Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Girish. V
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Dr. Girish. VYour feedback matters!
I have pain in center of my head and feel like heavy. About 3-4 day in a week. And I feel memory loss day by day. Please kindly suggest me what I do? Thanks in advance.
I am suffering constipation last 12 months. I used so many medicines but no result. I think no effect in my body of all medicines. What I can do for normal.
Hi I had piles I went to homeopathy treatment and I used medicines for past 3 months then it was reduced and bleeding is stopped but suddenly after 2 months today I got bleeding what I have to do.
Hearing is an essential process in everyone's life. Be it your social life or professional activities, hearing influences every aspect of your life. You can thus, never ignore the health of your ears to enjoy a healthy life. But there are several hindrances to obstruct effective hearing. One of the problems is the accumulation of a natural substance called cerumen produced by the glands present in the ear canal. The accumulated cerumen is medically referred to as Earwax. Over production of cerumen is mainly triggered by the deficiency of Omega-3 fatty acids, zinc and magnesium.
The basic function of the wax is to protect the ear canal from invasion by foreign particles like bacteria and dust particles. This is necessary for the smooth functioning of the ear and its protection from invaders. However, it becomes an irritating problem when the earwax is produced in excess. The problem aggravates when the ear canal is blocked due to accumulation of earwax. In such cases, we use certain objects such as bobby pins, Q-tips or cotton swabs to clean the accumulated earwax from the ear canal. What we do not realise is that pricking the wax using these objects can sometime cause significant damage to the ear. These objects push the wax deep inside the canal, leading to blockage.
The most common symptoms of excessive earwax are as follows:
- Developing a fullness feeling in the ears
- Loss of hearing on temporary basis
- Noises inside the ear
Here are the preventive measures to remove ear wax blockage:
- In order to prevent blockage of ear wax, try keeping it moist by frequently running water into your ear while taking a bath. This will prevent the ear wax from getting dried up so that it doesn’t get blocked in the ear canal. Make sure, you drain the water from the ear after running it for some time.
- Don’t use any pointed objects inside the ears as it can cause ear infection while pushing the wax deeper.
- Avoid inserting cotton swabs or ear buds into the ear canal. You can use them to remove exposed ear wax at the ear opening, but don’t push them deep inside the ear canal. It can push the excess ear wax inside the ear canal, thereby resulting in to an impact.
- Don’t use candle ear wax remover. Ear candles are another method to remove ear wax, but it can be really dangerous as you need to hold the lighted candle very close to your ear. It can even burn your ear.
- Don’t use cold water or a strong jet to drain out the excess ear wax. Strong jet can lead to the damage of the ear drum while cold water may result into dizziness.
- Avoid using any other method to remove ear wax at home, such as suction.
- Don’t use any type of acidic liquid in order to soften the ear wax.
- Omega 3 fatty acids are good for mitigating the problem of ear wax. So, include walnuts, avocados, salmon, albacore and ground flax seed in your diet.
- Consult a doctor if the problem persists even after using home remedies. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ent Specialist.
Varicocele is a condition that affects the veins of the scrotum in about 20% of adolescent males and 15% of adult males. The scrotum is a sack-like structure that holds the testicles in the men. Apart from the testicles, the scrotum also contains arteries and veins that supply to the testicles. In case of a Varicocele, the veins get affected and this results in their swelling.
Varicocele is very similar to varicose veins that happen in the feet. The Spermatic Chord that carries blood from and to the scrotum contains valves that regulate the blood flow. Certain unknown causes tend to make these valves malfunction and cause an irregular flow and widening of the vessels.
It has been seen that Varicocele affects the left side of the scrotum more than it does on the right.
Varicocele sometimes does not show any signs and symptoms. It does not mean that it is something that need not be paid attention to. This condition can cause a number of complications and usually comes with the symptoms such as discomfort that varies in intensity depending upon your posture and physical exertion, and impairment of fertility.
Varicocele, if not treated well, in some cases may manifest into certain complications in the later life. The most common problems that stem out of this condition are:
- Testicular Atrophy – This is a condition where the affected part of the testicle shrinks in size. The exact cause for this complication caused by varicocele is not clear, but it is believed that the pooled blood due to the malfunctioning valves tends to affect the testicles by increasing the pressure in the veins present in it and also causes an exposure to toxic materials present in the blood, hence damaging the organ further.
- Infertility – This is the biggest concern related to varicocele. The excess blood accumulated in the testis increases its temperature which does not favour the sperms in a number of ways and adversely affects their movement, formation and even functioning.
CORRECTIVE MEASURES AND TREATMENT
Varicocele can be fixed surgically in two methods – varicocelectomy and varicocele embolization. Both of these procedures target at preventing the blood from flowing into the faulty blood vessels and rechanneling them through the other properly functioning vessels present. Apart from this, patients suffering from this condition can also wear tight underwear or jock straps to provide extra support and prevent stress on the blood vessels.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!