Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Girish K.Your feedback matters!
I am a right arm spinner in cricket. From last 2-3 days my index finger and middle finger of right hands are paining when I close y fists or bend my fingers. Please help me with this.
I'm having trouble with my neck and it aches so badly sometimes that I cannot even eat anything! How can I stop ache?
I am a 64 years old male and am having pain above and below both my knees, I am having this for last 3 to 4 years, but the peculiarity of this pain is it lasts for 2 to 3 months and than seizes off again it reappears and after few months it again seizes. I have not taken any medical treatment for this nor I had applied any pain reliving balm. Please suggest a remedy and also cause for this pain. The pain is only while squatting on the floor and rising up, otherwise there is no pain while walking, standing sitting on a chair or rising up from the chair.
There are many situations under which people may go through joint or muscle damage. There are other portions that may also go through the side effects of such damage. During the damage, a knee ligament might be overstretched (sprained), or at times even torn. A ligament tear can be incomplete (only a portion of the filaments that make up the tendon are torn) or complete (the tendon is torn totally). Knee tendon wounds can bring about pain, swelling, wounding and lessen the movement of your knee. Your knee joint may feel unsteady and you may walk with a limp.
There are four tendons in the knee that could get damage:
- The anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) is one of the two noteworthy tendons in the knee. It connects the thighbone and the shinbone in the knee.
- The posterior cruciate ligament (PCL) is the second significant tendon in the knee also connecting the thighbone to the shinbone in the knee.
- The lateral collateral ligament (LCL) connects the thighbone to the fibula, the littler bone of the lower leg on the parallel or external side of the knee.
- The medial collateral ligament (MCL) additionally connects the thighbone to the shinbone on the medial or inside of the knee.
Side effects can include the following:
- A popping sound or feeling at the time of the injury can in some cases be heard if a ligament is entirely torn.
- Swelling of your knee. When a tendon is harmed, there might be some bleeding inside your knee joint from the harmed tendon. This can lead to knee swelling. The level of swelling will rely upon the seriousness of the damage. Minor ligament sprains may bring about a little amount of swelling, though totally torn ligaments may cause more damage.
- Pain in your knee. Once again, the level of pain depends upon the seriousness of the knee damage.
- Your knee might ache even on touching it.
- Chondromalacia patella is a condition in which the cartilage under the knee cap becomes softer.
- A feeling that your knee is might not be stable or even if you would be able to stand on it. This may make you limp. This too depends upon how serious the damage to the tendon is.
- Wounds around your knee can occur at times. It might take some time to heal.
Treatments that can help elevate the pain are as follows:
- Rest the knee
- Ice your knee to get rid of pain and swelling
- Apply compression on your knee
- Raise your knee on a pad when you are sitting or resting
- Wear a knee brace to balance the knee
- Take painkillers as recommended by your specialist. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopedist.
Hi sir I m was very bad my leg was very pain And I m I'll so what are you doing now Sir tell me sir please quick give the answer sir.
Hello, My problem is my cough n flu. Last night I have very pain in my neck n chest. Please advise which medicine I take for my cough. Thanks, Chander shekhar.
My right arm has stopped working properly for the last 25 days. L feel difficulties in wearing on or off my shirt or kurta. I can't hold glass of water with my right hand. I have consulted homeopathic doctor who said that I have my frozen shoulder. The orthopaedic doctor just gives pain killers. I am taking daily light exercises but no relief I have got till date.
My periods have got delayed by three days. I too feel very tired suddenly I'm facing back pain, constipation, gas and also problem in sleeping. Is it possible that I would be pregnant. If so when shall I could do home pregnancy test. Someone please suggest me.
My left knee MRI report says high grade injury with full thickness tear in mid substance of anterior cruciate ligament. Moderate amount of joint effusion extending till suprapatellar bursa. What does it mean? Treatment is only surgery or can be treated without surgery. Which type of surgery is performed? Is surgery is safe? My knee will be recovered completely after surgery? How much time surgery takes? Please provide the answer of above queries?
My mother is suffering from knee pain since last 8 years as she met to an accident due to which she faces problem while walking and even she can't sit more that 1 hour fold her legs.
Having back ache nd stiffness (cramping issues). Suggest some initial remedies nd exercise to get rid of it without any course medication.
Different foods have different properties. Here are some foods to have and a few you must refrain from if you are suffering from arthritis and inflammatory pain:
Include these foods in your diet.
1) cherries - these contain anthocyanocides which assist in lowering uric acids, thus reducing the level of pain.
2) ginger - eating fresh ginger of drinking ginger root tea is advisable if suffering from arthritis and inflammatory pain. The gingerols present in it include anti-inflammatory compounds which are extremely helpful.
3) pineapple - there exists in pineapples, an element called bromelain which is a very effective anti-inflammatory.
4) raw apple cider vinegar - anti-inflammatory properties of raw apple cider vinegar are also very beneficial. It can be consumed by drinking a tablespoon of the vinegar mixed in about 250ml water or as salad dressing.
5) turmeric - turmeric or as we call it haldi, has anti-oxidant as well as anti-inflammatory properties.
6) omega 3 fatty acids - omega 3 fatty acids also have anthocyanocides. Which lower the levels of uric acids. Eating more of chia seeds, flax seeds and fish is also encouraged.
And the foods to avoid are,
1) sugary foods - sugary foods are like toxins which cause inflammations and lead to more pains in the body. Hence, avoid foods with excessive sugar when suffering from arthritis and inflammatory pain.
2) omega 6 oils - these oils, if consumed in high amounts, cause inflammations. It is advisable to replace these foods with healthier foods.
3) fried foods: deep fried foods are cooked at high temperatures and thus induce inflammation.
4) salt - this happens to some people where excess intake of sodium increases the pain in the joints. Hence, lowering consumption is not a bad idea.