Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Dr. Gopal M GYour feedback matters!
Sir I am unable to behave as I want to behave with other. I want to change my behavior but I can't do it. And then I feel more nervous to see others reaction. It affects my relationship with other and also my carrier. Help me.
I had a severe headache in one side of my head. This includes some part of my right eye also. What should I do to get rid of it?
I am having headache and pain in my back for a week now. First I think it will go in a week but it dint. I tried all home treatments like move, iodex and also hot water but no effect. What should I do?
I have a problem here inside my throat, I have a feeling not so well. Normally when the time I eat it's ok, but after I shallow finish to eat, they have a pain to my throat, I feel they have some big stone to full my breath its so hurt to breast more pain.
I have acidity problem. When I ate some reach food I suffered in acidity. Please give me a permanent solution.
The adrenal glands, which sit above the kidneys, are very important to your body as they secrete many important hormones. These hormones are required to regulate many functions within the body. The two most important hormones that these glands produce are ‘cortisol’ and ‘aldosterone’. When your body suffers from the condition of Addison’s disease, the glands end up producing very little amounts of these hormones. This will result in many functions in the body being adversely affected.
How do you know your loved one is suffering from Addison’s disease?
Addison’s disease develops overtime and doesn’t happen immediately. However, you would be able to notice some of the following symptoms:
Drop in blood pressure which may result in fainting as well
Development of darker skin due to hyperpigmentation
Development of hypoglycemia or low blood sugar
Unexpected weight loss and a decreased appetite in general
Craving for salt
Irritability and depression
Vomiting, nausea and diarrhea
Muscle and joint pains
Of these, if you start seeing a combination of frequent hyperpigmentation, muscle and joint pains, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, extreme fatigue and unexplained weight loss, you should take your loved one to the doctor immediately as these are telltale signs of Addison’s disease.
There are no ways to self-diagnose this disease as it requires proper medical tests. Some of the medical tests that may be advised for this are:
Blood tests: These are done to measure the levels of sodium, potassium and cortisol in your blood.
ACTH tests: This is a test to determine the exact levels of ‘cortisol’ in your blood and whether it is being produced normally or not.
Hypoglycemia test: This is a test to measure whether adrenal glands are producing enough hormones to regulate insulin. If blood sugar is low, it will indicate problems with the adrenal glands.
Imaging tests: Other tests, such as CT scans may also be prescribed to detect problems within your adrenal glands.
Steps to manage Addison’s disease
Pay regular visits to your doctor: This is very important along with regular tests and checkups as other dependent functions may be damaged and suddenly become life threatening. It may fall on you to take your loved one to a doctor regularly for this reason.
Carry bracelets which have your medical information: If your loved one has a tendency to faint due to the problems caused by Addison’s disease, it is important that you ensure they always carry bracelets with medical information with them. This way, strangers will be able to recognize the problem and get help quickly in emergency situations.
Always keep extra medications: This is a very important point as missing a couple of daily doses and medication can result in sudden deterioration of your loved one's’ condition. Have all other forms of administering medications handy as well such as syringes among others. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Endocrinologist.
Hi i'm 27 years, married person I want to know that when ever I did intercourse I feel joints pain (knee pain and lower back) for next 4,5 days. It happening from last 1 year but these days it's happening very badly.
Hi I am 20 years old I am experiencing left sided neck and shoulder pain going behind my collarbone sometimes It starts after physical activity or exercise and is more on inspiration My ear has a burning sensation too What should I do?
I am 19 years old boy. Sometimes my leftside chest became paining like electric. My weitght is 50kg and height is 5 foot 11 inches. What should I do?
I have small fungal like infection under the foreskin of the penis. The fungus is white in color with very bad stinky odor. Why is this happening? Is it serious. What should I do to get rid of this infection. Please suggest some solution.
My 15-year-old daughter has asthma. What is the effect of using an asthma preventer long-term? I heard that using it for years might cause bone shrinkage. Is it true? Are there any vitamins.
I am having night fall daily what should do to stop it I am getting weak day by day I am suffering this from 5years.
I am suffering from cold and fiver and cough so please give some tips and solutions to overcome this problem and suggest some medicines thank you air.
I am suffering from fever since a week Mild headache, cough Couldn't eat the food to full Feeling weak to do work What could be the problem.
Hi, I am facing severe headache when I am sitting idle, when I am concentrating on work I am not facing any issues. please suggest for any tests.
Although a vegetable, garlic is primarily classified as a spice and is used in many dishes across cultures. However, apart from the pungent smell which is the most known characteristic of garlic, it also has medicinal properties and thus, was even used by healers for various ailments before the advent of modern medicine.
Some of the reasons garlic is considered healthy:
Garlic is considered healthy for a multitude of reasons. Let's look at some of the ailments that garlic can prevent as well as help in healing.
- Great Against Common Cold: Garlic and garlic based homemade treatments are great ways to ward off the common cold. Garlic contains the chemical "allicin" which is known to aid health within the body. Having a few cloves or garlic can help you fight the common cold infection.
- It is Known to Improve Bone Health: Garlic is known to be very beneficial for bone health, especially in menopausal women. Women may encounter bone loss during menopause as the production of estrogen is lowered. Garlic encourages estrogen production which can stop bone loss and even protect against bone problems such as osteoarthritis.
- Is an effective agent in Lowering Blood Pressure: Hypertension is a known killer all across the world. Garlic contains polysulfides which are effective in vasodilation or the widening of the blood vessels and also relaxation of the muscles. This helps blood pressure being lowered within the body and is an effective home remedy if consumed in controlled amounts.
- Reduces Fatigue and is a Performance Enhancer: Garlic is known to reduce fatigue within people as it controls the heart rate by lowering blood pressure. Whether it is an athletic performance or other physical work related performance requirements, this spice tends to give an extra boost.
- Controls LDL Cholesterol, thereby reducing chances of Heart Disease: LDL cholesterol, also known as bad cholesterol, is controlled by allicin as it improves liver functions. The liver can then break down LDL cholesterol easily and thus also helps in preventing arteriosclerosis. Garlic is also known to prevent blood clots that lead to heart attacks.
- Garlic has anti-parasitic and anti-bacterial properties: Garlic has been known throughout the ages to be an effective anti-bacterial and anti-parasitic agent. Garlic extracts or small amounts of garlic in your diet can help you build up immunity and also kill infections within your system effectively. It is also known to be very effective against tapeworm infestations within the gut. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.