Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. GirishYour feedback matters!
I am 56 yrs old. Is walking and climbing steps okay for arthritis ? daily I have to do both as I am a working woman.
My right leg knakle got suppressed while playing and got heavy pain. I'm sure that it is not fractured but my joint is not free till now please help me.
I am 24 years old man and I have ankle problem. When I walk about 2-3 km then I got pain in my ankle.
My age is 29 when I getup in morning my sole pains very much I can not touch my right leg to ground later day the pain is less but still pains little can you tell what treatment to be taken.
Hii. Exactly 1 years back I got my knee joint sprain. Had scanning showed anterior cruciate ligament thickness tear. Asked me to do regular physiotherapy. But sometimes sudden movement causing severe pain due to slight sprain. Can you please provide any home treatment to avoid this.
I'm 16 years old female and I have neck ache. I tried many treatments but did not get rid of my neck ache. What should I do?
My daughter suffering from lower chronic pain. She did not walk because of pain. The X Ray Report as under Lumbo-sacral spine appears straightened. Disc space between L5-S1 is decreased. Bony density.
My age 47. My weight 78. My left knee feeling pain when climbing stare case for last 5 months. What is the medicine
Hi sir good afternoon i'm srisailam sir I am suffering from joint pain from past 3 weeks what would be the reason.
Hello. I am 55 Years, Male. Suffering from Rheumatoid Arthritis for last 20 years. Already right TKR is done in 2006. Now suffering for left knee. I am consuming Medicines regularly like Caltin D (500), Cyra (20), Omegacheck, HCQS (300), Naprocine or nimesulide or Diclofenac etc. Now a days I am feeling very exhausted in full day. Not feeling fresh at all. Also energy level has gone very low. Even sex power is being reduced. I can not play good in bed. Pl. Suggest if any herbal, food supplement or medicine to enhance my total energy. Is there any instant medicine / pills for increasing sex power.
I daily use jogging on treadmill since 2 years and previously player of badminton. Today after a span of six months I played two games of badminton. I got upper thigh pain from front side where leg joints to trunk. Please recommend remedy and possibilities of causes.
I ma from Hyderabad I work for bpo on daily basis I will sit for more than 9 hrs on system and work. From last 2 years I am getting back pain severely please suggest me.
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome is a painful one that is born from a strain on the median nerve, which loops through the wrist bone to connect it with the rest of the hand and fingers so as to promote motion. This condition can be a painful and debilitating one that usually starts at night, and affects the various fingers, especially the thumb and index finger. The symptoms include numbness, a tingling sensation, a weak grip, and the inability to do many tasks that involve the thumb and index finger. There are many ways of treating this condition with the help of physiotherapy, steroids and corticosteroids. There are easier ways of dealing with this issue on an everyday basis, as follows.
- Wrist Splint: It is a good idea to wear a wrist splint at night which will keep the bones and muscles stationary as the pain in this condition usually starts at night. This will also prevent further damage to the median nerve.
- Activity: Keep your activity to a minimum to give your hand and rest, in particular, some much needed rest from the pain, numbness and tingling. Further, you need to avoid activities that cause too much pain and numbness. Also, take care to keep your thumb and wrist straight during other activities so that there is less strain on the median nerve.
- Strength and Flexibility: Many times, the pain from the wrist and fingers can spread towards the arm as well. In order to prevent this and to treat the pain on a more long term basis, it is important to turn to some mild exercise which can make the area more flexible and strong. This can include wrist twists which can be done ten times for each hand. One can also try Yoga to strengthen the joints in the upper body.
- Ice Pack: Use an ice pack or ice compress on your wrist for ten to fifteen minutes each every few hours to help in relieving unbearable pain.
- Anti-Inflammatory Medication: Patients suffering from this condition can also turn to non steroid medication that will help in bringing down the inflammation. This inflammation is usually responsible to a great extent for symptoms like numbness and pain which can halt various activities. These drugs may include aspirin, ibuprofen, and even naproxen sodium.
- Taking Breaks: One must take regular breaks at work and flex the fingers and the wrist so that the painful bending posture does not make matters worse.
Ensuring that you manage your everyday functioning despite Carpal Tunnel Syndrome is a matter of balancing your activities with rest.