Find numerous General Surgeons in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Surgeons with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. GopinathYour feedback matters!
The skin is one of the most delicate, yet at times, the most ignored part of the body. Human skin consists of three layers, namely, Epidermis, Dermis and Hypodermis:
Epidermis is the outermost layer of the body and provides protection to the skin. The amount of Melanin in the epidermis is responsible for the variation of skin colour.
The second layer, Dermis protects the body from stress and strains and also nourishes the epidermis.
The deepest layer, Hypodermis also known as subcutaneous tissue, conserves energy. It is made up of cells with the purpose of storing fat, to be utilized by the body.
A person's skin keeps on changing throughout the human life. It becomes thinner with the age, because of the ever changing hormonal production. With increasing age your skin also begins to age, losing its glow and becoming drier leading to larger pores, breakouts, wrinkles, dark circles, sagginess, patches, etc.
Following changes occur in the skin at different age groups:
- Infants: The skin of newborns is very delicate, often red/pinkish or purple in colour. The skin of babies keeps on developing with each passing day. Their skin is thinner and sensitive. Also, the newborn skin is more prone to infections and allergies, which is why it is always advisable to use hand-sanitizers before even touching a baby, since a small infection might lead to a bigger issue for newborns. Premature babies generally have transparent skin vis-a-vis skin of full term babies, who are born with fully developed thicker skin.
- Toddlers: The skin of toddlers as compared to infants is more developed and bright, and it keeps on changing as your toddler grows.
- Adolescents: The skin of adolescents is tougher and undergoes a major change because of the various hormonal changes that happen during this phase of the human body. To name a few, adolescents will experience an increase in sebum production, arm sweating, pubic hair growth, pimples, acne (Learn more about Acne and Scars), etc.
- Adulthood: Oil production, breakouts, larger skin pores are a few of the skin changes that start as the body also starts to age. The skin might experience acne and dryness in this stage.
- Maturity: Exposure to sun, less intake of water, thinning of the epidermis and lack of proper skin care leads to various skin related changes. These include skin pigmentation, wrinkles, losing of elasticity, paler skin, dryness, expression lines, thinner and drier skin.
- Old-age: During this phase of age, the human skin dries, becomes looser, veins become to be more visible, appearance of age-spots, sagging of skin, patchy skin are issues that humans are exposed to face.
Any skin related issue should be taken up and discussed with Dermatologist/Skin Specialist to find the best cure to the problem.
My husband is 28. He is having an mildly enlarged liver with heterogeneous parenchyma. Also has mildly enlarged prostrate gland amd heterogeneous pancreas.
My friend has a problem of darkness over her neck and face. And the darkness was speeding to her body also from past 6 years. What should she do?
I have got a yellow and little blue spot just above nipple on left side and it pains it happened after my bf had bit there and pressed hard.
My face is getting dull day by day, even I am working out daily and using good skin care products. Is it my diet, please suggest a healthy diet, but not that wud put a hole in my pockets.
Hello Doc. Actually mara mom ka cheeks pa dark circles ha or mari mom na 1 year tak homeopathy ke medical le par jab tak le tab tak thik rha. Ab vo dubara ho cause ha. So suggest me something for my mom.
I am 26, female.I am having number of breakouts in my face. I need to reduce it and I also have lost glow in my skin. Can you suggest me what I should do.
Here are some Body & Skin Beautification procedures.