Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. GirishYour feedback matters!
After cumming on my hand I washed it then touched the inner side of her underwear my hands were dry could she be pregnant?
Hi I am pregnant now 33th week is running, I had severe cough problem I am worried about that, Is it risk or not and can I take cough syrup is it safe?
Hi I'm married women I want to know secure days for sex so that I will not get pregnant.Please tell.
a typical meal plan for ibs sufferers
This meal plan provides 25 - 30 g of fibre from a variety of sources and 30 - 35 g of fat depending
On the quantity of added margarine, oil and fat content of dairy foods.
Breakfast - a bowl of high fibre cereal such as untoasted muesli, weetbix or porridge with fresh or tinned fruit and reduced fat milk or a calcium fortified soy milk and/ or wholemeal or grain toast with minimal margarine and honey or vegemite. Tea.
Lunch - sandwiches made with wholemeal bread with low fat cheese, lean beef, tinned fish and salad. Tinned or fresh fruit with low fat yoghurt. Water, tea or diluted juice.
Main meal - water, lean grilled chicken with lemon juice and pepper. Served with salad, boiled new potatoes and wholemeal bread.
Snacks spread throughout the day - fresh fruit, low fat yoghurt, crackers with cheese, or wholemeal crumpets with honey. Water, tea or diluted juice.
I got very light period for 2-3 days. After that continuously facing yellow discharge. It happened with me (light period) once but got proper period by sysron NCR tablet. Now its happening again. Is it my period (light period) or I should wait for proper period? Its been 10 days passed from my period date . I have faced this issue in April too. I have negative pregnancy test. What can cause all this?
I am 27 years old and my husband is 31 years. We have been married for 5 years and now we are planning for a child please give guidelines we are trying but it is not successful.
My wife is late for her periods by a week. On 16th April gyane tested her urine sample which was positive. I am surprised as we are married for a month and I was able to go in halfway only and only once on 24th March ejaculated a bit inside her. Her last period was on 13th March. Now doc says she is pregnant but also said to wait for another week. Can she really get pregnant or is it too early to confirm. Moreover she had infection and was being treated for it since past one week. Please reply urgently as we both are not ready yet and she is 38kg and very thin doctor said she is undernourished.
One of the most severe forms of pain is the pain that a woman experiences during the process of childbirth. On a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being the most severe, it is believed to be 8 to 10. In the earlier days, a number of women would die during childbirth and survival was considered as a second lease of life. This belief has however, changed with the advancements in medical science. The delivery has now become an almost painless procedure.
How it works: The pelvis and the lower limbs receive nerve supply through the nerves coming out of the spinal cord. A strong anesthetic is injected into the lower back to numb the pelvis and down below. This ensures that the mother is comfortable and awake during the whole procedure and is able to see the child being delivered but has reduced pain in the lower half of the body.
What are its benefits?
- The mother has a painless delivery and is conscious and able to see the process of delivery.
- Significant relief from the painful experience of childbirth. The pain induces secretion of stress hormones in the mother, which adversely affects both the mother and the child.
- Blood pressure is better controlled using this procedure.
- Additional instruments can be used during the delivery if required without the need for additional anesthesia.
- If required, the procedure can be converted to a cesarean section too, by adding an epidural catheter.
- The duration of childbirth has been significantly decreased.
- Suitable for patients who have preeclampsia and heart disease
It has some disadvantages too
There are minor complications, including:
- This can develop after the painless delivery and the onset and intensity vary from one individual to another
- Post-procedure headache
- Pain at the site of injection
- Difficulty during urination
- The normal pushing effect by the woman is reduced due to the numbness and so vacuum may be used or delivery may have to be converted to a cesarean one.
- In rare cases, there could also be a sudden drop in the blood pressure
In the following cases, the doctor would advise the mother to go for a painless delivery
- Medical conditions like preeclampsia, high BP, or other heart conditions
- Subsequent births after having had a cesarean section (VBAC – vaginal birth after cesarean)
- People who have previously had prolonged or complicated labor, a painless delivery is easy on both the mother and the child
When it should be best avoided
In some cases, like the ones listed below, the painless delivery should be avoided
- Women with bleeding disorders.
- Women who are on blood thinners like aspirin, heparin, etc.
- Women who have had prior low back surgeries
- Women with neurological conditions
A detailed discussion with your gynecologist is the best way to identify, if this would work for you.
I am a 21 year old guy , I had my first sex in October, 2014. I want to know about having a safe sex with two condoms ?.
How many scan take during pregnancy. Now am in 31 weeks of pregnancy. Doctor told me to come 32 weeks will take scan. What scan take during 32 weeks of pregnancy. My belly is small. If anything problem to my baby. Pls tel me.
Absolutely! a good reason we have so many mothers with "surprise" with"surprise" late life babies :) Women assume that because they are not having periods anymore they can't get pregnant. Not so, you can still be ovulating even if you've stopped having periods. So the only way to know safely is to consult your your doctor. The general rule is that women are considered menopausal when they have not had a period for a year AND they have an FSH over 30. FSH is the abbreviation for for follicle stimulating hormone. It is the hormone that tries to kick start the ovaries when they begin to shut down. A young woman may have an FSH of say 6, because her ovaries are working well and the stimulating hormone is not having to do much. Once the ovaries begin to stop producing this number will begin to climb as the hormone says to the ovaries come on, come on what are you doing? The closer she is to menopause the higher it will be. SO an FSH over 30 (ovaries are inactive) AND no periods for a year is your only safe bet to stop using contraception. Unless of course you would ENJOY having a toddler at 45!
I am 30 years female, I am having irregular periods. I am not having thyroid problem, my scan report is normal. My weight is 62. Please send solution for this problem. I am having this problem from starting itself. When I take meprate only I got periods.
Hi sir i am 24 years married. I was 5 weeks pregnancy. And I took abortion pill. I had bleeding for 7 days continuously. So my question is still pregnancy will remain or is abortion procedure is successful? Pls answer me.
I am 63 yrs old and suffering from right side cervical vertebrae 3& 4th area pain with right buttock and pelvic pain for the past ten. Years. Please suggest me.
Hi ,i am suffering Irregular Periods from last 1 1/2 year. Can sugest me the ayurvedic solution for the same. Age of 32.
My female partner have want to be sex in my bump. Is it possible and how her to be sex at my behind side of body? And which items her can be used for sex?
Do you know that the future health of your baby is decided before you even conceive? Your preconception health is very important. Planning a baby is a demanding task, but if you plan it well you will have a healthier and easier pregnancy.
These are a few tips which can do wonders
1. Relaxation at Work and Household Backup - Plan out your work schedule. You might need to change your work hours or may be change the job profile. You will also need someone to help you out with the household chores around this time.
2. Finances - Get your finances settled and insurance plan changed accordingly.
3. Lifestyle Modification - Eat healthy. Stop the intake of alcohol and stop smoking. Set aside a time for regular exercise if possible. Try to lose that extra flab and stay very active.
4. Reduce Stress - Create a support system for yourself. Engage in activities that uplift your mood.
5. Take Folic Acid - Take 400 mcg of folic acid tablet daily. It helps prevent birth defects of brain and spine in the baby.
6. Avoid Exposure to - Harmful chemicals, metals and toxic substances at workplace and home. Protect yourself from infections. Stay away from cats.
7. Up-to-Date Vaccination - Make sure your vaccination is complete. Vaccination against rubella and flu are very important. It is also important to maintain a gap of at least one month between your rubella shot and pregnancy planning.
8. Optimize your Medical Condition - If you have Hypertension, Diabetes, Asthma, Epilepsy or any other medical condition you must take complete advice from the physician. Blood pressure and sugar levels have to be under full control. The type and dose of the drug may need modifications.
9. Check Family History - Ask your parents, grandparents, brothers, sisters, aunts and cousins about any health problems in the family like genetic problems, mental retardation or malformations in babies. This can help your Gynaecologist to determine which problems to look for and how to prevent it.
10. Visit your Doctor - Carry a record of your medical conditions, family history and a checklist of your queries. Get tested for Li Blood Group, Thalassemia, HIV, Thyroid Levels, and Blood Sugars.