Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Gopika Rajesh
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Gopika RajeshYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
What is a vaginal rash?
Although vaginal rashes can be identified with non infectious conditions, for example, hypersensitive responses and contact dermatitis, many are because of sexually transmitted diseases. The zone around the vagina might be blushed with sores or blisters or it might hold its typical shading yet have bumps. Different side effects, for example, discharge, burning sensation during urination, pain or tingling, may likewise happen.
Not all sexually transmitted diseases cause vaginal rashes; the ones that most regularly do are syphilis, genital herpes and human papillomavirus (HPV). Genital herpes normally causes groups of excruciating red blisters that might be irritated. Syphilis might be connected with a lone, painless, red sore on the vulva that might be followed by a rash on the hands and feet. Genital warts may develop as an after effect of HPV disease.
What is it caused by?
It can happen as a result of rubbing against the skin, like from uncomfortable underwear or rough sanitary napkins. These are not harmful and non-contagious. Also, these are usually minor and get cured with home remedies.
Contact Dermatitis: This can be caused when you come in contact with a substance that can cause irritation or an allergy. This is called contact dermatitis. It can be very itchy, but it is not serious very often.
Pubic lice: These are caused by tiny parasites, such as insects that survive by sucking on blood from humans.
Candidiasis (yeast infections): This can cause rashes in the moist folds of the vaginal skin.
Scabies: It is a skin condition, which can get very itchy and is caused due to little mites digging into your skin.
Psoriasis: These are characterised by little red or wine red coloured bumps with silvery scaly skin on top of that. It is commonly found on the knees, elbow or scalp, but it can occur on any part of the body.
The term infertility in females explains a wide range of disorders but in order to simplify things, lets’ just say, infertility in women is a condition in which women are unable to conceive. There are numerous reasons that can be responsible for this situation and although some are preventable or curable, most others have no specific cure or treatment.
One of the most common reasons for infertility is an ovulatory disorder. Almost 30 percent of female infertility is caused due to this reason. 70 percent of such infertility is treatable with drugs such as Reprones/Menogan and Clomiphene. Here is a list of causes of failed ovulation-
Disruption in the complex hormonal balance.
Ovaries fail to produce mature eggs. Polycystic ovarian syndrome is the most common disorder causing this problem. This syndrome has reduced FSH production and increased production of LH, Oestrogen and Testosterone. Suppressed FSH production may cause the partial development of ovarian follicles.
Hypothalamus may malfunction thereby causing the pituitary to malfunction, thus losing control over the process or FSH and LH production.
Physical damage to the ovaries by multiple surgeries or due to the formation of cysts.
A rare case of premature menopause.
Problems of the follicle.
Poor functioning of fallopian tubes
Diseases or disorders in the tube have been another major reason of infertility in women. Almost 25 percent of women infertility occurs due to this reason. Although treatments exist, success rates of the treatments are as high as 30 percent. The causes of tube damage may be as follows-
Infection caused by bacteria or viruses
Previous pelvic or abdominal surgeries.
A condition called ectopic pregnancy which occurs in the tube, and even if very carefully but successfully overcome, may leave permanent damage.
Rare congenital defects in which women may be born with tube anomalies.
This is the condition where the endometrium expands excessively thereby preventing individuals from getting pregnant. This affects almost 10 percent of the population of infertile women. Almost 40 percent of women with endometriosis are infertile.
Other additional factors may include:
Behavioural factors like personal habits, lifestyle and health factors.
Cigarette smoking reduces the chances of conceiving by one-third.
Alcohol increases the chances of birth defects.
Hence, pregnancy is tougher than it might really seem.
Breast cancer begins when the cells that are present in the breast start to go out of control. These cells generally form a tumor which can be seen on mammogram or one can feel it as a lump. The tumor is threatening if the cells can grow into the tissues that surround it or spread to other areas of the body. Breast cancer happens mostly in ladies. Here are a few methods with which you can prevent breast cancer-
- Keep your weight in check: Maintaining a healthy weight is important for everyone although, it is easy to tune it out since it is said so often. Being overweight can expand the danger of a wide range of cancers, including breast cancer, particularly after menopause.
- Be physically active: Women who are physically active for almost or at least 30 minutes a day have a lower danger of breast cancer. Normal activity is additionally one of the ideal approaches to keep weight under control.
- Eat Your Fruits and Vegetables and Avoid Too Much Alcohol: A balanced and healthy diet can bring down the danger of breast cancer. Attempt to eat a considerable measure of fruits and vegetables and keep liquor at moderate levels or lower. While moderate drinking can be useful for the heart in most grown-ups, even low levels of intake can build the danger of breast cancer. If you do not drink, don't feel you have to begin. In case you drink modestly, there is less risk.
- Try not to Smoke: Smokers and non-smokers alike know how undesirable smoking is. It brings down a person’s quality of life and expands the danger of heart and lung diseases, stroke, and no less than 15 types of cancer, including breast cancer. It additionally causes bad breath, awful teeth, and wrinkles.
- Breastfeed, If Possible: Breastfeeding for almost one year or more brings down the danger of breast cancer. It additionally has extraordinary medical advantages for the baby as well, especially in terms of immunity.
- Keep away from Birth Control Pills: Contraceptive pills have both dangers and advantages. In many cases, the more young a lady is, the lower the danger is. While ladies are taking birth control pills, they have more chances of falling prey to breast cancer as per various medical studies. This danger leaves rapidly in the wake of stopping the pill. The danger of stroke and heart attack is increased while on the pill, especially if the woman smokes. Long term use can likewise have essential advantages, such as bringing down the danger of ovarian cancer, colon tumor and uterine cancer and undesirable pregnancy. In case you are exceptionally worried about breast cancer, staying away from birth control pills is also an alternative to lower the risk.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
A collection of symptoms typically occurring between ovulation and menses (discharge of blood and from the uterus) is defined as premenstrual syndrome (PMS). Premenstrual syndrome symptoms can either be physical or emotional.
Physical symptoms and signs include:
- Muscle or joint pain
- Weight gain due to fluid retention
- Bloated abdomen
- Breast tenderness
- Acne breakouts
- Diarrhoea or constipation
While other behavioural and emotional symptoms include:
- Anxiety or tension
- Depressed mood
- Crying spells
- Anger or irritability and mood swings
- Food cravings and appetite changes
- Social withdrawal
- Poor concentration
Causes: The exact cause of PMS is unknown. But there are several contributing factors, such as:
- Cyclic hormonal changes: The hormones oestrogen and progesterone fluctuate a lot while preparing for a normal menstrual cycle. This fluctuation causes some of the symptoms of PMS.
- Chemical changes: The fluctuation of serotonin, a kind of neurotransmitter (brain chemical), affects the mood, which causes some of the emotional symptoms of PMS. For instance, insufficient serotonin triggers premenstrual depression, insomnia, food cravings and fatigue.
- Depression: If the PMS symptoms are severe, depression could be the underlying cause, though it doesn't usually trigger all of the symptoms.
Treatment: There is no permanent cure for PMS, but a few lifestyle changes and home remedies can work very well for you. Some treatment options include:
- To ease abdominal bloating, drink lots of fluids
- Eat a balanced diet comprised of plenty of vegetables and fruits. Reduce your alcohol, caffeine, salt and sugar intake.
- You can take supplements such as magnesium, calcium, vitamin B-6 and folic acid to reduce mood swings and cramps.
- Take vitamin D supplements to relieve symptoms
- Sleep for at least eight hours in the night to counter fatigue
- Exercise to improve your emotional health and reduce bloating
- Try to reduce your stress as much as you can; read a book or walk to relieve some stress.
Besides, these lifestyle changes, you can take over-the-counter medications such as aspirin and ibuprofen to reduce stomach cramps, muscles aches and headaches. Diuretics (drugs that increase urination) are excellent treatments for bloating and fluid retention. However, consult your doctor before consuming any medication or supplement.