Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Gopika RajeshYour feedback matters!
Seems like every day you hear some nutritional advice either in the media or from friends. Maybe you are reminded of an old wives’ tale that your mother or grandmother told you. Many people just believe everything they hear or read. Let’s separate fact from fiction.
Myth: - A Zero fat diet is excellent
Fact: - No, Some amount of fat is necessary
Myth: - Cholesterol containing foods are the only culprits
Fact: - No, Saturated fats also increase blood cholesterol. The two together have additive effects
Myth: - Only oils need to be cut down
Fact: - No, A total change to a healthy dietary lifestyle is also necessary
Myth: - Plenty of vegetable oils are good
Fact: - No, Moderation in their use must be exercised
Myth: - Safflower and sunflower oils can be taken as much as you want.
Fact: - No, Excess of these oils can decrease “good” cholesterol
Myth: - Vegetable oils do not have cholesterol
Fact: - Yes, But vegetable Oils consumed in excess can cause an increase in total fat intake. Too much of fat in the diet increases blood cholesterol.
Myth: - Starvation and rapid decrease in body weight are good
Fact: - No, Body weight reduction should be gradual, starvation is not the solution
Myth: - One meal a day is good for body weight reduction
Fact: - No, Frequent and small meals are far better.
Myth: - Alcohol is good for the heart
Fact: - No, Alcohol does not increase “good” cholesterol.
Myth: - Only plain sugar increase blood sugar levels
Fact: - No, All carbohydrates can increase blood sugar. Refined foods and sugar increase blood glucose rapidly.
Myth: - Only fat people need to worry
Fact: - No, Even individuals who are normal in weight can have higher body fat and blood lipids.
Myth: - Only vigorous exercises are good.
Fact: - No, Even a long brisk walk will help very much.
Kabhi kabhi meri wife ko chakkar aate hain. Aur usko sar ghoomta mahsoos hota hai. Aisa kyon hota hai. Aisa aksar inter course ke bad feel hota hai.
When I am doing sex with my husband there is so much paining happening in my vagina what kind I do please give solution.
Ovulaion date k Nex day me sex krne se pregnency aaskti Hain? Ovulaion kitne din tk hoti hain? 10th April ovulaion date tha 11th April sex krne se pregnency confirm hain? Patla semen se pregnency aaskti Hain?(Daily sex krne se sperm count quality khrab ho gya mujhe lagta Hain. Semen patla ho gaya)
Me and my spouse are getting ready to have a baby. Please recommend diet and multivitamin tablet for both of us. Thanks.
Hi doc I am 32 years old aur meri shadi ko 4 sal 4 mahine ho gaye hai magar mujhe baby nahi ho raha hai doc ka kehna hai mere dono tube block hai main abhi homeopathic doc ko dikha rahi hun unka kehna hai ke mere uterus me small small glands hai magar phir bhi koi result nahi aa raha hai mujhe periods bhi bohat kam hota hai only 1 day hi rehta hai. Please help
Carom (ajwain) is a crucial herb that is found in all Indian kitchens and is used primarily as a taste enhancer. Carom has numerous medicinal properties that make it beneficial for maintaining a good condition of your health. Dietary regime that utilizes carom on a regular basis can derive a lot of health benefits in the long term.
The following are some of the benefits of carom:
- Acidity- Carom has anti-acidity properties that can prove beneficial in providing relief from the symptoms of acidity and enables you to control your problem your acidity effectively. A solution made from a pinch of salt, carom and lukewarm water, when consumed every morning or post meal on a regular basis, works wonders.
- Asthma- The smoke of carom seeds act as a bronchodilator that is effective in easing the breathing pattern. If an asthma patient utilizes the mixture of carom seeds and jaggery twice daily on a regular basis, it will provide considerable relief from the discomforts that are associated with asthma.
- Diabetes- Carom has medicinal properties that aid you to control your blood sugar level. Consumption of a solution made from a tsp of neem powder, half tsp of cumin powder, carom seeds and a glass of hot milk on a regular basis can help you manage your blood sugar.
- Cold and migraine- Carom can be utilized for the treatment of recurrent and persistent cough and cold. Inhalation of grounded carom seeds is effective in providing relief from constant headache, cold and migraine.
- Stomach problems- Carom seeds have mild alcoholic properties that can be utilized to treat the problem of stomach pain and indigestion. A mixture of carom seed and salt when consumed with a sip of water is effective in providing relief from the symptoms of indigestion and stomachache.
- Menstrual cramps- Application of carom seed oil can help you achieve speedy relief from the discomfort of menstrual cramps. The seeds of carom act as an effective nerve tonic and reduce the intensity of menstrual cramps.
- Sperm count- Carom seeds are effective in increasing sperm count and can also be utilized to treat sexual dysfunctions. Roast a mixture of tamarind kernel, carom seeds and clarified butter; add a tsp of the mixture and honey to a glass of milk and consume it on a regular basis prior to sleep to achieve speedy results. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
I am 27 yrs. Old I got married 6 months back. I got regular periods but this month it was late by 4 days and stays only for 2 days and very less flow. Now I am feeling heaviness, pressure and little pain in lower abdomen. Plzz. Help me out why this happens.
I am suffering from heavy white discharge to not stop from 2 years continuously please help me I take a ayurveda medicine bt no use this problem is no cure.
Hi Pregnancy ke kaunse month tk sex krr sakte hai? Aur pregnancy me bina condom ke sex krne se second child bhi ho sakta hai kya?
I'm 27 years old. I have fibroadenoma in left breast. And I have lump in forearm near elbow in left hand. Is it dangerous? What test I have to do further? Please answer me.
The benefits of aam panna are:
- It helps to improve digestion by fighting with acids of stomach. It is a sure shot (ramban) medicine for gastro intestinal disorders.
- It helps in preventing diarrhoea.
- It is rich in iron and vitamin ‘c’. In order to help in absorption of iron in the body, we take additional vitamin c, but in aam panna, we find iron and vitamin c together. So, it is very good for anemic people and it boosts our immune system.
- It prevents our body to excrete excess salts and iron during sweating. Thus it helps to beat the heat.
- Unripe mangoes are also rich in vitamin b1, 1b 2 etc. These vitamins provide us energy.
- It acts as a tonic increasing our body resistance against tb, dysentery, cholera, anemia etc.
My mother has hb of 7. She has problem of menorrhagia. She has started on cycloreg. What should I do next?
1. First, don’t isolate yourself – When you’re feeling lonely it is hard to go out and be with others who seem to be OK, and don’t really notice how lonely you feel. But putting up a wall and withdrawing from your friends will only intensify that sense of loneliness, and will further undermine your self-esteem.
2. Second, keep yourself busy – Do things that you normally enjoy with others. For example, listening to a band or maybe going to watch a game … or you could always try something that’s new, but interests you! That would allow you to connect in a non-threatening way … as it takes the focus off talking, and off you.
3. Third, be kind to yourself - It’s likely that you regularly beat yourself up, criticise yourself and are unrealistic in the kinds of expectations that you have for yourself. So what, if it goes wrong? You can always try again – just learn what you can from the experience. And notice your successes and the times when it goes well. It’s likely that this happens a lot more than you think!
4. Fourth, recognise that we ALL battle loneliness at times - You’re not some kind of freak – it’s actually quite normal. It something we’ve all known and understand.
5. Fifth, talk to someone you like and trust – It can really help to talk about your feelings with a family member, a friend or counsellor. It relieves some of the painful sense of isolation – and help to get your life back in perspective again.
Her LMP is 12 Dec 2015. After taking her latest ultrasound Dr. told that her placenta is only 3cm above. It should b minimum 5 cm above. Is it a serious issue?
The word ‘ vitamine’ meaning a vital amine was proposed by a polish researcher, Dr. Cacimir funk, in 1911 to designate a new food substance which cured beri-beri. Other terms were proposed as new factors were discovered. But the word vitamin, with the final ‘e’ dropped, met with popular favour.
Vitamins are potent organic compounds which are found in small concentrations in foods. They perform specific and vital functions in the body chemistry. They are like electric sparks which help to run human motors. Except for a few exceptions, they cannot be manufactured or synthesized by the organism and their absence or improper absorption results in specific deficiency disease. It is not possible to sustain life without all the essential vitamins. In their natural state they are found in minute quantities in organic foods. We must obtain them from these foods or in dietary supplements.
Vitamins, which are of several kinds, differ from each other in physiological function, in chemical structure and in their distribution in food. They are broadly divided into two categories, namely, fat-soluble and water-soluble. Vitamins a, d, e and k are all soluble in fat and fat solvents and are therefore, known as fat-soluble. They are not easily lost by ordinary cooking methods and they can be stored in the body to some extent, mostly in the liver. They are measured in international units. Vitamin b complex and c are water soluble. They are dissolved easily in cooking water. A portion of these vitamins may actually be destroyed by heating.
They cannot be stored in body and hence they have to be taken daily in foods. Any extra quantity taken in any one day is eliminated as waste. Their values are given in milligrams and micrograms, whichever is appropriate.
Vitamins, used therapeutically, can be of immense help in fighting disease and speeding recovery. They can be used in two ways, namely, correcting deficiencies and treating disease in place of drugs. Latest researches indicate that many vitamins taken in large doses far above the actual nutritional needs, can have a miraculous healing effect in a wide range of common complaints and illnesses. Vitamin therapy has a distinct advantage over drug therapy. While drugs are always toxic and have many undesirable side effects, vitamins, as a rule are non-toxic and safe.