Find numerous Urologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Urologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Urologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy Procedure
Blood In Urine (Hematuria) Treatment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment of H.I.V
Hydrocele Treatment (Surgical)
Kidney Transplant Treatment
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Minimally Invasive Urology Surgery
Open Prostatectomy Surgery
Reconstructive Surgery Procedures
Reconstructive Urology Surgery
Transurethral Incision Of The Prostate (Tuip) Proc
Transurethral Resection Of The Prostate (Turp) Pro
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Urology Minimally Invasive Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Girish NelivigiYour feedback matters!
I am 62 yrs old. Absolutely healthy. Sometimes I feel as if i'm having prostrate problem while urinating. Please suggest any remedy?
I am male 28 years old. And I have urine place their ieatching in last 5 years. I tried so many creams. But ieatching is back in few days. What I do give me a medicine.
While urinating, the urine passes tightly, and initially urine passes very thinly, and have to put slight pressure for the urine to pass. It is generally happening g at night, and because of the frequent urination, the sleep also get disturbed. I wake up 2 or 3 times for urination at night. Day time iit is almost comfortable. Please advise remedy and why ity is happening so?
How to use "POTRATE -SF "syrup? Once I use it but forget how to use. I have urinal problem for a few days. Can I use it if so how to consume?
I am suffering with stones in kidney of size 4.5mm and 4mm. I look very lean, please suggest a diet plan for me to gain weight so that size the stones won't increase.
Kidney failure is happening even to 20-year-old Indians now! 4 Reasons why.
Usually more common in the elderly as a consequence of the chronic kidney disease, kidney failure is now increasingly becoming common amongst 20-somethings in the country.
Mainly because of their unhealthy lifestyle habits, they are falling prey to a disease that normally strikes later on in life.
Kidney failure, also known as renal failure, occurs when the kidneys stop functioning properly, that is, they are unable to filter out waste and toxins efficiently from the body. It is the most severe stage of chronic kidney disease. To ensure that toxins don't build up in the body, treatment usually involves dialysis (process for removing excess fluid and waste from the blood) or kidney transplant, among others. It is said that about 1 million people all over the world are on dialysis or are surviving on transplanted kidneys. The condition is permanent and can occur either very suddenly or slowly over time.
These frightening habits of the young are leading to the rise of the incidence of renal failure:
1. A sedentary lifestyle - A research conducted by the University of Utah School of Medicine suggests that if you spend 80 minutes a day sitting, you see a 20% increase in the risk of developing chronic kidney disease and, in turn, renal failure.Sedentary behaviour can also increase your risk of diabetes, hypertension as well as obesity (causes of chronic kidney disease).India is said to have about 60% of patients who suffer from hypertension and diabetes also suffer from kidney problem.
2. Poor eating habits - Studies suggest that the right diet consisting of fruits legumes, nuts, and whole grains can help in preventing kidney disease.On the other hand, a diet that is high in processed meats; salt and sugar can worsen the vicious cycle of high blood pressure, high blood sugar, and kidney disease. Furthermore, a BMI of over 30 can increase your risk of developing common kidney ailments by two-fold. With the proliferation of fast food outlets and junk food due to lack of time, Indians are increasingly now at a risk.
3. Smoking - Smoking brings about a decrease in blood flow to the kidneys, rendering the organs inefficient. When you smoke, the arteries of your body harden and the blood vessels become narrow, leading to a worsening of conditions like high blood pressure. A study by the John Hopkins University says that smoking can increase your chances of developing kidney disease by about 60%. Many young Indians view smoking as fashionable and some even take it up to 'look cool', to beat stress or just to blend in with their peers.
4. Drinking alcohol - Excessive alcohol consumption can bring about significant changes to the way your kidneys may function. Your kidneys end up becoming less efficient at removing alcohol from the blood due to regular drinking. Additionally, more than 2 drinks a day has been found to significantly increase your risk of high blood pressure, a common cause of kidney disease.
Related Tip: 4 Types of Kidney Stones and Their Common Symptoms
During pregnancy yellow urine is normal or not after taking medicine basiton forte, aciloc 150, emi Doxyn, Saltase is it normal.
Hello doctor, I am having pain in my anus from 2 days. There is not any blood leakage. Please help me. I am also having stone in kidney.
I am 18 years old girl and I am feeling little irritation after urination with dark yellow urine. I don't drink water much. Can it be because of this or something else. I even don't take coffee but last two days I took cold coffee.
My frd is having kidney pain but we had a commitment now I want to give a urine test but if I give a urine test will any one come to know whether I have used condoms in urine test please answer me soon.
I am facing dead pain and burning while urine an sometimes blood, cloudy flows from my penis. Please. Suggest me a good medicine for my problem.
Sir, I am suffering from rectum pain. I have consulted doctor before 2-3 months; that time they said that It was not piles, only there is uneven surfaces on my rectum wall was noticed. They gave me some capsule like medicine to insert in rectum. But it didn't get cured. And I am still feeling pain in my rectum/ anus in all day; sometimes severe; I need your kind help and suggestion about which ointment to use and which medicine to take. Thanks a lot Sir!
From yesterday I feel burning while urinating and I feel like urinating frequently. Last night I had fever but no burning I was normal, I take d'cold slept n now no fever But burning agn started. Now I am drinking more amnt of water. Which medicine do you prefer? Shud I take any antibiotic? If its will not work tmrw mong I ll visit doc. Suggest me please Thnk you.
Hi I have high blood pressure and diabetes as well. Though both ate under control but since last few days I am having some problem with urine. Every time I need to put extra pressure to do the urine. I am 70 years old. Please suggest.
Kidney stones could be a cause for worry by the time they are not removed causing incessant and regular pains and disrupting normal life. The task is not finished even if you get them removed because what follows is a rigorous and disciplined routine that you must follow to maintain your health after the surgery is done. Diet plays a crucial role in negating the possibility of yet another stone accumulation. Here are a few diet tips that would be handy if you have got a kidney stones removal surgery done.
- To stay hydrated is the golden rule that you must abide by at all costs. It is advisable to drink at least 2-3 litres of water on a daily basis. Water prevents the formation of stones and would also help to eliminate any remaining residues of kidney stones existing in the system.
- Dairy products could be included but in diluted form.
- A fixed dietary routine is mandatory above all. The patient should be given meals at proper time intervals in small proportions. Heavy meals should be avoided at all costs.
- Foods rich in high fibre should be included in the diet. They help in bowel movement also. These include whole grain breads and beans.
1. Foods rich in oxalates and calcium should be kept at bay for at least a period of two months after the stone removal procedure is complete. Oxalates can lead to the formation of yet another stone which is far from desirable. The foods that fall in this category include:
- Green leafy vegetables like spinach, mustard and beet greens
- Cabbage, cauliflower, tomatoes
- Banana, mango, apricot, grapes
- Nuts like almond and cashew
- Soft drinks
- Caffeinated drinks like tea and coffee
2. Foods rich in sodium should be kept at bay for at least some time immediately after the surgery.
3. Reducing the food intake that is high on animal protein.
4. Do not eat stale food.
5. Junk food should not even cross your mind. It is something which should be avoided for best results.
These are generic guidelines that would help you to cope with post surgery care. However, there could be specific requirements depending from patient to patient. Therefore, it is advisable to get the guidelines by a doctor who will take into account the specificities of the case. Diet along with exercise is in most cases, the most effective combat to kidney stones. The trick however, is to not go overboard with either of them.