Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ear-Nose-Throat (ENT) Specialists in India. You will find Ear-Nose-Throat (ENT) Specialists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ear-Nose-Throat (ENT) Specialists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Csf Rhinorrhoea Repair Surgery
Ear Microsurgery Procedure
Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Micro Laryngeal Surgery
Reconstructive Middle Ear Surgery
Revision Ear Surgeries
Revision Ear Surgery
Treating Deviated Nasal Septum
Surgery For Snoring
Surgery For Snoring And Sleep Apnoea.
Assistive Listening Devices
Auditory Processing Procedure
Balloon Sinuplasty Treatment
Cochlear Implants Procedure
Cysts Removal Procedure
Earlobe Correction Procedure
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Gladson Guddappa UchilYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Gladson Guddappa Uchil to be knowledgeable, helped me improve my health and sensible. This is correct answer i have got from uh. thank u doc!
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Gladson Guddappa Uchil to be very helpful. Thanq sir..i will meet doctor...any problems in my ear sir
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Gladson Guddappa Uchil to be very helpful. Thanks for the suggestion sir
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Gladson Guddappa Uchil to be knowledgeable. Thank you sir
R Sai Kumar
Dr. Gladson Guddappa Uchil provides answers that are very helpful. thanks
An estimated of 10 percent or more children snore for more than 1 night. Snoring results from the obstruction of breath when the air makes its way through the mouth. The air passage of the throat through which the air goes in and out causes the tissue to vibrate causing snore. The sound of the snore totally depends on the amount of air passing through the mouth and the frequency at which the throat is vibrating. Children above the age of three years tend to snore when they are deep in sleep.
Primary and secondary snoring:
Children who are otherwise healthy should not have a snoring problem unless there is some health disorder. However, if loud snoring is observed in otherwise a perfectly healthy kid, seeking medical help is a wise thing to do. In general, primary snoring is defined as a condition which is not associated with other sleep-related disorders such as lung disorder, OASS, inability to sleep for a longer duration etc.
It is estimated that close to three percent of the children suffers from breathing problem while sleeping. OSAS is a condition which is characterised by pauses in breathing and gasps along with loud snores. There could be instances where a kids’ muscle relaxes way too much obstructing the air to pass through. The body and the brain are both alerted at this stage. As soon as the brain sends a signal, the body wakes up. Thus, most kids suffering from this disorder are not able to sleep well and tend to feel tired throughout the day.
Common causes of sleep apnea:
Sleep apena is a major cause of snoring. It can be caused because of allergies, obesity, gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) etc. In children sleep, apnea can also be caused by tonsil. Since the tonsil size of children less than 7 years of age tends to be bigger than adult individuals, it causes snoring related problem. Swollen tonsils not only obstruct air but creates other health related problems as well.
Symptoms of sleep apnea during the day and night:
- Loud snore
- Snorts, gasps, pauses during sleep
- Heavy sweat during sleep
- Social and behavioural problems
- Failure to get up in the morning
- A nasal voice
- Easily irritated, cranky and aggressive
The first thing a that a doctor does is a physical exam followed by observing the symptoms of a kid. Primary snorting can be addressed by physical exercise, counselling and breathing exercise. Problems related to apnea are addressed through medicine, counselling, and exercise. Certain dietary restrictions also needed to be followed during this time. However, apena is completely treatable within a certain time frame.
Good day to you. I have severe throat infection along with high fever. I was advised to take augmentin 1g twice a day. Is this prescription safe? I mean isn't one tablet a day (1g) enough, or should I take twice a day?
Sir j am suffered from nasal polyps and a bone have increased in nose which should be cut via operation as doctor advice.
I already know about this problem and this has been treated. But somehow other side effects are bothering me. I just wanted to know how safe is laser therapy for facial hair.
Hi this is chaitanya my daughter has 4 years and she has tonsils problem my daughter said 'it is is 4th stage so baby suffers alot so you need to go for operation" is it correct age for operation.
I am suffering from tonsillitis and sore throat and fever 101.5.which fruit juice is most helpful and how to cure tonsillitis as soon as possible.
In my ear all time a ringing wistle bilkul patli siti wistle full brain ringing banti hai what I do now help me all time I hear this sound at silent raat mai or jada sunai deti hai bahut paresan hu is awaaj sa kaan ko jab band karta hu to feel hota hai mere kaan k bilkul kahi andar baj raha hai.
Sir mere left nose ke bone thore tede hai but doctors ne Muje infectionki medicine de hai alegra120 mg or montair lc hai. Lekin Muje samaj nahe aa raha ke dawaye ka asar kyo nahe ho raha 7 Din se le raha hu. Sirf otrovin se he aram mila hai. Muje puchna hai me agar bone thore tere hai tho Kya Otrovin se aram mile sakta hai ya nahe. Ya fir jo mere nose block ho rahe hai oo infection se as he ho rahe hai.
Hi, my problem started with white chunks from my mouth. And I started feeling lump like thing in my throat. After consulting ent doctor, she told that white chunks are "tonsil stones" and lump like feeling might be due to GERD. After taking medicine its reduced and it started again after few days. I use to feel something in my throat all the time. I don't feel any heart burn. Can any one please suggest what is the problem and whom to consult?
I am suffering from tonsils. What is the tool get relief from the disease as whole body is paining and there is a problem in swallowing things.
I have a small nevus on my face, and I want to remove it. Is it possible to remove it? If it is then we have to go for laser or surgical? What are the charges for it?
My age 25 and I have a problem of tongue tie. I want it removed. What will be the cost and time for its surgery?
Its been 2 weeks I had a septoplasty and turbinate reduction surgery. So one thing I noticed that doctor has not removed the bony spur on right due to which I had breathing problems. When I asked him he said he has changed the angle of spur and we cannot remove it. Is it so? And I am still facing breathing problems. How long it will take to recover completely? Shall I eat/drink cold stuff like cold-drink or ice cream?
I am severely affected by nasal allergy from last 30 years caused by dust mites and moths. Please help.
I consult so many ENT hospitals. I already done sinus operation but I am suffering again sinus pleas give me suggestions.
I have dry cough. I cough again and again. I feel like something is tingling inside my throat and that is instigating the cough. I got this when I had fever in Feb. A mild fever. But it is not going away. Kindly prescribe some medicine.
Hi Left side hole of my nose is always blocked. When left side is open then right side hole gets Blocked. Ent doctor told me about an operation bcoz my nose have a small curve. Can I cure it without operation. I have allergy to dust. Help me.
Ear discharge may occur due to several reasons. Injury or trauma to the ear canal, a ruptured ear drum or an infection in the middle ear may be the most common causes of ear discharge. Eczema, swimmer’s ear and other skin irritations may also lead to this problem. While there are some simple home remedies to treat this disorder, always consult an ENT specialist if the discharge does not stop after the application of those treatments. Let us look at some common ways to treat this disorder.
- Use gravity: While this method does not treat ear discharge per se, it does help in draining the fluid build-up in the ear. Just lie down on your side keeping the affected ear parallel to the ground. Use your finger to create a vacuum inside your ear and drain the fluid inside it. The finger must be clean. You can also use a cotton wad for this purpose. Another way could be by simply lying on your side with a towel under your ear.
- Use a warm compress: This treatment promotes the flow of ear discharge to its outer part, thereby alleviating the pain. Dip a clean piece of cloth in warm water, wring the cloth as much as you can and then place it around your ear for 2-5 minutes. Lie down on your side.
- Inhale steam: Inhaling steam, opens up the Eustachian tube, thereby promoting the flow of the trapped ear discharge. Simply mix a little bit of eucalyptus oil with some water, boil the mixture and inhale the steam. Tilt your head to one side so that the fluid drains out. Do this exercise for 5-10 minutes. Cover your head and the water with a towel to prevent the steam from escaping. Repeat this exercise as needed.
- Use vinegar and rubbing alcohol mixture: Vinegar and rubbing alcohol have excellent anti-microbial properties. Mix equal parts of white vinegar and rubbing alcohol. Put some drops of the mixture in a dropper. Lie down on your side with the infected ear upwards. Insert some drops of the solution with the dropper in your ear. Wait for 10 minutes and then drain out the ear discharge by tilting the infected ear to the other side. Repeat this exercise twice a day for better results.
- Use garlic oil: Crush 2-3 garlic cloves and extract its oil. Use a dropper to put 2-3 drops of this extract into your affected ear. Tilt the head to one side so that the juice settles down. Now hold a dryer next to the infected ear and let the warm air blow inside it. Repeat this exercise twice a day for better results.