Find numerous Urologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Urologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Urologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Girish Nelivigi
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of H.I.V
Hydrocele Treatment (Surgical)
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Urology Minimally Invasive Surgery
Kidney Transplant Treatment
Blood In Urine (Hematuria) Treatment
Reconstructive Surgery Procedures
Transurethral Resection Of The Prostate (Turp) Pro
Reconstructive Urology Surgery
Minimally Invasive Urology Surgery
Transurethral Incision Of The Prostate (Tuip) Proc
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy Procedure
Open Prostatectomy Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Girish NelivigiYour feedback matters!
Hii 24 years old I drink lot of water because I feel thirsty and with in 1 hour or half an hour I micturate now is it normal to urinate within an hour. My mother had diabetes and in this disease we feel very thirsty .Plz help.
I am 53 years male undergoing BPH prostate medication for 2 years. Can the medicine be stopped for a month to assess the health of prostate.
I am 24 year old female .final year mbbs student, I was having pain loin to groin. So I get USG done .i found 4 mm LK stone. Also I was taking protein diet like 4eggs a day plus whey protein .and now I am taking neeri syrup nd cystone tablets for it. Frm 1 week. So I want to knw in how many days I will get relief frm this. Because the pain is still thr and should I also stop taking whey protein supplement? Can not I take only one scoop a day. Is it really harmful?
Dear sir. My brother was suffering from type 1Dm and HTN and BPH and metabolic acidosis and ARF since from 3 years and he is talking continue same medication and yesterday I was done investigation creatinine was 1.6 and urea was 41 and psa was normal fbs and ppbs was within normal ranges and urine albumin is traces and neck3 is normal. Yesterday to he is suffering from herpes zoster today we started acivir 800 mg 5 times per day and ultracet Bd. Please suggest me sir which tablets should take.
The urine was stored for 3-4hours then it was checked by prega news first one line appear after 10mins 2line appear what does it means?
Hi I am a 45 year old female. Recently I had pelvic sonography for recurrent uti and was found that I have an enlarged uterus which is blocking the passage of urine partially. I do not want to undergo operation at present please tell me an alternate way to prevent uti.
Thank you very much for your reply. I have been constantly worried about STD. But this type of discharge has never happened before and this is giving me very uncomfortable feeling. This never happened in the last 20 years. I am 35, unmarried and I masturbate regularly. Also I have some shrinkage when this discharge happens. Some say this is harmful effects of masturbation. Another homeopath said it's Prostatitis and this is prostatic fluid. Please advise. Regards Amit.
The urinary tract starts from the kidneys to the urethra where urine is passed out. Given the rich concentration of minerals and toxic wastes, it is highly prone to multiple infections. UTI, as urinary tract infections are often referred to, is one of the most common infections. In women, especially, every 1 in 2 women is affected by an UTI. Whichever part of the tract is affected, the symptoms and treatment are mostly the same. Read on to know some of the most common symptoms and treatment options for these.
- A burning sensation with urination
- Pain with urination
- Burning sensation or pain in the urethra or vagina
- Frequent urge to urinate, though not much urine is passed out
- Sense of incomplete emptying of the bladder
- Pain in the lower back on the sides of the spine
- Change in the urine characteristics color, smell, or appearance
- Fever or chills, maybe associated with shivering, nausea and vomiting
Most urinary tract infections are bacterial in nature, and these could find their way into the body through multiple ways.
- The most common is through the urethra, which could happen due to unclean toilet habits.
- Women especially are advised to wipe the urethra after each toilet visit. The bacteria from the feces can also enter the urethra due to close proximity
- Use of unclean public toilets is another reason for UTIs
Though most often UTI does not require specific testing, the following are useful in confirming the diagnosis.
- Culture and sensitivity: The urine is sent for a culture to identify the exact organism that has caused the infection. It also helps identify the right antibiotic which will help bring the infection under control.
UTIs are very common infections and though there is nothing to worry, it should be cleared completely.
- Antibiotic course to get rid of the infection. Though you begin to feel better, the complete course should be completed to clear the infection.
- Following culture testing to ensure the infection is cleared
- Improve water intake to get rid of the toxins
- Fever and pain to be controlled with medications
- Healthy hygiene habits to ensure clearing of infection
Recurrent UTIs is a common problem, and the following can help prevent.
- Ensure complete emptying of the bladder
- Drink adequate water
- Safe toilet habits, including before and after sex
- Comfortable and clean underwear to prevent infection
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!