Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Gopi Krishna
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Gopi KrishnaYour feedback matters!
My baby girl has 8 months now, and her weight is 575GMs only. How to improve her weight. Is there any medicine for weight growth. She don't eat home made mixed cerelac and instant cerelac also she like to drink formula milk and banana only. How to change her habits and how to improve her weight. Please guide me.
My baby is 4.5 months old. He has not done potty from yesterday. Is this normal? Kindly suggest and let me know.
Your kid's weight should be a real matter of concern for you. In today's world, the number of obese and overweight children is increasing at an alarming rate. Gaining excess weight and being obese poses the risk of numerous health problems in children. The disorders are diabetes, heart diseases, asthma and many others. Obese children face a lot of problems in their social lives, are teased and neglected. This causes lack of self-confidence and self-esteem in obese children. They develop a negative body image and depression. However, by taking proper measures, your child can regain normalcy. Eating disorders may also occur in obese children, and they are also likely to develop substance abuse habits.
The major medical conditions that an obese child can face are:
- Type 2 diabetes
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol
- Problems in bones and joints
- Sleep disorders
- Liver and gall bladder disorders
Is your kid having the right weight?
The growth rate in children varies with time and stages. Hence, it is difficult to tell whether your kid is overweight. You should measure your child's BMI to find your answer. BMI or body mass index uses the height and weight measurements of a person to calculate the amount of body fat and is used for screening obesity problems. BMI is effective in general and provides accurate data. In some cases, it may be imperfect. In case your kid has a high BMI for age measurement, other assessments are made to detect obesity. The assessments include skin thickness measurement, diet evaluation, physical activity and family history.
How to check obesity in your kid?
In order to rectify obesity, a lot of changes must be made in a child's regular habits and schedule.
- Food patterns: You should feed your child a wide range of fruits and green, red, orange and yellow vegetables. Having a proper breakfast reduces chance of obesity and should not be avoided. Focus on healthy cereals and fruits. Other than reducing the intake of chocolates, desserts and fried junk food, food items containing hidden sugar should be avoided. Go for low sugar food items. The meal times of your child should be fixed, and this pattern should be followed. Also limit having outside food. Avoid foods, which contain trans fats.
- Physical exercise: Your child should be involved in regular physical exercise or workout. Let them go out of home and exert themselves, as this would keep them fit and away from obesity. For obese children, exercise will burn calories and help in losing weight.
Your kid's weight should really concern you. You should avoid your kid getting obese and make him/her follow all necessary precautions. In case you suspect obesity in your kid, get the BMI measured. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
My child is 1 year old female, She is suffering from frequent loose motion due to heat body, kindly give suggestions to reduce heat, she take bath in hot or cold water?
My 13 yr old daughter is having chronic urinary problem. She has to rush to the washroom every 15-30-45 mins interval. And also having itching and bedwetting since last yr. She has taken several antibiotics and medicines and has been shown to many doctors. They are yet not able to diagnose the reason of her problem. Can any doctor relief my daughter from that problem.
So, what exactly is ADHD and why is it important to you?
ADHD means Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder. So the name itself is self explanatory. So in ADHD there are three major components. One, is inattention. Other is hyperactivity and the last is, impulsivity. Early diagnosis and management of ADHD is very important or else it can ruin your child’s academic or career. So the first symptom of ADHD is inattention. Inattention is not noticeable until the child goes to school.
Most of the time inattention could be neglected at home. In inattention the child might be procrastinating the things, not completing the task, switching from one uncompleted task to another uncompleted task, unable to complete both the tasks. So symptoms can be disorganized, bahut messy rahega child, bilkul he cheezein yahan wahan padi hui hai, systematically kuch dhang se kaam nahi ho pa raha hai use. Then he is not able to focus on certain topic. Teacher padha rahi hai toh ye choti si awaz aayegi toh uska dhyaan wahan jayega, teacher jo padha rahi hai who likh nahi payega theek se, small small mistakes he’ll make, likhte hue bhi ek word gayab ho jayega, ek word mein kahin ek letter gayab ho jayega, kabhi kabhi cheexein bhool kar aane – bhoolna, forgetfulness is also a very common symptom. Pen bhoolke aayega, pencil bhool ke aayega, eraser bhool ke aayega, kabhi kabhi tiffin, kabhi water bottle bhool kar aayega. This is very common.
- Inattentiveness mein ek aur bhi chhez hai jaise ki aap usko bulaoge toh ek baar mein woh aapke taraf dhyaan nahi de payega. You have to call him multiple times. “Arre beta mein ne kitni baar bola, kitni baar mein aap ko yeh sab sunaya. Agar usko aap kuch kaam bolte ho, jaise teen se chaar cheezein ek saath bolte ho toh who saare teen chaar kaam ek saath dhyaan mein nahi rakh pata hai. Koi na koi cheez hundred percent bhoolega. Yeh inattention mein bahut common hai.
- Second one is hyperactivity. Hyperactivity mein child is very hyper, not able to sit in one place, constant fidgeting, squirming in their seat, fidgeting means kuch na kuch movement chalu rahega – haath ka, per ka, kuch na kuch – bina hile beth nahi sakta baccha. Isko bolte hai constant fidgeting and squirming in the seat. Kuch nahi rahega toh seat pe he idhar udhar apne aap mein hona. Yeh sab who baccha aapko karte hue dikhai dega. Hyperactivity mein aur ek cheez, you feel as if uss ke andar motor fix kiya hai, continuously on the move, unable to stop at all.
- The next thing we can see is trouble playing quiet games like Chess or pursuing quiet hobbies, he can not do that. Then, talks excessively, bahut zyada baat karna ki usko stop karna mushkil ho jata hai. And in adult and teenage, this hyperacticity can be seen in the form of inner restlessness. Who andar se restless feel hota hai unko. You may not see that hyperactivity physically but that inner restlessness is there.
- So the third part is impulsivity. Impulsivity is when the child is impatient. He cannot wait for his turn. Queue mein agar khara hai, toh “Arre mera number kyun nahi aa raha hai hai, kyun mein itne der se khara hoon.” If you ask him a question, before completion of the question he will blurt out the answer. “Teacher answer yeh hai, teacher yeh hai.” He can make multiple mistakes for that. Frequently interrupts others. Do bade baat kar rahe ho toh baat khatam hone tak rukega nahi, beech mein aa ke aap ko disturb karega. Aap ko lagega har baccha aisa karta hai but hamesha agar bacha karta rahe toh this is a sign of ADHD.
Kabhi kabhi agar kar raha hai toh it’s okay, jab usko urgency rahega, jab usko kahin jaa na rahega. Starting conversations at inappropriate times is also a sign of ADHD.
So ADHD manage karna kyun zaroori hai?
ADHD mainly do components ko bahut zyada affect karta hai. One is academic and other is socialization. Toh academics mein kaise ADHD kaise harm kar sakega? For example, if your kid has an IQ jisse use ninety percent marks aa sakte hai aaram se but if he is not able to pay attention aur woh studies mein focus nahi kar payega, attention nahi de payega teacher kya padha rahi hai, books mein kya likha hua hai, toh who padhke apne brain mein register nahi kar payega. So attention is first required for registration. Then, again, when he wants to recall it, tab bhi use dimaag shant rakh ke recall karna padta hai. Tab bhi use recall karne ke liye attention chahiye. Toh jo ninety percent ka baccha hai agar usko ADHD hai, according to the severity of ADHD, he can slip down to sixty percent, fifty percent, or forty percent. So aaj kal ki zindagi main ek ek marks ke liye bhi bahut tagra competition hai, you know that. Agar ye competition mein itna agar bacche ka performance kum ho gaya toh this is very dangerous for the career of your child. So time pe ilaaj hona zaroori hai. Doosra behviour mein, socialization mein farak dikhta hai. Agar mein kahin galti karta hoon ya mujhse koi galti hoti hai aur woh mere parents ko, mere teachers ko pasand nahi aayi toh I should be attentive ki mein uss cheez ko dhyaan mein rakhu. Dhyaan mein rakhne ke liye mujhe attention chahiye, “Arre haan mummy ne last time aise bola tha, mummy ko ye pasand nahi aaya tha, teacher ko who cheez pasand nahi aayi thi”. Yeh mere dimaag mein register hona chahiye, yeh register hone ke baad mein jab next time kaam karoonga, tab mujhe who samajh mein ayega ki “arre haan, nahi last time yeh galti kiya tha, mummy ko pasand nahi aaya tha, ab yeh nahi karna chahiye.” But yeh attention he mere paas nahi rahega toh wahi galtiyan mein roz karoonga. Kal bhi maine maar khaaya tha, aaj bhi mein maar khaaonga, aur parso bhi mein maar khaane wala hoon. So this is a part and parcel of life ho jaata hai, aur wahi wahi galtiyaan repeat hoti hai. Toh patient khud ke ilava kissi aur ke bare mein soch nahi pata. Toh woh socialization mein kaafi peeche pad jaata hai.
Is ke treatment part mein kya aata hai?
First is Occupational Therapy jiss mein child ka hyperactivity kaafi hadh tak kum hota hai. Second is parenting techniques ki baccho ko behavioural therapy mein daal kar ke kaise uska parenting kiya jaaye. And third one is medicines. Medicine is a very important part of therapy. Most of the parents ask us ki arre itne chote bache ko medicines chalu karenge, kuch side effects hoga toh, kuch problem hua toh? Minor side effects medicines ke rehte hai but those side effects can be managed with proper consultation. Aur yeh medicines baccho ke liye he banaya gaya hai toh baccho ko yahi dena padega. Baccho ko sardi khaasi ho gaya, baccho ko bukhar aa gaya tabh aap bolte ho ki baccho ko medicine nahi dena chahiye? Agar who baccho ke liye banaya gaya hai toh who baccho ko he dena padega. So hope this discussion is helpful for you and please be proactive and seek help.
Don’t let ADHD destroy your child’s future. For more information, you can contact me on www.lybrate.com.
Thank you very much!
My son age is 3 yrs. His height and weight is 87 cms and 12 kg respectively. please prescribed some medicine to bring him in normal percentile.
My son is 6 years old, doctor has suggested to remove mild enlarged adenoids to be removed through surgery but we are not keen in surgery, is their any home remedies to cure. Please kindly suggest.
Tragedies are a part of life and at some point in life, every person faces them. It may be in different forms like separation, crisis in relationships, financial stress, death of a loved one, some severe disease and many others. Such tragedies can cripple anybody from inside out, but the children can have a devastating effect on their lives. Therefore, it is important that you love and support them during this phase and help them face the situation well.
Here are a few ways of dealing with the effects of tragedies on kids:
- Talk to them, honestly: It is important to assure the kids that they are not alone in this world and should remember that there are many other people who love them. In case of a tragedy, kids usually have a lot of pent-up feelings inside them. You need to talk to them and make them understand that instead of keeping those feelings to themselves, they should talk to you or anyone they trust. Venting out will enable them to relax.
- Act on truth: It is very important to teach the children that no matter what happens in life, there is a chance to start afresh. The kids should be surrounded with people they love, as it will make them feel a little relaxed and open. Also, it is essential for them to know that there’s always hope and not all is lost.
- Remain calm: After a large scale tragedy, your children will usually look up to you regarding, how to react in a situation. Although it is okay for your children to see you sad or in grief, but you should keep as calm as possible and do not react intensely. This will help keep them calm and less anxious.
- Reassure your children about safety: You should make your children understand that they are safe and nothing bad will happen to them. They must be reassured that no harm will come upon them as you are always with them.
- Maintain normal routine: It is essential to give your children a feeling of normalcy. You must try to maintain their normal schedule with the usual dinner time, bed time and school time. You must pay special attention to them to make them feel more secure. You should spend extra time with them and always be there for company and reassurance for any factor.
Children are affected severely by any kind of tragedies as they are fragile and immature. Tragedies disrupt the balance of life, but you must try to make your children feel the crisis as less as possible, so that they get less hampered emotionally. A troubled childhood affects the healthy growing up of a child. Consult an Expert & get answers to your questions!