Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Facial Cosmetic Surgery
Surgery For Snoring
Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Surgery For Snoring And Sleep Apnoea.
Obstructive Sleep Apnea Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Gladson Guddappa UchilYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
In the past i consulted so many doctors, but nobody was able to help me with my coughing, but Dr Gladson Guddappa Uchil has helped me immensely. I was shocked to experience the symptoms of coughing. The overall atmosphere in the Healthcareris very soothing. He is one of the best physicians in Bangalore.I am quite benefitted with the coughing treatment.
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Gladson Guddappa Uchil to be knowledgeable, helped me improve my health and sensible. This is correct answer i have got from uh. thank u doc!
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Gladson Guddappa Uchil to be very helpful. Thanq sir..i will meet doctor...any problems in my ear sir
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Gladson Guddappa Uchil to be very helpful. Thanks for the suggestion sir
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Gladson Guddappa Uchil to be knowledgeable. Thank you sir
Dr. Gladson Guddappa Uchil provides answers that are sensible. Ok thanks sir
R Sai Kumar
Dr. Gladson Guddappa Uchil provides answers that are very helpful. thanks
Can Otrinoz (tm) 0.1% Adult (xylometazoline hydrochloride and sorbitol nasal drop) can be used for dry and blocked nose. Since m feeling dryness and dry cough at upper aide of nose. Plse advise.
Hello team of ent doctors I am using iic oticon hearing aid is there any medicine launching for hearing loss plss suggestions always humiliate in frontvof people with hearing aid.
Virus is the most common cause of pain in the throat or sore throat and it is often accompanied by cold symptoms like running nose, red watery eyes, cough and sneezing. Smoking, irritants in the air and pollution are the main causes of sore throat. It becomes very difficult to swallow food in such a condition when an individual experiences pain, itchiness or irritation in their throat.
The main causes of occurrence of sore throat include:
- Leukemia in exceptional cases
- Bacterial as well as Viral Infection as in Common Cold
Symptoms of Sore Throat:
- The Nasal passages get blocked
- Inability to gulp down food
- Severe pain in the throat which is followed by coughing
- Lymph glands get swollen
- Fever is followed by Chills
When to Visit the Doctor
It is very important to visit your doctor, if the pain in the throat lasts for longer time and it is accompanied by symptoms like joint pain, difficulty in breathing and fever. The primary symptom of sore throat is pain in the throat and other symptoms like hoarseness and white patches on the tonsils also occur under this condition. People of all age groups can get affected with this condition, but it affects mostly children and smokers. People with weak immune system and suffering from allergies are also prone to pain in the throat. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ent Specialist.
Last year I got a tonsil stone and by doing gargle and all it got removed after some months now last month I got a tonsil stone again and my throat stays sore every time what to do.
A blocked nose is not only annoying, but extremely discomforting. Several reasons can be held responsible for it and common cold is certainly not the only one. Some other reasons include:
Therefore, the remedial measures for blocked nose vary, depending on the cause that led to it. Some of the ways by which you can redress this problem are:
- Use a humidifier: Sinusitis is often held responsible for a clogged nose, a condition that is almost always accompanied by severe pain. In such a situation, placing a humidifier in a room proves to be extremely beneficial. This machine treats blocked nose by converting the water to moisture. This fills up the room and significantly increases the humidity of the room. Therefore, when you breathe, the humid air soothes the inflamed blood vessels in the nose and helps you to breathe properly.
- Take a hot shower: When you find it difficult to breathe, a quick hot shower can go a long way in curing the discomfort. The logic that operates is the steam generated from the hot shower thins the mucus and also considerably reduces the inflammation in the nose, allowing you to breathe normally.
- Drink lots of water: Though the suggestion may seem incredible, drinking water actually helps in unblocking that blocked nose. When you drink a lot of water, the mucus in the nostrils is thinned, at the same time it pushes back the accumulated fluids, thereby curbing the condition of blocked nose.
- Using a saline spray: This is one of the most ancient and trusted ways of treating blocked nose. By administering a saline or a nasal spray, the moisture in your nostrils increases and radically diminishes the inflammation.
- Use warm compresses: Using a warm compress has been the most reliable form of medication in times of high temperature and also at times of blocked nose. The compress that was dipped in hot water, when placed on the nose and forehead helps to unblock the nasal passages. The soothing effect of the warm compresses reduces the inflammation and facilitates the process of breathing.
I have heavy pressure on nose, a localized pain on top of head and tightness on shoulders and neck muscles. Get occasion al dizziness.
Hey, I've been thinking of considering rhinoplasty for a few years now, I'm soon going to be 17 (Male) and my nose is very large. Enough to spoil my looks and is the most noticeable part of my face. I am writing here so I could understand if my nose can positively be rectified through plastic surgery and what would be the estimate cost for it. It would be great if you could give me an estimate cost of the surgery before any appointments so I can discuss it my parents to move forward. Hopefully I could get a few answers from experienced surgeons so it could give me an idea. Thanks a lot!
I am suffering from ethmoidal nasal polyps for the last 20 years. I have been operated already three times. Once again same position I.e blocked nose with zero smelling power. How can it be cured without operation. Can I regain my smelling power.
An estimated of 10 percent or more children snore for more than 1 night. Snoring results from the obstruction of breath when the air makes its way through the mouth. The air passage of the throat through which the air goes in and out causes the tissue to vibrate causing snore. The sound of the snore totally depends on the amount of air passing through the mouth and the frequency at which the throat is vibrating. Children above the age of three years tend to snore when they are deep in sleep.
Primary and secondary snoring:
Children who are otherwise healthy should not have a snoring problem unless there is some health disorder. However, if loud snoring is observed in otherwise a perfectly healthy kid, seeking medical help is a wise thing to do. In general, primary snoring is defined as a condition which is not associated with other sleep-related disorders such as lung disorder, OASS, inability to sleep for a longer duration etc.
It is estimated that close to three percent of the children suffers from breathing problem while sleeping. OSAS is a condition which is characterised by pauses in breathing and gasps along with loud snores. There could be instances where a kids’ muscle relaxes way too much obstructing the air to pass through. The body and the brain are both alerted at this stage. As soon as the brain sends a signal, the body wakes up. Thus, most kids suffering from this disorder are not able to sleep well and tend to feel tired throughout the day.
Common causes of sleep apnea:
Sleep apena is a major cause of snoring. It can be caused because of allergies, obesity, gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) etc. In children sleep, apnea can also be caused by tonsil. Since the tonsil size of children less than 7 years of age tends to be bigger than adult individuals, it causes snoring related problem. Swollen tonsils not only obstruct air but creates other health related problems as well.
Symptoms of sleep apnea during the day and night:
- Loud snore
- Snorts, gasps, pauses during sleep
- Heavy sweat during sleep
- Social and behavioural problems
- Failure to get up in the morning
- A nasal voice
- Easily irritated, cranky and aggressive
The first thing a that a doctor does is a physical exam followed by observing the symptoms of a kid. Primary snorting can be addressed by physical exercise, counselling and breathing exercise. Problems related to apnea are addressed through medicine, counselling, and exercise. Certain dietary restrictions also needed to be followed during this time. However, apena is completely treatable within a certain time frame.