BUCCAL MUCOSA T4B CANCER TREATMENT: 3 CHEMO & 5 RADIO (TRIAL) DOCTOR ASSESSMENT: NOT TREATABLE (4 months max) No further chemo and radio MY QUESTION: what should I do, some say go for AYURVEDA please anyone give your honest opinion.
The sound of the word cancer can be really traumatic and the fact the one may most of the time be unaware of this condition can be hard to handle. The same is the situation in the case of lung cancer as it does not produce any remarkable signs and symptoms in its early stages. However, there are ways in which you can be aware of this life-threatening ailment. Here are some tell-tale signs of an early stage of lung cancer:
A stubborn cough:
Beware when a cough is lingering on for long with no sign of relief. When a cough is related to cold and respiratory infection, it will subside within a week or so. But in case the cough is persistent, it can be a symptom of lung cancer. You should never dismiss a stubborn cough regardless of whether it is dry or producing mucus. You should talk to a doctor right away as he can check the lungs and may order for other tests to determine whether you have cancer.
Becoming easily winded or shortness of breath is considered the most prominent symptoms of lung cancers. This may occur when cancer blocks or inhibit the airway or when the fluid from the tumor starts building up in the chest. If you find that it is becoming difficult for you to breathe in doing tasks that you found easy before, you should not ignore it.
When the airways become inflamed, blocked or constricted, then the lungs would produce a wheezing and whistling sound while breathing. It can be associated with a host of other causes that are easily treatable but could also be due to lung cancer.
Even though headaches are considered one of the most common health problems, if there is a persistent headache, then it could be a sign that lung cancer has spread to the brain. It is important to understand that all headaches are not associated with the brain metastases. There are times when the lung cancer creates pressure on the superior vena cava which is in charge of supplying blood to the upper part of the brain. This pressure can also lead to headaches.
Pain in the bone:
If the lung cancer has spread to the other parts of the body, then it may produce mild pain in the back and other parts of the body. It tends to become worse during the night when you are resting on your back. But it can be difficult for a commoner to differentiate between muscle and bone pain. In case you are suffering from bone pain, you will see that it is becoming worse with movement. Moreover, lung cancer is also associated with pain in the shoulder, neck, and arm even though it is very rare. You should be very attentive to the pain and aches in the body and consult with an expert at the earliest.
You can easily combat lung cancer if diagnosed and treatment is started in its early stages.
Elevated PSA I am a 75 years old. My PSA last year was 4.03 this year it has elevated to 5.83. This has me stressed and worried. My urologist has recommend I have a biopsy. I have been reading and go ogling about prostate cancer and biopsies. The more I read and learn, the more confused I get. I am 50- to get a.
Can I use patanjali amla juice for stomach problems. Does it contain sodium benzoate whose reaction with vitamin c causes cancer?
I am 56 year old man have got a prostate problem prostate enlargement 37 cm have urine fall problem while on tension frequency of urine fall increase and very slow kindly suggest suitable medicine I do not want operation.
Cancer that originates in the bones of a human body is referred to as bone cancer. Any bone could come under the threat of this disease, but generally the longer bones of your body, so to say the bones of your limbs, are at a greater risk.
A few factors that might push you an inch closer to bone cancer are:
- Genes could jinx your health: A few typical genetic syndromes could increase a person's chances of contracting bone cancer. These syndromes could have been active in any person belonging to your lineage. One such syndrome is Li-Fraumeni.
- Treatment for one kind of cancer can make you prone to some other kind: Radiation affects your bones adversely. A patient of breast cancer might be undergoing radiation therapy that further increases his or her risk of contracting bone cancer in future.
- Paget's disease can have unfavorable implications: Paget's disease is a disease that affects elderly people. This condition, if left untreated, can turn into bone cancer at a later stage.
Several symptoms of bone cancer can be found below:
- Sudden loss of weight: If you lose a considerable amount of weight in a few weeks time without having made any effort at all, you should probably be worried about the health of your bones. Bone cancer can result in sudden and unintentional weight loss.
- Unexpected bone fracture or breakage: Cancer of the bones is known to gnaw at the strength of your bones. Weakened and diseased bones can break or get fractured very easily. An unexpected fracture should not be overlooked so as to prevent chances of anything more harmful.
- Long spans of unyielding exhaustion: Constant fatigue and sleepiness might be hinting at a more serious underlying problem. The bones in your body hold you together; cancerous bone cells can make you feel exhausted without much exertion as your bones lose their inherent potency.
- Persistent pain in the bones: Excruciating cramps or pangs of stinging pain in a person's bones either continuously or at odd hours, could be indicative of bone cancer. Such instances require the advice and guidance of an experienced oncologist.
- Bone swelling: The area affected by bone cancer can grow big and tender or the bone itself can swell up. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopedist.