Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Girish M K
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Submit a review for Dr. Girish M KYour feedback matters!
Hello, Dr. My wife 43 years is suffering from hypertension measuring 90 - 140 & fluctuate 10 + - with slight high tgl. She have complain of breathless Ness on little walk and complain pain in lower limb. Is this due to HTN? Can you please advise medicine for her? Three days before she started amlin -5 mg.
My mother has found recently having cholesterol problem. She is also suffering from asthma .please suggest preferred food to intake.
Today a strange thing happened. I was standing on the road and suddenly everything got black. I felt dizzy. Then everything cleared but my heart rate has increased very much. I went to eat biryani and reached home almost after an hour (I was with my friends). Still my heart was pounding. After I woke up from a sound sleep than I felt good. What had actually happened?
I am 67. My weight is 53 kg, height 5 ft. 3inc Recently, one month, I have palpitation. In the home BP machine pulse rate is 100-105. BP: 125/67. I have some weakness Also. I want to know whether I am under-weight? Is there any problewith my pulse-rate? I have started Biovital tab yesterday. Kindly Advise?
Strokes occur when blood to the brain gets interrupted or reduced. When this occurs, brain cells begin to die as they don't get enough nutrients and oxygen. Such life-threatening episodes can strike you anytime.
There are certain signs that can help you to clearly recognise an occurrence of stroke:
- Face drooping on one side
- Weakness or numbness on one side of the body, usually a leg or an arm
- You're unable to think or say anything clearly
- You experience slurred speech
- Difficulty in moving your tongue
- You get a sudden and severe headache
What Tests can be Done to Identify the Stroke?
There are certain tests that you can do to identify these warning signs.
- To identify facial weakness, the smile test is used wherein you're simply asked to show your teeth to check for any changes in this facial expression - a lopsided smile.
- To check for weakness in the body, the arm test is performed in which you raise both your arms to the same height. In case you're unable to do so, you may be experiencing arm weakness, a sign of stroke.
- For slurring of speech, you may be asked to repeat sentences such as 'Don't cry over spilt milk' or 'The pen is mightier than the sword'.
- Stroke can also be identified through the walk test wherein with the help of another person, you walk across the room to check for changes in your step.
If not treated in time, strokes can cause permanent brain damage. More importantly, unlike heart attacks, anxiety may not always be the cause of your stroke symptoms. That's why, being aware of these symptoms and recognising them on time can help you to quickly seek medical assistance.