Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Dr. Girish. HYour feedback matters!
The treatment is bringing me a migraine please tell me, I in bringing Dr. But my pain was not told yet.
I am 49 years old I suffered from migraine since 18 year. Which ayurvedic medicine should I take out of 9 ayurvedic medicins suggested by you.
Hello, I am taking levipil 500 mg twice daily and venlite OD 100 mg once at night, I have taken levipil due to my complex partial seizure which is not proven. Doctor has advised me to take 3 years long. Am I taking these medicine ryt? I am not understanding if my seizures is not proven y doctor has suggested me to take it? I am so confused. Also I have dissociative disorder doctor has suggested me to take lonazep 0.5 mg and medistat. Is it good for my health? I am getting weak day by day and I have knee pain and I cannot bear it sometimes. What should I do?
I am suffering from anxiety and insomnia for last 7 years. There is slight depression because of negative thinking and feel bad and tired even of slight adverse event which continue to come in my mind. Taking Zapiz .25 mg or equilibrium tab.
Epilepsy is a neurological disease which is characterised by recurring epileptic seizures. These seizures can be brief or can persist for prolonged periods. Vigorous episodes which last long can result in physical injuries such as broken bones. Mention that 6th February is International epilepsy day.
Causes of Epilepsy
The cause of this condition isn’t very evident; however, most medical practitioners attribute epileptic seizures to brain injury, tumours, infections in the brain or birth defects. Some doctors believe that epilepsy is caused due to genetic mutations and is an outcome of abnormal activity of cells in the brain. Other causes for this condition can be alcohol or narcotics withdrawal and electrolyte problems.
- Repeated seizures
- Impaired memory
- Bouts of fainting
- Short spans of blackout
- Sudden bouts of blinking and chewing
- Inappropriate repetitive movements
Types of Seizures
A seizure, also known as fit, is usually a brief episode characterised by uncontrollable jerking movement and loss of awareness due to abnormal neuronal activity in your brain. A collective occurrence of these seizures causes epilepsy.
There are three types of seizures an epileptic person usually encounters.
- Idiopathic: This kind of seizure has no apparent cause
- Cryptogenic: The doctors believe that there is a cause for the seizure but cannot detect it
- Symptomatic: These seizures occur due to a reason.
- Medication: Medication is the most common treatment in case of epilepsy. Drugs taken on a regular basis can stop the seizure partially. But in very severe cases, they seem to have no effect at all.
- Surgery: For symptomatic seizures which are caused due to abnormal brain function, surgery can be a way to get rid of seizures. In some minor cases, nerve stimulation in the brain and special diets can be prescribed to control the epileptic seizures.
Five facts about epilepsy you need to know:
- Epilepsy is not psychosis or madness and can be treated easily
- Popular celebraties with epilepsy include Aristotle, Alfred Nobel, Alexander the great, Sir Isaacs Newton, Martin Luther and Julius Caesar etc.
- Woman with epilepsy can have a normal pregnancy
- Newer medicines for epilepsy are effective and very safe
- Surgery can cure epilepsy in some patients. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Neurologist.
What are the top most lifestyle modifications to get rid of insomnia apart from quitting tobacco & alcohol?
I am 32 years old female. I am suffering from severe migraine attack. Please suggest medicine for migraine.
My daughter 18 is suffering from cerebral palsy. Not able to stand though lot of exercises. Botox also given a number of times.
I am a diabetic patient since 10 years. My problem is numbness in hands and foot. any permanent cure?
I am 27 year old female and I have migraine and sinus for the last 15 years so is there any cure for these disease. Like some medicines or therapy?
Two years ago I started getting tingling in my right hand including my pinky with sharp pains below my elbow. Since the birth of my 3rd child 11 months ago it has become almost unbearable I can't write even my name without complete numbness and severe arm pain. I have surely lost 85% of my strength. What could this be? I have done Ibuprofen and a wrist sling with no results.
When I wake up in the morning my left hand fingers don't feel anything for some time This is happening for last 3 days, what might be the reason?
My father is 57 years old. He is diabetic from last 12 years. From last 1 year he is putting insulin 2 times a day. Now problem is that he is not able to sit or walk from last 6 months and is completely on bed. Doctors said he is suffering from parkinson and dementia. I want to know the medicines and when he will able to walk or sit.
I am 43 year old. Since last one month feeling numbness in the left hand elbow, baby finger, ring finger and left feet area. My Bp, sugar & tmt test normal. Please advice.
Benefits of sleeping on your left side. In ayurveda it is called vamkushi:
1. Prevents snoring
2. Helps in better blood circulation
3. Helps in proper digestion after meals
4. Gives relief to people having back and neck pain
5. Helps in filtering and purifying toxins, lymph fluids and wastes
6. Prevents serious illness as accumulated toxins are flushed out easily
7. Liver and kidneys work better
8. Helps in smooth bowel movements
9. Reduces workload on heart and its proper functioning
10. Prevents acidity and heartburn
11. Prevents fatigue during morning
12. Fats gets digested easily
13. Positive impact on brain
14. It delays onset of parkinsons and alzheimers
15. It is also considered to be the best sleeping position according to ayurveda.