Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Girish KamathYour feedback matters!
Can slit lamp detect all types of nystagmus? Like" horizontal gaze nystagmus" vertical" gaze nystagmus" or mainly" latent nystagmus" accurately. Because to detect latent nystagmus one eye should be closed. But on slit lamp my one eye was not closed. How can I confirm that I have not latent nystagmus?
I am 20 year old man. I have weak eyesight. I have irritation during the day. I checked to many doctors but not found anything relief. Please tell me permanent cure.
मुझे vision की प्रॉब्लम नहीं है परंतु जब भी मैं computer पर कोई काम कर रहा होता हूँ, कुछ देर बाद मेरे सर में दर्द होने लगता है, dizziness सा फील होने लगता है। मेरा BP 146/90 है।
I have head ache from 2 weeks. And when I take shower I start sneezing after get shower. My head start aching. And my eyes start burning.
I am 43 year old I have a distance no around 5 to6 and now coming near no. Can you suggest me to remove distance no.
Does eating one lemon daily improve your eyesight decreases your contact no Please help me about it.
Hi I am 20 years old boy and my eye sight is really weak I. Do not know what to do. I can not see far can you suggest me what Should eat thanks.
I am having pain in the corner of my left eyelid (back side). When I use cold pack it hurts mire and when I use hot pack, no effect. It pains a lot while blinking the eyes. Little swelling is also felt. There is no reddishness in the eyes. Please advice.
I am 24 years old and I want to get rid of long sightedness which came since two years back and I am not happy to use glasses or lens so give me right tips for reducing my ailment?
Hi my dad have a eye problem, so he uses his eye drop daily, but today by default my mom got confused and she put some drops of clenorush which is used for oral thrush which includes 1 choline salicylate 2. Tannic acid 3 clotrimazole 4 cetrimide Glycerin. So his eye is paining very badly. I just need to know is it gonna cause big problem later? Please advice.
My eyes are yellow after jaundice it remains yellow I want to turn it white like I have before jaundice.
I am 21 year old male. How can I reduce my eye power? I am myopic, are there any eye exercises/ medicines?
Eyes need as much regular exercise to keep them healthy as any other organ of the body. Eye exercises are usually designed to provide strength to eye muscles, while improving focus, allowing flexible eye movements and helping stimulate the vision centre of the brain. Eye exercises might not necessarily improve eyesight but they help in preventing eye problems and maintaining the correct eyesight level.
Here are 4 Eye exercises that can help strengthen the eye muscles and improve your vision:
1. Blinking - Your eyes get strained due to long hours of sitting at the computer or television and you tend to blink less. Whenever you blink, your eyes stay in darkness for a few microseconds that help to keep the eyes fresh, while reducing eye strain.
2. Palming - This exercise involves three steps:
- Taking a few deep breaths before beginning the exercise
- Make yourself comfortable by resting your elbows on your knees and slowly closing your eyes
- Cover your eyes with the cup of your palm, place your fingers on the forehead and the heel of your hand on your cheekbone
This exercise helps in achieving inner peace and calm and also helps in resting your mind.
3. Figure of eight - This exercise helps in strengthening the eye muscles and provides flexibility. In this exercise, you need to imagine a huge eight in front of your eyes. Slowly turn the 8 on its side. With the help of your eyes slowly trace the figure of 8. Repeat it the other way after a few minutes.
4. Near and far focusing - This exercise helps in strengthening the eye muscles and improves the vision of your eyes. It involves the following steps:
- Either sit or stand in a comfortable position for 2-3 minutes
- Bring your thumb about 10 inches in front of your eyes and try to focus on it
- Now try focusing on an object that is about 10-20 feet in front of your eyes
- Try switching between focusing on the other object and your thumb on each deep breath