Find numerous Cardiologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Cardiologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Girish GodboleYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from dry cough for the last two weeks and I have chest pain whenever I cough hard. Can you suggest what should be done?
What is the main cause of low blood pressure? Doctor told me that my pressure is little bit low. Last couple of days. My head is .dizzying. What to eat in low blood pressure n what to avoid? please suggest me.
I'm having pain in chest due to gym, may be muscle tearing is the reason. What should I do? Increase intake or?
Hi, My SGPT is 94 and Cholesterol, Trig, HDL and LDL are 248, 273, 36 and 166. I need advice on what do I need to do to bring this parameters down. I am really concerned with this as I am a vegetarian and non alcoholic.
*हृदयाघात तथा गर्म पानी पीना*
यह भोजन के बाद गर्म पानी पीने के बारे में ही नहीं हृदयाघात के बारे में भी एक अच्छा लेख है। चीनी और जापानी अपने भोजन के बाद गर्म चाय पीते हैं, ठंडा पानी नहीं। अब हमें भी उनकी यह आदत अपना लेनी चाहिए। जो लोग भोजन के बाद ठंडा पानी पीना पसन्द करते हैं यह लेख उनके लिए ही है।
भोजन के साथ कोई ठंडा पेय या पानी पीना बहुत हानिकारक है क्योंकि ठंडा पानी आपके भोजन के तैलीय पदार्थों को जो आपने अभी अभी खाये हैं ठोस रूप में बदल देता है। इससे पाचन बहुत धीमा हो जाता है। जब यह अम्ल के साथ क्रिया करता है तो यह टूट जाता है और जल्दी ही यह ठोस भोजन से भी अधिक तेज़ी से आँतों द्वारा सोख लिया जाता है। यह आँतों में एकत्र हो जाता है। फिर जल्दी ही यह चरबी में बदल जाता है और कैंसर के पैदा होने का कारण बनता है।
इसलिए सबसे अच्छा यह है कि भोजन के बाद गर्म सूप या गुनगुना पानी पिया जाये। एक गिलास गुनगुना पानी सोने से ठीक पहले अभी पीना चाहिए। इससे खून के थक्के नहीं बनेंगे और आप हृदयाघात से बचे रहेंगे।
I checked my BP twice and it is 90/60. My problem is when I wake up or sometimes I feel like breathless and my brain is not getting proper oxygen. Its not exactly headache it is something else. I also feel fatigue most of the time. And I feel like sleepy.
I am 35 years old having cervical spondlytis left shoulder in spine t-3 & I am having pain in chest & burning sensation also this is because spondlytis or I should go for chest check up.
Hi doctor I want to know that my wife is suffering from low B. P. From last few days instead of taking medicine. I have done all check ups but report is normal so suggest e what can I do. I am waiting for your favorable reply please reply me. Thank you.
I am blood pressure patient can I eat mango fruit for the hope for reduction in blood pressure. I am not alcoholic.
Can the Ayurveda medicines lower the LDL levels in few months or the allopathic medicines have to be taken simultaneously along with the Ayurvedic medicines, if yes which are the Ayurvedic medicines which help in lowering the LDL levels in the blood & can the plague already present in the arteries be cleared by these medicines.
Since blood is part of the cardiovascular system, and diabetes is a condition in which the level of glucose in the blood is higher than normal, then is certainly some relationship between the two.
Diabetes and cardiovascular system diseases has been recognized to be closely related to each other due to the so-called insulin resistance syndrome or metabolic syndrome. Some examples of the commonly diagnosed cardiovascular disease are coronary heart disease, stroke, high blood pressure and other heart conditions.
Diabetes is considered a major risk factor in cardiovascular diseases. Other factors that contribute to the possibility of acquiring cardiovascular diseases in diabetic patients include hypertension, smoking, and dyslipidemia.
How Diabetes Causes Cardiovascular Problems?
- Hypertension: Hypertension in diabetes is considered a major contributor to the increase in mortality from cardiovascular diseases. Diabetic patients, especially those with Type 2, need to always have their blood pressure checked every visit to the doctor. Self-monitoring at home is also a must to maintain and control the rise of blood pressure. The American Diabetes Association recommends a target blood pressure of not more than 130/85 mm Hg to maintain a good level of blood pressure.
- Arteriosclerosis and Atherosclerosis: Arteriosclerosis is the stiffening or hardening of the artery walls while Atherosclerosis is the narrowing of the artery because of plaque build-up. Atherosclerosis is a form of hardening of the blood vessels/arteries, caused by fatty deposits and local tissue reaction in the walls of the arteries. Diabetes is a documented high risk factor for the development of both Atherosclerosis &amp; Arteriosclerosis . Heart disease and stroke, arising mainly from the effects of atherosclerosis, account for 65 percent of deaths among diabetics.
- Hyperglycemia: Hyperglycemia means high (hyper) glucose (gly) in the blood (emia). Your body needs glucose to properly function. Your cells rely on glucose for energy. Hyperglycemia is a defining characteristic of diabetes, when the blood glucose level is too high because the body isn't properly using or doesn't make the hormone insulin. There is a growing recognition that diabetes belongs to a special category of risk factors because it markedly increases risk of CVD. This increase is partly the result of the pernicious effects of persistent hyperglycemia on the vasculature and partly due to the coexistence of other metabolic risk factors.
- Smoking: Smoking has been determined dangerous to our health. Studies show that smoking indeed increase risk of premature death and cardiovascular disease in diabetic patients.
- Atrial Fibrillation: Atrial Fibrillation means an irregular and rapid heart rate which can increase the risk of stroke, heart failure and other cardiac issues. Individuals with diabetes are at an increased risk of developing atrial fibrillation. This risk is higher among patients with a longer duration of treated diabetes and poorer glycemic control.
Individuals with insulin resistance or diabetes in combination with one or more of these risk factors are at even greater risk of heart disease or stroke. However, by managing their risk factors, patients with diabetes may avoid or delay the development of heart and blood vessel disease. Your health care provider will do periodic testing to assess whether you have developed any of these risk factors associated with cardiovascular disease. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.
My mom has cholesterol and she take medicines daily as directed by the doctor can you please tell me what are the best things for her which she can eat.
I have moved for cardiac package at jaipur . My ECG came abnormal however all other related investigations were normal i.e. 2D ecgo, TMT, blood and urine tests , chest x-ray . I just want to know that if my 2D ECHO IS NORMAL AND TMT IS NORMAL then why the ECG is abnormal . I keep on checking my blood pressure every 2 to 3 days the lower side blood pressure always comes normal between 87-92 however the higher side blood pressure comes higher near about 140-157.
I am 19 years old boy. Sometimes my leftside chest became paining like electric. My weitght is 50kg and height is 5 foot 11 inches. What should I do?
High blood pressure is a condition that is characterized by increased pressure on the walls of the artery. This condition occurs when the systolic pressure (contraction of the heart) is greater than 130 and the diastolic pressure (relaxation of the heart) hovers around 90 over a period of time.
If the condition is not treated, then heart muscles and blood vessels come under a lot of strain. It is caused by factors such as:
- Excessive consumption of salt
- Not consuming vegetables
- If you are obese
- Over consumption of alcohol
- If you lead a sedentary lifestyle
Ayurveda is a holistic method of treatment that focuses on improving your overall wellbeing. It is free from side effects as it is a natural method of treatment. The various Ayurvedic remedies to treat high blood pressure are:
- Diet: Include vegetables and fruits in your diet as they provide your body with the necessary nutrients. Make sure that you are not eating excess carbohydrates and fats. Avoid junk foods in your diet, consume natural foods such as whole grains and legumes. Eat foods such as brown rice and whole wheat as they provide steady stream of energy in the body.
- Yoga: Make sure to add yoga workouts to your morning routine as they help in keeping your body supple and flexible. It also helps you in relaxing and centering yourself so as to reduce mental stress. Start off with simple postures such as upward dog and the cobra.
- Remain Active: If you are the type of person who leads a sedentary lifestyle, then you need to get off the couch. A sedentary lifestyle is known to increases the risk if high blood pressure and diabetes. Follow an exercise regimen to keep your heart healthy.
- Avoid stressful activities: Avoid situations that take a toll on your mental health as they can create complications if you are suffering from high blood pressure. In your free time, indulge in activities that provide a source of relaxation and peace such as playing or reading a book.