Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Girish KumarYour feedback matters!
I am suffering apydydamic cyst in my right testis, can you tell me is this cure with out any operation and with medication Please suggest.
My son had loose motions yesterday. Used O2 and sporlac. Within one day motions stopped. Is it good for him?
Hello, can you please suggest me which is the best milk for my 3years old child? Cow Milk or Buffalo Milk?
My son is 4 months 15 days old, last month I checked his head circumstances it was 42 cm and when I checked now it's still the same 42 cm. My pediatric told me every month 2 cm should grow but my son is the same I'm worried but he is very active. Pls suggest me what I should do.
When it comes to babies and their sleeping habits, you have to understand that every baby is different and has different needs. Thus, certain things that may work for one set of parents may not necessarily work for the other. Thus, here are a few tips that will ensure that your child gets ample of undisturbed sleep and stays healthy and fit:
1. Learn to distinguish when your baby starts feeling tired: Once your child starts feeling tired, he/she will definitely show specific signs that he/she requires some sleep. Some common signs are:
a) The constant eye rubbing
c) Getting a bit fussy and cranky
Put your baby to sleep as soon as possible when he/she starts showing such signs. If your baby gets overtired, it will be all the more difficult for him to fall asleep.
2. Set a proper sleep cycle: Ensure that you set a suitable sleep cycle for your baby. Train your child to sleep during the night and play during the day. Ensure that you keep your kid busy during the day, ensuring that he/she stays awake even after a feed, so that he is tired by night time and sleeps properly all throughout the night. At night, when your child gets up for a feed, ensure that you do not turn on the lights. Instead, make sure to keep the room in semi-darkness so he/she goes back to sleep effectively.
3. Ensure that your baby is full: If your baby is hungry and has not had his fill, it will tend to disrupt his sleep. Thus, ensure that your baby is well fed before you put him to sleep. For example, if during the day you feed the child after every three hours, as evening approaches feed him every two hours. This will ensure that he is well fed before he goes to sleep.
4. Let go the burping occasionally: Babies do not avidly breastfeed at night. Thus, it is not essential that you wait for him to burp every time he feeds.
5. Give a Massage: Another way to ensure that your baby sleeps properly is to give him a good massage. A massage will help the child to relax and thus sleep better.
Can 7-la antacid solution 200 ml be given to 1.5 years old child she is facing loose motion problem. Please advise.
My 8 month baby is suffering from bronchopneumonia with CCF and she is having vancomycin and piptaz injections for treatment from last 9 days. Now from last nite she is sweating a lot. Is it normal.
I have baby boy of 2 years he ate chocklate too much now his teeths are black what can I do for clean his teeths I brush his teeths daily but unable to clean his teeths any suggestion please?
I HAVE A 7 YRS OLD DAUGHTER. THREE YRS BACK SHE WAS ADMITTED TO HOSPITAL FOR 2 DAYS FOR DEHYDRATION. FROM THEN ON SHE HAS A LOT OF ITCHING ON HER BODY. IT KEEPS OCCURRING IN 2-3 MONTHS GAP. PLEASE SUGGEST SOME REMEDY
My 18 months daughter denies to have food all the time and if she eats then quantity is very less. She is of 10 kg only and sh is underweight What to do, pl suggest
My son age is four months. He is having loose motion and crying every time . He is not feeding proper milk. Giving cows milk to the son .Lactogen is good or bad for my son. His mother not having milk to feed son. Tell about my wife for how to increase the milk. Thanks .
My child is now 7 years old. He has undergone 2 stage pull through anal surgery. He has still problems in passing stools, at least goes to poty for 5-6 times in day.
Asthma is an inflammatory disease, which affects the airways of your lungs (respiratory tract that pumps oxygen into the lungs). It is long term in nature. It is characterized by shortness of breath, coughing and wheezing. It occurs few times a day or few times a week depending on the person it affects. Sometimes it worsens during the night.
What triggers Asthma?
- Airborne particles such as dust mites, mold spores, pollen and cockroach waste.
- Infections in the respiratory system such as common cold.
- Cold air can also trigger asthma.
- Physical or outdoor activities which make you pant such as running, skipping, jogging and jumping can cause shortness of breath, thus triggering asthma.
- Pollutants and irritants in air such as smoke.
- Some medications can also trigger asthma.
- Stress and nervous attacks (panic attacks) also trigger asthma.
How to manage asthma better by changing your lifestyle:
- Try to avoid keeping animals in your house such as dogs, cats and rabbits. Many times animal fur, waste, urine and saliva contains particles which can cause allergic reactions and make you cough uncontrollably. This in turn triggers asthma attacks. If you have pets try keeping them away from your bedroom.
- Dust mites also cause allergies which trigger asthma. So wash your carpets, rugs, bed-linen and pillowcases in hot water.
- Bugs and insects such as cockroaches are not only unhygienic, but can also trigger asthma. Cockroach droppings near your bed, kitchen and food are dangerous and you should call an exterminator to get rid of these bugs.
- Sometimes, heavy fragrance also aggravates your respiratory tract and triggers shortness of breath. Avoid using heavy perfumes, deodorants and room fresheners.
- Pollution also triggers asthma. Dust particles come out from the vehicles and mix with the air. If this air is inhaled, it might trigger uncontrollable asthma. So try to cover your mouth with a cloth when you step out of your house.
Asthma can be very severe and can bring many hurdles in your day to day activities. Changing your lifestyle and certain habits can reduce asthma to a great extent. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pulmonologist.