Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Submit a review for Dr. GirishYour feedback matters!
No matter how much information there is available about AIDS and HIV, the thought of it makes a person shudder. The Human Immunodeficiency Virus or HIV is the virus responsible for AIDS or Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome. This virus attacks the immune system and over time leaves the body defenseless against other infections and types of cancer. Till date, there is no cure for HIV or AIDS. However, what we do know is how the disease can be transmitted from one person to another. Knowing this enables us to control the transmission of the disease.
Unlike other viruses, HIV cannot be transmitted through air, water etc. This virus can only be transmitted through:
- Blood: Receiving blood transfusions from an HIV positive person is sure to put you at risk of suffering from the disease as well. For this reason, it is essential to only take blood from registered blood banks that run HIV screening tests. This holds true for organ and tissue transplants as well. Being stuck with an HIV infected needle can also put you at risk of coming in contact the virus. In some cases, direct contact between broken skin, wounds and mucous membranes can also lead to the transferring of HIV cells from one person to another. HIV does not spread through saliva, however, if while kissing, both partners suffer from bleeding gums and one partner is HIV positive, there is a risk of the transference of HIV from one person to the other.
- Bodily fluids such as semen and vaginal fluids: The only way to prevent the transmission of the HIV virus from one partner to another while having intercourse is by using a condom. This creates a barrier between the bodily fluids of both partners and keeps them safe. A condom is needed even if the couple is engaging in anal sex. In fact when comparing anal and vaginal intercourse; anal sex puts HIV negative partners at a higher risk of getting in contact the virus than vaginal sex. Theoretically, this virus can be transmitted even through oral sex is a HIV positive man ejaculates into the woman's mouth. However, this is a rare occurrence.
- From a mother to an unborn child: A HIV positive mother can transmit the virus to her child when pregnant, at birth or while breastfeeding. However, if the mother follows HIV treatment, the chances of her passing on this virus to her child are significantly lowered.
The above are the only three ways HIV can be transferred from one person to another. HIV cannot be transmitted by sharing utensils, drinking the same water, through mosquito bites or by shaking hands etc. Thus, there is no reason to ostracize an HIV infected person.
I have the problem of dry cough from last 2 year I were checked by the doctor s but not get the relief They told me the reason that is infection Give me some better solution.
My brother is 13 years old. He is suffering from fever. He took paracetamol before 2 hrs. After taking it the fever came down from 103 to 101.5 but how can iy get down to normal temperature? Is it a matter of tension?
I have been enjoying a Great Sex life. My sperm count is good. I am no impotent. My male part erects to about 6-7 inches with a nice width. However the problem is, other than my romantic moments, its like lesser than or about 1 inch. When I go to restroom to pee, sometimes its a problem too cause of its length. Its been like this since forever. Is there something can be done? So it could be enlarged, even when I am not having sex. I hope my question is clear. Previously it was misunderstood and I was so called impotent/erectile dysfunction.
Sir I am suffering from nightfall last 2 -3 years .so I sir request you please tell me a best medicine name. My age 23y.
I am 28 year male, I have usual problem of stomach and now I have problem of Hair fall as well. Please help me.
1. Keep little walk or move every two hours from your desk
2. Any thing to be lifted do it from sitting and upright position
3. Avoid sitting or lying in soft cushion which may sag body into it
4. If possible outdoor cycling can be practised for 30 minutes a day in particular time period regularly
5. No hunch back in any posture
6. Keep reading anything in correct body alignment