Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. GopikaYour feedback matters!
I am fat, I increased 20kgs in last month. I increased over weight. How to decrease weight in 1month?
I see swelling on the area just above my penis starts. Lower abdomen. Fews days back I saw a swollen pimple on my lower abdomen which was from inside and was paining whenever I wear belt. But now pimple is gone but the whole pubic area is swollen. Unusually. It concerns me as its bothering me.
My skin is going rough n dark. I lives max time in ground due to my profession. What should I do to save my skin.
Hi Doctor I am suffering from pulp infection and I consult BDS Dentist he suggested to root canal treatment, can I know the details about it and what is the fee for root canal and cost of cap.
I am a engineering student. I gain weight too fast. For that I even hav started skipping meals but still I am unable to control my bulk. Even exercising to my full capacity.
I am suffering from backpain. After scan it is told that stone is formed in kidney i am using cystone tablets. But stil I am suffering from pain occasionally. Please suggest me
I am 21 year men . Pimples in my cheeks (head) and looks freshness. So how I am look clear and fresh .what I want to do .
I do not have lice on my hair but I really want to get rid of the nits in my hair and also I have long hair what should I do? Please suggest a medicine.
During my periods I feel extremely low as if there is no energy left in my body Mild unconsciousness is also felt Should I take any medicines?
I m 30 years old fit person. I m having problem of shivering hand. My hands continuously shiver. I do not even drink. What should I do to get rid of this problem.
I want to know if diabetic type II person can eat curd as it controls sugar level. Secondly can any diabetic person start taking IME 9 tablet for better sugar control without nay side effects? Is it complementary to drugs like Metformin etc?
I have lots of hairs on my body. Can you suggest me some treatment which will solve this problem permanently? I don't want treatments like waxing or similar.
Severe headache, muscle aches and stiffness especially in neck, light sensitivity, no appetite, and dry throat (very thirsty). Feels like flu, but worse than I've ever experience.
The amount of emotional upheaval that periods or no periods (for that matter) can cause is something that every woman is aware of. It is normal to miss your period for different reasons occasionally, but is a concern if this absence persists over long period of time. Although most people are quick to consider pregnancy while dealing with various reasons for missed periods, there are a number of other possibilities as well. They also should be considered in order to take effective precautions and seek proper medical care:
Body weight is responsible for affecting hypothalamus and this may, in turn upset menstrual cycle. BMI level under 18-19 may result in menstrual irregularities since enough estrogen is not created. This is also why underweight women, who suffer from bulimia or anorexia, tend to miss their periods frequently. On the other hand, overweight women may stop ovulating due to increase in the production of estrogen and have infrequent periods. Therefore, it is essential that the body weight is regulated.
Any type of physical or emotional stress is bound to affect your menstrual cycle. This is because, the production of stress hormones in the body increases. Their elevated levels may impair functioning of the reproductive system. Under stressful situations, the body employs its amino acids to assist neurotransmitters to produce stress hormones over sex hormones. As a consequence, the chances of missing your periods increase.
3. Excessive Physical Exercise:
While regular workout is advisable for battling a sedentary lifestyle, overdoing it might cause your body to produce less estrogen and delay your periods. Women, who are into athletics and gymnastics, are more likely to suffer from amenorrhoea. In fact, other aspects of over-exercising, like sleeping less, fasting, and infections also contribute to such irregularities.
4. Breast Feeding:
Prolactin is the hormone that aids in milk production and may also repress ovulation for a while. Many breastfeeding moms may not get their periods for a month or more as a result. But this doesn't do away with your chances of getting pregnant.
5. Food Allergies:
Celiac disease or untreated gluten allergy can directly affect hormone production. They are directly related to your gut health and your adrenal glands. That’s why; they can influence sex hormone production. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
Psoriasis is the condition in which the infected skin cells multiply 10 times faster than the normal rate. During this disease, the normal skin tends to get covered by a layer of dead skin cells, not allowing the skin to breathe. People who suffer from psoriasis face an increased likelihood of contracting other serious medical conditions such as cardiovascular diseases, diabetes, and psoriatic arthritis.
Psoriasis can erupt just about anywhere on the body, but it most often occurs on the scalp, chest, back, elbows, knuckles, and knees. If you have a mild case, the patches may hardly be noticeable. The worst cases produce unsightly patches almost everywhere.
Psoriasis can also affect fingernails and toenails, making them appear pitted and discolored. It can even cause significant joint pain, a condition known as psoriatic arthritis.
Most people who develop psoriasis are initially diagnosed in their teens, twenties, or thirties. The disease follows a very unpredictable course. That first flare-up may also be the last. Or it may signal the start of a lifetime of flare-ups that come and go for no apparent reason. Fortunately, when the lesions disappear, they leave no scars.
Here's a list of following unsafe health conditions created by psoriasis:
- Cancer - People experiencing psoriasis are subjected to an increased risk of contracting certain cancers like lymphoma. A study discovered that people diagnosed with psoriasis have an increased likelihood of 40% to contract cancer than the general population. The reason for this particular risk hasn't been yet understood.
- Kidney disease - According to a 2013 study, published in the British Medical journal people with psoriasis have an increased risk of encountering kidney disorders. Severe and mild psoriasis increases the likelihood of kidney diseases by 58% and 36% respectively.
- Obesity - People suffering from mild psoriasis are 30% likelier to be obese than those who are not. For people diagnosed with severe psoriasis the chances increase by 80%.
- Diabetes and high cholesterol - High levels of triglycerides, total cholesterol and lipoprotein are present in patients with psoriasis, and these patients are 28% likelier to have high cholesterol compared to the general masses. According to a recent study, people with the condition have a 46% increased chance of suffering from Type 2 diabetes.
- Peptic ulcers and mood disorders - In some cases, peptic ulcers are also linked with psoriasis. The reason for this is attributed to inflammation. Psoriasis also leads to mood disorders like depression due to the pain and anxiety arising from the condition
Ayurveda & Psoriasis
As per the Ayurveda outlook, the imbalance of vata and kapha doshas leads to skin disorders, but with the help of certain herbs one can restore the balance of these two dosha. 5 common herbs, which can help are:
- Garlic: Garlic is a blood purifier and helps in treating the skin disorders, which often occur due to impure blood.
- Jasmine: Jasmine is an amazing plant and has great healing properties, as often Jasmine flowers are crushed and their paste is applied on the psoriasis infected parts of the skin.
- Neem: Neem is one of the best detoxification and purification agents known to man and has antiseptic properties as well. Neem has a lot of benefits as it can fight bacterial and viral infections effectively.
- Guggul: Guggul is highly beneficial in treating as it is known as the best vata and kapha balancing herb. It has lipid-lowering and anti-inflammatory properties as well.
- Turmeric: The antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties of turmeric helps in relieving pain, swelling and inflammation associated with psoriasis. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.