Find numerous Oncologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Oncologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. GopinathYour feedback matters!
The study analyzed data from 77,525 women in the Nurses’ Health Study and from 49,403 men in the Health Professionals Follow–up Study. The risk was related to the duration of use of the painkillers. There was a decrease in the risk by 19% if the painkiller was used for less than four years. There was a 36 per cent increase in risk of kidney cancer for people who used them regularly for 4 to 10 years. The risk increased almost three times for those who used these drugs regularly for 10 years or more.
The good news is that kidney cancer is uncommon so the risk is small for average users.
Two other important causes of kidney cancer are obesity and smoking. So people on painkillers should not smoke and should also keep their weight under control to prevent kidney cancer.
1. Prevents cancer: as a magnificent source of vitamin c and different cell reinforcements, tomatoes can battle the development of abnormal cells that causes cancer. Lycopene has been connected with prostate tumour prevention. Epidemiologists recommend the consumption of tomato as it helps lower the possibility of prostate cancer. High fibre content of beta-carotene in fruits and vegetables has been proven to bring down the risk of colorectal cancer to a great extent.
2. Blood pressure: low sodium consumption keeps circulatory strain solid. Tomatoes are rich in potassium that helps in the same.
3. Heart's well-being: the fibre, potassium, vitamin c and choline content in tomatoes all bolster the heart's well-being. An expansion in potassium as well as a reduction in sodium is the most essential dietary change that an individual can make to lessen their danger of cardiovascular diseases. Tomatoes additionally contain folic corrosive, which keeps the homocysteine levels under control. It reduces the risk of heart diseases.
4. Diabetes: tomatoes help bring down the blood sugar level in people with type1 diabetes. Whereas, people with type 2 diabetes may have enhanced glucose, lipids and insulin levels. One measure of cherry tomatoes gives around 2 grams of fibre and helps them keep their levels neutralized.
5. Constipation: eating foods that are high in water substance and fibre like tomatoes can help with hydration and advance normal solid discharges. Fibre adds mass to stool and is important for bowel movement.
6. Eye health: tomatoes are a rich sources of lycopene, lutein and beta-carotene, which are intense cancer prevention agents. They have been helpful in protecting the eyes against harm related to the advancement of age-related macular degeneration.
7. Skin: collagen, a fundamental part of the skin, hair, nails and connective tissue, is dependent on vitamin c. An inadequacy of vitamin c leads to certain skin problems. As vitamin c is a capable cancer prevention agent, a low intake can affect the skin and cause harm from uv rays, infections and smoke. This usually results in wrinkles, hanging skin, blemishes and other antagonistic skin diseases.
8. Pregnancy: a good amount of folic acid needs to be present before and during pregnancy to ensure the infants good health inside the mother's womb. This can be found in tomatoes.
My wife has breast pain since last week. Our last child was born on January 2010 and she is not pregnant either. She have hyperthyroidism.
I am suffering from lipoma. Kya surgery ke illawa koi or option nahi Hai. And if I don't go for surgery then mujhe kaise pta chalega Ki ye cancerous Hai ya nahi. Please tell me what is the difference between both tissues.
Hi, in my breast I have small gland fro past since 7years that becomes sometimes pain. 2years before I got married and I have one baby is any problem about that it vl causes cancer. I already consult a doctor before marriage she prefer mammography ultrasound scan but she did not give any clarity about that. Am very scaring about that.
I am 48 years old. Had mastectomy in 2007 t1n1mo right breast. Had chemotherapy 6 cycles and 5 years of tamoxifen. A recent breast ultrasound shows some simple cysts in the left breast. What does it indicate? is there any chance of these cysts turning malignant please Advice.
I am 30 years female and I have a clump in my right breast and I have this from 20 yrs. Is this a cancer clump or just fibroid.
Hi This is to draw your kind attention that I am a lady of 56 years old and was detected with stage 1 TNBC in left side Breast during January, 2014.Immediately thereafter I underwent Breast conservation surgery followed by 8 doses of chemo and 35 rounds of 3D Linac Radiation therapy. The course of treatment was completed in December, 2014. Since then I am under check up of the Oncologist at regular intervals of 03 months. However on completion of the course of treatment as mentioned above, I have developed the problem of lymphedema in my left hand. Of late I am experiencing tremendous pain in the affect arm with high temperature over the affected arm. I shall be highly obliged if you kindly favor me with valuable advice in this regard. Regards Yours faithfully,
I am having Enlarged Prostate since last 15 years. At present my Doctor has prescribed Sildura 8 Medicine. I want to know as whether, is there any other better Medicine for Enlarged Prostate ?
I have one month baby. She is on breast feeding. Last two days am feeling much pain on my left breast. Nipple is swelling and when she sucks it hurts much. A red spot is also seen beside the brown circle. What should I do?
What is the problem ofcanser and what are the causes for this and how can we care about this? Please give required answer for above this and what arep the causes of blood cancer and what is the solution for this? Please give sufficient answer?
I am a diabetic type 1 taking insulin 38 units and one tablet of vysov -M and diapride M 2 and the sugar level is 200 fasting and 275 PP. Sir I always feel severe pains in my legs/calves. It is further informed that I am having enlarged prostrate problem weighing 28 grams. The diabetes have resulted ED and PM ejaculation and some times I take tazzle 5 which also cause headache due to BP. Can you pl. Suggest me some safe medicines to cure these diseases.
I have one question about cancer how its comes into the bady I did not expect my frnd suffer from cancer.
I am 31 years old I have lymph node infection. Dr. prescribed 500 mg antibiotic tab. Is it safe? please provide brief info for lymph node infections.
According to a major study that provides a connection between height and cancer, it is stated that taller people are more prone to developing cancer. Research has found that the risk of developing any kind of cancer in women rises by 18% for an increase of every 10 cm in height. In men, the risk rises by 11%, even though height is not as major a factor as are obesity, smoking and a bad, unhealthy diet.
Several reasons have been put forward for the above statement. One of the reasons is that the number of body cells in taller people is more than people with average height. This leads to an increase in the number of cells which could potentially turn malignant.
While individually analysing the impact of height on different cancer forms, it was found that the highest increase in risk was in skin cancer (30% for every 10 cm increase in height), while a 20% increase was noted in taller women developing breast cancer.
Development of cancer in regions including the colon and rectum is known as colorectal cancer. Long legs have been surprisingly associated with this form of cancer. In comparison with shorter people, it was reported that taller people had a higher risk percentage of developing colorectal cancer. Two hypotheses regarding the formation of colorectal cancer have been developed. One hypothesis is that taller people have longer colons, which in turn result in more surface area where colon cancer can develop. The other hypothesis is that taller people experience increased levels of growth hormones. These particularly affect the length of their legs. The growth hormone called 'insulin-like growth factor 1' is increased during puberty and is considered to be a risk factor for colorectal cancers occurring at later stages.