Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Girish M K
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Girish M KYour feedback matters!
All the food you consume throughout the day including salad dressing and cereals have sugar in disguised forms. Health practitioners have cited sugar to be the number one concern in the list of unhealthy food items. Cutting out sugar from your meals completely can prove to have amazing benefits for your body.
Here is what cutting out sugar from your daily diet can do for your body and health:
- A healthier heart: Eliminating sugar completely from your daily diet ensures a healthy heart and lesser cardiac problems and complications as the sugar causes a hike in the insulin levels. The spiked insulin can cause complications in the nervous system and cause blood pressure to rise which increases the chances of suffering from a stroke.
- Battling obesity: One of the best outcomes of cutting out sugar from your diet is losing weight. People who consume foods rich in sugar are prone to obesity as sugar gets converted into fat in the body. Once you start eating foods which are devoid of sugar, you’ll start observing a remarkable difference in your weight.
- Helps in avoiding bad cholesterol: People who consume too much sugar usually have low levels of good cholesterol and higher levels of bad cholesterol because of the accumulation of triglycerides and blood fats. Bad cholesterol creates blockages in the arteries and blood vessels which cause heart diseases.
- Lowers depression: The brain depends on a supply of chemicals such as glucose and insulin in order to function. However, when an excessive supply of glucose (sugar) is provided to the brain, insulin allows the sugar to enter the cells which can lead to constant sugar spikes in the brain. A sugar spike can cause your brain to become immune to glucose which makes it less effective, thus causing depression and anxiety. Thus, when you completely cut down on sugar, you reduce chances of depression by almost 40%.
- Better oral health: As you might have heard, sugar causes the enamel decay which can cause serious oral problems. Other than cavities, sugar can give you bad breath which is why you need to cut it out from your daily diet completely. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hello Doctor, I want to know the reason behind my mother's sudden death. When I came from college, I saw my mother lying in kitchen, there was no scars, no pain, it seemed like she is normally sleeping in peace. I called ambulance, but they said that my mother is no more. I asked the reason to them, then they requested to do post mortem. I can not see post mortem happening with my mom's death so I refused. I do not know the reason what happened with my mom. I can tell you step by step whatever I know which may help you to find the exact reason behind my mother's sudden death. 1) My mom was a diabetic patient since 10 years and it was normal usually does up and down between 100 to 300. 2) Mom got injury on head due to table corner attack onto her head. It got swallowed so I took her to hospital in May, 2015, there they said that my mom's diabetes has been reached upto 500 and she has to be admitted in the hospital immediately to control diabetes. 3) Dr.from Hospital did treatment for 3 days and than discharged when diabetes got normal with 100. 4) We took mom at home, she was having tablets and seeming like she is recovering. 5) My mom died on 8th Sep, 2015. Prior to this day i.e. 7th Sep-she was all fine but on 8th Sep, 2015 from 1 am till morning she dint sleep. I can say she dint sleep for whole night. She said this to me while waking me up in the morning at 6 am. She also said that she dint sleep whole night DUE TO ACIDITY. 6) I than left college at 7 am by kissing her on her chick and putting her on bed to rest. She slept on bed than I do not know what happened to her as I left for college. 7) I came from college and saw my mom is lying in the kitchen peacefully, no pain on face, no scars, nothing, Seems like she is sleeping peacefully. I also saw a pan of tea, that means she had milk tea though she was having high acidity. I assume that might give her stroke and due to stroke, she might got died. But I am just assuming. Please help me knowing the exact reason behind her death. I have mentioned the whole case study and for medical records to analyse better.
Sir, Suffering from Hyper thyroid, weakness,lack of enthusiasm, high fast sugar, continue fatigue, symptom like depression, anxiety & not feeling well at all.
I have six month pregnancy, tsh leve is 5.5, symptoms like-pulse rate is high, insomnia, irritating behavior. Taking eltroxin 25 as per consultancy. Is it hyperthyroidism or hypothyroidism? and what should I do?
I have hyperthyroid from 6 months and taking thyronorm 50 mcg. Now my TSH levels are normal. I'm drinking milk and eating eggs for strong bones and for stamina is it ok to drink milk and eat eggs when TSH are normal?
I am 46 years female I am suffering from diabetes from 2 years I take tablets morning and evening my sugar level is normal some time some time my sugar level go down 60,70.but from 15 days my legs and hands are burning .my sugar is normal .Bp is normal my weight is 90 kgs. Please help me .give me suggestion. I lost my husband one week before I have three children they are worried about my health.
I have a thyroid if I go for medicine or it may dangerous for me and I have changes in my voice and it feel like pressure when I talk.
Diabetes or diabetes mellitus is referred to as a group of disorders that are characterized by a high blood sugar level. Diabetes mellitus occurs when the secretion of insulin (a pancreatic hormone responsible for converting the sugar from consumed foods into energy) is insufficient or the body cells do not properly respond to insulin. Insufficient secretion of insulin causes glucose formation in the bloodstream and mixes with the urine.
The psychological factors responsible for Diabetes Mellitus. In majority (not all), this disease originates with some recent stress in life. This disease is an epidemic in late thirties till Fifties. In this age, a person is productive in his profession and most of the time there are job or financial issues that play a very vital role in generating stress and hence Diabetes.
Mostly, in my practice patients reported, before developing Diabetes, a recent financial loss or strain, love disappointment, a betrayal, or fear of loosing a job etc., Sedentary habits, diet and genetic factors are secondary. Homeopathy keep such things in account before prescribing and in many cases Diabetes is reversible. Thers is a vast field of diabetic complications where Homeopathy has a LOT to offer. One of them is diabetic neuropathy. For example pain in soles, nerves, lack of energy, sexual dysfunction, mood disorders, diabetic ulcer etc.
Homeopathy For Diabetes-
In homeopathy, the main focus is on functioning of the pancreas in efficient insulin production. There are specific medicines which are used effectively in the treatment of all the stages of the diseases.
Homeopathic treatment can help improve the general health of a person with diabetes:
If a person with diabetes is in good health, his or her insulin requirements will be steady and the blood glucose well controlled at the same time. Homeopaths resort to different approaches towards diabetes Management of Blood Sugar. First is when the blood sugar level is very high, the priority is to control it and there are homeopathic remedies that could reduce the sugar.
Homeopathy regards health as a state of balancing the equilibrium of the life force. Whatever treatment is taken it’s always advisable to be in regular touch with the doctor and keep sharing the health status with the doctor. The homeopathic preparations useful for diabetes are as follows:
- Phosphoric acid: Useful remedy for diabetes with the symptoms of recurrent physical or mental exhaustion, loss of memory and numbness in the feet.
- Abroma Augusta: This homeopathic preparation is useful for diabetics who show the symptoms of polyuria, an increased sensation of hunger and weakness in the muscles.
- Syzygium Jambolanum: Useful in reducing the blood sugar level quickly and effectively. This homeopathic preparation is also useful to cure diabetics with the symptoms of polyuria, increased sensation of thirst and long-term ulcers.
- Gymnema Sylvestre: This Homeopathic preparation acts as a useful remedy for diabetics who are experiencing the symptoms of weight loss with a severe lack in energy levels.
- Uranium Nitricum: This homeopathic preparation is a useful cure for diabetes with the symptoms of depression, nausea, irregular urination, severe pain in the back, delayed menstrual periods in women, significant pain in the head and dry skin.