Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Gita Ganguly Mukherjee
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Gita Ganguly MukherjeeYour feedback matters!
Sir please bataye mujhe kya karna hoga sir mai raat bhar so nhi pati hun. Sir mera dono stan fhul gya hai iska thik hone ka koee upay bataye please sir mujhe darr hai kanhi mai pregnant to nhi ho gyee hun. Sir mujhe wo nirdhok goli ka name bataye jisme side effect na ho sir please help me.
Helo doctor yesterday I had a ultrasound in which I got my baby weight is 2 kg 400 gms. I am actually 35th week pregnant and my 9th month is going on. Doctor did not said me directly that baby weight is low according to 35th week but indirectly my doctor suggested me to take more good diet. Dear sir pls do suggest me if my baby is really weak.
I am an unmarried woman. I have not got my periods fr 2 months. Got brown discharge fr 2 days last week. Previously had normal cycles. Had a similar problem during my exam preparations 2 years back. Now also I am preparing fr my pg entrance. Wat to do next?
I have irregular periods. I have piles, constipation, hairfall problem. I'm overweight also. What should i do?
I am married. I have regular period. I am trying to conceive. My last period date april 16. I miss my period still. I check UPT. It was negative. Wat will I do?
Please suggest me a medicine to delay the periods as I have to go to a religious place and how many times it till to taken and for how many days? My periods will start from 16th.
I am Dr. Vishakha Munjal. I am a laparoscopy surgeon and infertility specialist. Today, I am going to talk about the role of laparoscopy and hysteroscopy in treating infertility.
Today, infertility has almost become an epidemic. This is because of multiple reasons like late marriages, late planning of pregnancy, various diseases like tuberculosis and pelvic infections which affect the fallopian tubes and cause their blockages. Then there is a certain disease like Endometriosis and fibroids which are at times the reason for infertility. These days’ lifestyle changes and an increase in stress level is also one of the reasons for ovulatory dysfunction and decreased sperm count. Couples facing infertility should consult an experienced gynecologist to understand the reason for infertility and how best it can be solved. Laparoscopic and Hysteroscopic surgeries can greatly help in diagnosing as well as many factors of infertility, thus, helping a woman to conceive naturally. Also, certain conditions like fibroids, endometriosis, and tubal factors need to be treated prior to IVF to increase the success rate of IVF else the woman will undergo multiple cycles of IVF and will get no results. So, it is very important to treat disease prior undergoing IVF.
The major Fertility Enhancing Surgery is Fibroid Removal, which is also called Myomectomy. Almost, any size of the fibroid can be taken care of laparoscopically. Compared to an open surgery, Laparoscopic Myomectomy has lesser blood loss and leads to lesser addition formation. It is also less painful for the patients. Patients can return back to work more quickly and they can plan for pregnancy also more quickly. Then, there is Endometriosis which is a chronic painful condition which causes severe pain during periods and during sex along with fertility. It is one of the major reasons for infertility in today’s age. It is also associated with cyst formation at times which is called the chocolate cyst. Laparoscopy is a gold standard for treating Endometriosis. After Endometriosis, a woman gets not only relieve her pain but also she is able to conceive quickly. Then there are variances which are a hindrance for conception. Any size of the ovarian cyst can be treated laparoscopically.
First of all, get a histopathological diagnosis to rule out any malignancy in the cist as well as we remove the hindrance which is coming in the way of conception. Then, talking about tubal factors, tubal blockage at any level can be treated laparoscopically and if the blockage is at the starting of the fallopian tube then there are very fine cannulas available along with guide wires available which we used to cannulate the fallopian tubes and this can be done very effectively and it increases the chances of conception naturally. Now, let me talk about hysteroscopy. Well, hysteroscopy is a small telescope which is passed into the uterine cavity to see the cavity from inside for any pathology and to see the opening of the fallopian tube. Certain factors like presence of a fibroid, a polyp, a polyp is a sort of growth inside the uterine cavity, a septum which is like a wall causing a partition inside the uterine cavity. They all can be removed hysteroscopic ally, once this thing is removed hysteroscopic ally, the chances of the conception of a woman in creases greatly. All in all laparoscopy and hysteroscopy are a boon for infertility management. Laparoscopy is technically as much superior procedure than an open surgery. Since it is done through small punctures it is cosmetically very appealing, it causes less pain, less blood loss, less hospital stay, early recovery and early return to work for a patient.
If you wish to contact me for any laparoscopic enhancing surgery or infertility related problems, you can contact me at MediClinic, E16 Lajpat Nagar 3. Thank you.
Hot and spicy foods can numb your senses, quite literally! In every nook and corner, you will find people salivating over hot and spicy foods. For long, people were of the belief that such foods only harm your system, inviting unwanted health complications and disorders. Most parents try their best to keep their children away from such foods. But every cloud has a silver lining. Hot and spicy foods are not only about the cons.
Unfortunately, not many people are aware of the health benefits of hot and spicy foods. This article is an attempt to aware the readers of both the pros and cons of hot and spicy foods.
Health benefits associated with hot and spicy foods:
Hot and spicy foods, when consumed in moderation can work wonders for your system. Chillies, peppers, spices, the main ingredients which spice up a dish have many health benefits.
- Endorphins are your feel-good hormones. Together with serotonin, the hormones help to keep stress, anxiety, and depression at bay. They are great mood enhancers. Chilli peppers tend to elevate the levels of both these hormones in the body, helping you to fight stress better. Capsaicin, an important active component of chilli peppers has many advantages.
- It plays a pivotal role in lowering the flu symptoms.
- It has anti-carcinogenic properties.
- It comes as a relief for people suffering from stomach ulcers. Capsaicin effectively gets rid of the bacteria H.pylori, which causes stomach ulcer (in most cases).
- It also helps in lowering and maintaining the blood cholesterol level.
- If you have been struggling to lose weight, then capsaicin is what the doctors have just advised. It acts as a catalyst, accelerating the metabolism, thus enabling the body in rapid burning down of calories.
- In general, having spices in your diet elevates the HCl secretion in the stomach, thereby improving the overall digestion process.
- Research suggest spicy foods can bring about a remarkable improvement in the circulation process.
- Spicy foods may be a blessing for your heart. As per research, spicy foods go a long way in lowering the cases of strokes or heart attacks.
An excess of anything is bad. With merits come the demerits.
- Heartburn is common in people who eat very hot and spicy foods.
- Very spicy foods can cause stomach problems, including a stomach upset, stomach pain, and in extreme cases, even diarrhea.
- If you are a night owl by force (sleep does not come easily to you), spicy foods will only worsen the situation. Having hot and spicy foods for dinner, or just before retiring to bed is sure to doom your sleep.
- Extremely spicy foods can cause inflammation of the lining of the stomach, resulting in Gastritis.
- People who love eating very spicy foods are more likely to suffer from acid reflux problems. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.