Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Gopika RajeshYour feedback matters!
Most of the time, vaginal discharge is perfectly normal. The amount can vary, as can odor and hue (its color can range from clear to a milky white-ish), depending on the time in your menstrual cycle. For example, there will be more discharge if you are ovulating, breastfeeding, or are sexually aroused. The smell may be different if you are pregnant or you haven't been diligent about your personal hygiene.
None of those changes is cause for alarm.
Any sudden change to your discharge may indicate a vaginal infection. You should be aware of how your discharge naturally varies throughout your cycle and what isn't normal, but obvious warning signs of infection are:
• a change in colour or consistency
• a sudden bad smell
• an unusually large amount of discharge
• another symptom alongside the discharge, such as itching outside your vagina or pain in your pelvis or tummy
• unexpected bleeding from the vagina
What causes abnormal discharge?
Any change in the vagina's balance of normal bacteria can affect the smell, color, or discharge texture. These are a few of the things that can upset that balance:
• Bacterial vaginosis, a bacterial infection more common in pregnant women or women who have multiple sexual partners
• Chlamydia or gonorrhea (STDs), sexually transmitted infections
• Pelvic infection after surgery
• Pelvic inflammatory disease (PID)
• Trichomoniasis, a parasitic infection typically contracted and caused by having unprotected sex
• Vaginitis, irritation in or around the vagina
• Yeast infections
• Antibiotic or steroid use
• Birth control pills
• Douches, scented soaps or lotions, bubble bath
• Vaginal atrophy, the thinning and drying out of the vaginal walls during menopause
• Cervical cancer
How you are treated will depend on what’s causing the problem
Here are some tips for preventing vaginal infections that can lead to abnormal discharge:
• Keep the vagina clean by washing regularly with a gentle, mild soap and warm water. One can use vaginal wash available in market.
• Never use scented soaps and feminine products or douche. Also avoid feminine sprays and bubble baths.
• Wear cotton underpants, and avoid overly tight clothing.
• After going to the bathroom, always wipe from front to back to prevent bacteria from getting into the vagina and causing an infection.
• Avoid vaginal douching unless recommended by doctor.
Dr. Jyotsna Gupta
#drjyotsnagupta #gynecologist #healthtips #womenshealth
I am having an irregular period. My doctor said it's because of hormonal imbalance. Rest every test is normal. I am taking medicines for this. Would you suggest a proper diet for hormonal imbalance?
Had unprotected sex with my girl and by mistake ejaculated. Just in an hour she took an Ipill. Still are there chances of her getting pregnant?
What kind of exercise may I follow. Am 7 month pregnant and I really need some stretches to avoid stiffness.
Your libido or is very important for having a passionate intimate life with your partner. An enhanced drive is required to have the ultimate experience in bed improving your overall physical experience. There are foods that boost your libido, enhancing your sexual urge. However, some foods are also responsible for restricting your libido, which may result in poor sexual drive and loss of longing to have sex.
Here some common food items from your everyday consumption list, which are responsible for restricting your libido:
- Beans: Beans are usually praised as they are high in fiber and contain antioxidants. However, beans are not considered good for a sexual drive because of being glassy. Beans contain indigestible sugar, which causes gastric issues and lowers your libido.
- Chocolate: Chocolate contains methylxanthines, which makes your skin more sensitive and aroused. However, in spite of acting as an enhancer, chocolate results in fatigue and causes tiredness. Due to fatigue, sexual performance is lowered.
- Fried Food: Enjoying greasy fried foods like burgers and fries should be restricted if you want to have healthy sex. The trans-fat found in fried foods is known to cause a decrease in the male and female libido. The impact of devouring these trans, unsaturated fats results in irregular sperm production in men and meddles with gestation in women. French fries should be avoided before having sex.
- Microwaved popcorn: Microwave popcorn can have severe effects on your libido. The chemicals present in the inner lining of the bags which contain these popcorns is said to cause a lowering of sex drive in men. The acids present such as perfluoroalkyl acids- PFOA and PFOS cause lowering of sperm count.
- Red meat: Regular consumption of red meat makes you consume excessive growth hormone, fats and antibiotics. These decrease natural sperm production and production of testosterone. Loss of sexual drive is caused.
- Potato chips: Potato chips contain trans-fats, which may cause oxidative body damage and disrupt normal hormone secretion. You are likely to gain weight, get tired easily and thus your overall libido will go down.
- Cheese: Cheese is processed with antibiotics and growth hormones. This causes disorder in the natural production of estrogen, progesterone and testosterone. These are the primary sexual hormones, which are related to sex drive. Hence, consuming a lot of cheese is bad for your libido.
- Soya bean: Soya beans can cause disruption and disorder in hormone levels because of the presence of phytoestrogen compounds in it. These compounds try to mimic estrogen and cause lessened energy and sex drive.
A decrease in your libido and sexual drive can be caused from the most common everyday foods that you consume. You should know which foods to avoid, if you want to have a healthy sexual life.