Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Gopika RajeshYour feedback matters!
Sir/mam my weight is 80 kgs now. Is that's the reason for PCO? IF YES THEN HOW CAN I REDUCE MY WEIGHT?
An STD is transmitted by means of physical contact and intercourse. These diseases are caused by parasites, virus or bacteria. Usually, STDs are preventable provided you make the right choices concerning your sexual health. Refraining from sex isn’t a feasible idea at all.
But fortunately there are alternatives too to curb the menace that STDs are:
- Abstain: The most effective way to avoid STIs is to abstain from sex.
- Mutual monogamy: Two people who have sex only with one another don’t have any opportunity to bring a new STD into the relationship. If you and your partner have been tested and are healthy, remaining faithful to each other is a very good way to reduce your chances of contracting an STD.
- Get Vaccinated: One important prevention tool against STIs is vaccination. Currently, vaccines are available to protect against infection with HPV, hepatitis A and hepatitis B. Talk to a healthcare provider to see which vaccines might be recommended for you.
- Protect Yourself: Condoms work really well in stopping most STIs from being passed from an infected partner to another when they are used consistently and correctly every time a person has oral, vaginal or anal sex. Consistently and correctly means that a person makes sure they use a condom every time they have oral, vaginal or anal sex and put it on and use it the right way.
- Avoid alcohol and drug use: Avoiding alcohol and recreational drug use reduce the risk of contracting an STI, having an unwanted pregnancy, or being coerced to have sex. Alcohol and drug use can reduce our ability to make good decisions. It may also make us more likely to be talked into participating in an activity without being able to give our full consent.
Coping and Support
It's traumatic to find out you have an STI. You might be angry if you feel you've been betrayed or ashamed if there's a chance you infected others. At worst, an STI can cause chronic illness and death, even with the best care in the world.
Between those extremes is a host of other potential losses trust between partners, plans to have children, and the joyful embrace of your sexuality and its expression. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
Mother blood group is O+ and father's is O- and pregnancy has been conceived since 1.5 month. Complications is that mother's BP remains abnormal such as last 110/55 and hemoglobin is deficit. She is also bleeding. Doctor advised for abortion. Kindly share your views and knowledge on it. This question asked to gain knowledge on condition, probable solution and precautions. The answer will be consider to satisfy knowledge. And we expect to discuss further on pro basis after primary information.
Hi sir our marriage happened on 28 april 2017. After marriage my wife period date is after 20 may 2017 but till now not comes. So please suggest me is there any major issue or can we wait for some days.
My mom aged 46, has severe pain in the ovaries region (acute pain) both sides during 5th day of her periods. This pain is 2nd time which is seen in her (prev. Pain seen last month during her periods) 1. May I know what mau be the common reason for this? 2. Whom do I consult on the issue? 3. Any precautions suggested?
I have a girlfriend age 18 years old his regular date of period is 30 every month but till she not have periods yet we intimate two times with precautions also check on pregnancy kit it's negative what to do for periods Pl. Kindly advise.
Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency or EPI is also known as pancreatic deficiency, a disorder where the pancreas is unable to produce sufficient amount of enzymes that are required to digest food. The pancreatic enzymes help to break down and absorb nutrients from the food in the small intestine. So, this disease causes nutritional deficiencies.
Causes of Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency :
This condition is generally caused as a complication of other diseases because EPI develops only as a result of severe damage to the pancreas. The following reasons can cause EPI:
- Inflammation of the pancreas: After surgery in the pancreas, stomach or the intestines, there may be inflammation in the pancreas as a post-surgical complication. A high content of triglyceride fat in the blood can also cause pancreatic inflammation and hinder the secretion of the enzymes.
- Chronic Pancreatitis: In this disease, the pancreatic ducts are swollen and blocked and so the digestive enzymes cannot be passed into the small intestine. This condition is often caused by a heavy consumption of alcohol.
- Cystic Fibrosis: The digestive fluids and enzymes become thick and sticky and block the passageways of the pancreas and other organs like the lungs and the kidneys. This can obstruct secretion and passage of enzymes afterwards.
- Shwachman-Bodian-Diamond syndrome or SBDS: SBDS is an autosomal recessive genetic condition where enzyme producing pancreatic cells is not formed properly. This rare disorder causes a number of associated disorders like bone marrow diseases, skeletal defects and exocrine pancreatic insufficiency.
Symptoms of Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency:
Symptoms of EPI often appear in the middle stages of the disease when the process of absorption of nutrients has already been affected. The common warning signs are:
- Digestive problems like gas, diarrhea and indigestion because the food remains mostly undigested.
- Severe and frequent stomach pain in the lower abdominal region
- Greasy stools due to the excretion of undigested fat
- Rapid loss of weight and body mass due to malabsorption of nutrients
- Constantly feeling bloated and full even if you have not eaten anything
- A general sense of fatigue and exhaustion
- Excessive bleeding from small wounds because protein deficiencies hamper blood clotting
- Pain in the muscles and bones
- Increased susceptibility to infections of the body system
- Joint pains
- Abnormal swelling of the limbs or edema
Since m taking ipill from last 4 to 5 years every month my concern is now I want to get pregnant so will I get pregnant or not? Or will it effect my child in future? Reply.
I want one sex arousal tablet. My husband has no mood in doing sex. Its been 3 years . We are not being able to have sex because his penis is not hard. Other levels all ok for him . Sperm count is excellent. This is the last month I am having hope that with same medicine taken he would get mood also and his erection would be long before penetrating and after also he should stay for a while so that We can conceive.
I am 34 weeks pregnant and consulting gynecologist Dr. . On routine checkup found that the pulse rate is around 120 (identified from past 3 weeks) There ia no heart problem in past or in family.
I am a married female. Age 22. I have hypothyroid since 2 years. I sometimes get my tsh level high but never my periods got delayed. But this time it's been 10 days from my date, till now no periods. I am worried. Is there a possibility of menopause?
Zika virus causes a deadly disease called Zika fever or Zika virus disease that spreads by the bite of the Aedes mosquito. The Zika virus is a member of the virus family FLAVIVIRIDAE and is closely related to the dengue, yellow fever, Japanese Encephalitis, and West Nile viruses. It was isolated in the Zika forest of Uganda in 1947 and is known to be prevalent in continents like Africa and Asia primarily, though it’s slowly making headway in the developed world and has spawned the deadly 2015-2016 Zika virus epidemic.
What are symptoms of Zika fever?
People with Zika virus disease can have symptoms which are similar to Dengue, like-
- Red Eye
- Muscle Pain
- Skin Rash
These symptoms usually last for 2-7 days.
Complications of Zika virus disease
According to WHO, Zika virus infection during pregnancy causes congenital brain abnormalities like microcephaly. And the infection can also trigger the Guillain-Barré syndrome. Microcephaly is a condition where a child is born with a small head or the head stops growing after birth and the Guillain-Barré syndrome is a rare condition in which a person’s immune system attacks the peripheral nerves which control muscle movement and sensation.
Even as we read this, intense efforts are being expended to investigate the link between Zika virus and a number of other neurological disorders.
How does Zika spread?
The causes of Zika are:
- The bite of the Aedes mosquito that is infected with the Zika virus. This mosquito is the same that spreads dengue, chikungunya, and yellow fever. It bites primarily in the daytime.
- Unprotected sexual intercourse
- Zika’s transmission through blood transfusion is being investigated.
How can you prevent Zika infection?
Protection against mosquito bites is the most foolproof ways to prevent a Zika virus infection. Other ways to prevent Zika infection via mosquito bites are:
- Just like Dengue prevention, you must cover your body properly, especially during daytime
- Use physical barriers such as window screens or closing doors and windows against the mosquitoes
- Sleep under mosquito nets
- Using insect repellents containing DEET, IR3535 or icaridin
- Take extra care of young children, sick and elderly people
- Cover, empty or clean mosquito breeding sites in and around your house or colony like empty buckets, drums, flower pots and used tyres that can fill-up with water and breed mosquitoes
- Encourage your family and community to support local government efforts to reduce mosquitoes in their localities
- Insist on regular spraying of insecticide for mosquito control in your locality.
For stemming sexual transmission of Zika, the WHO recommends that sexually active men and women be counselled to practice safe sex using condoms. WHO also recommends that people who have come back after travelling from Zika virus zones should be extremely careful in practising safe sex or abstinence for the first 6 months at least, for preventing a pregnancy.
If affected, what is the treatment?
Zika virus disease is usually mild and requires no specific treatment as such.
Infected people are advised plenty of rest, asked to drink enough fluids, and treat pain and fever with common medicines like Ibuprofen. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.
My periods often use to be on the same date every month. But this time it gor delayed for 2 days. I have severe uneasiness on the 1st day & my periods lasts for only one day this time usually earlier ot lasts for 2 days. I am tensed kindly help. I am unmarried age 28.
If a girl take her urine pregnancy test with prega news near to the dates of her periods is there any chance ki results galat bataye?
Sex in pregnancy is generally safe if the couple keeps a few things in mind.
1. Sex in the first trimester or first 3 months is usually avoided, as it is an important time of pregnancy.
2. From 4th month onwards, sex is generally safe.
3. The frequency, position etc. depends upon the patient's comfort levels. There are no fixed rules.
4. In the last month, sex is thought to increase chances of spontaneously going into labor.
5. Physical intimacy must definitely be avoided in certain situations, bleeding or pain during pregnancy, an increased risk of premature labor pains, rupture of membranes and leaking, previous bad obstetric history etc. In the case of doubt, consult with your doctor.
I ma 25 yrs old I had done my surgical abortion dt 26.06. 15, then I had my period after abortion on dated 24.07. 15 but now still second period yet not come pls help me when my second period will come.
Hi. I took I pill (morning after pill) around 20th of august. After 2-3 days I started spotting slightly. It continued till the 4th of september. When I had sex with my partner. I started bleeding post sex slightly. That started the on and off spotting again. On the 7th again, I bleed a little post sex. There was a weird smell to the discharge on the morning of 8th/9th september. Though spotting had stopped somewhat. I was worried it might be chlamydia so I got a vaginal swab test for culture and sensitivity done. I also took an urine pregnancy test with an otc pregnancy kit. I generally have my periods in the first-second week of a month. I am not sure whether I had a really light period due to the morning after pill (spotting) or if it is something else. Can you advice?
Check your sleep quality
Do you wake up with stiffness, numbness, or aches and pains? Do you feel tired when you wake up in the morning? Do you find that you sleep better in hotel bed than your own? These can all be signs that your mattress doesn’t provide the support and comfort that you need and should be replaced
Check your mattress:
Look for visible signs of wear and tear on your mattress. If your mattress looks tired, sagging, lumpy, dented or worn, it is time to retire it.
Check the time:
If your mattress is 7 years or older, a new mattress will likely improve your sleep. Also think of any lifestyle or body changes that may have occurred since you purchased your mattress. If you have gotten married, developed back problems, increased or decreased your activity, then your old mattress may no longer be the best fit for the person you are today.
check with your partner:
If your partner is tossing and turning all night, it probably means your mattress isn’t providing the support they need. And if they are tossing and turning all night, you probably aren’t getting much sleep either. That means the mattress no longer reduces motion transfer like it should.