Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. GopikaYour feedback matters!
I am 20 years old female. I have dark spots around my mouth from almost 2-3 years. I had used many home remedies or even creams but still these spot haven't gone.
Hi I'm Sumesh, I have many concerns regarding my weight. I only weight around 48 kg. I'm very skinny and I feel very ashamed. What should I do to gain weight. Please help.
My father has just gone under Lipid profile test where his Triglycerides level examined as 611, I know it is very high but please advise is it serious or not and how to lower it down?
I am losing my hair continuously so please help me with some suggestions. Logically I bald my head once in a month is that OK.
I am struggling with the symptoms of pcos like hair growth, skin pigmentation, obesity, infertility, high bp, type 2 diabetes and acne. I am planning to go for bariatric surgery. How much is the cost of bariatric surgery in india? and will this acne, hair growth and skin pigmentation problems be sorted out automatically afterwards. Suggest some of the best surgeons available in india for this type of surgeries and name of economic hospitals too for the same.
My weight is 73 kg and height 171 cms I want to loss my weight at least 5kg what is the best medicine for this.
A blood clot in the leg is termed as Deep Vein Thrombosis or DVT. This blood clot can be fatal, because it usually blocks the passage of blood to the heart by damaging the one way valves of the veins. This can also reach other organs like the lungs, in which situation the case becomes complicated and may also lead to death. There are various ways of preventing the onset of these clots. Follow these points to know more.
- Blood Thinners: Prolonged hospital stay and a major surgery like joint replacement can lead to blood clots in the legs or DVT. Therefore, it is imperative to ask your doctor about a prescription for blood thinners, which can help in better blood flow despite minimal motion in the legs or stiffness.
- Compressions Stockings: If you have been in the hospital for a prolonged period or suffering from leg paralysis, then the risk of blood clots is greater than most others. You can make use of compression stockings, which will help in preventing clots by holding the area tight so that the blood is forced to pump and flow. These should be used every time you are admitted to the hospital.
- Exercise: It is important to keep moving in case you are travelling in a long flight that is over four hours long. Also, you can try certain mild exercises, in case you have a long standing condition of pain or cramping in the leg muscles and joints. From simple toe flexes to muscle strengthening exercises like the heel or towel hook, you can ensure that the tightening action makes your muscle firm so that the blood clots do not have a chance to form. You may also need to lose weight in case you are overweight so that you can alleviate the risk of these clots.
- Water: Staying hydrated is something that we all need to follow in any case, but it is especially important if you are risk of developing blood clots in the legs. Drinking plenty of fluids is a natural way of thinning the blood, especially if you have been in bed or travelling for prolonged periods.
- Loose Fitting Clothing: You may want to wear loose fitting clothing when you are travelling or in the hospital so that you do not end up unnecessarily compressing an area in a way that will be detrimental for the blood flow there. Wearing loose clothing ensures that the blood flow carries on as per its normal routine without any blockages.
It is important to remember the above points so that you keep blood clots in the legs at bay.
Acne doesn't seem to go. Pimples keep appearing. I've used clindamycin gel already doesn't help. Suggest some home remedies.
I M diabetic since 12 years I have heart problem as well I am on insulin once a day I take angispan 2.5 and ramistar, tonact and clopitab a75 I am having sexual problems like stiffness and ejaculation as I am taking heart tablets what type of tablets I can take to improve my sexual problems.
Can you please tell me how to increase my height faster because im being in the same height for the past 4 years & all my friends are taller than me.
I have done CABG heart surgery on 15th of July Now I have pain near soothes and I am not able to breath properly.
I am suffering from fever since 15 daus give me some medicine name and thank you for this information and so on and also cll me on my no. Hahahhaha.
Cataract is clouding of clear natural lens present inside the eye, this is a major cause of decreased vision in elderly. Cataracts can occur in one or both eyes, usually developing very slowly. Things look blurry, hazy, less colourful and less sharp with cataract.
Most cataracts are related to ageing, however many other factors can either increase the rate of formation or cause cataract formation.
Causes of Cataract Formation-
Ageing: Most common cause. As the proteins present in the lens of the eye degenerates over the years ( just like any other organ) cataract is formed. If you are having Diabetes or hypertension, the rate of formation gets accelerated.
Radiation: Prolonged exposure to ultraviolet rays, especially UV-B rays, results in cataract in your eyes. Wearing sunglasses in the daytime helps in slowing down the process of cataract.
Genes: Many genetic disorders can result in congenital cataract ( cataracts present since birth) or early formation. Like in Lowe syndrome or Down's syndrome.
How To Detect Cataract?
Certain signs and symptoms suggest the existence of cataract in the eye. Depending on the type and level of cataract, problems in vision occurs. The main symptom is foggy cloudy vision as if seeing through a dirty glass window.
Other Symptoms are-
- inability to see clearly in bright light (during the day) which becomes better in dim light ( evening and night) and vice versa.
- watery, tired eyes - mild pain in and around eyes.
- yellow tinge in vision
- Halos around light bulbs or bright light.
If you are experiencing above symptoms and having problems in viewing things clearly, consult an ophthalmologist and get your eyes checked.